Game Mechanics Q&A

How does the unique shield scales of justice interact with minions if we take necromantic aegis?

How do we know how much mana minions such as different spectres or mage skeletons have?

Using the Maw of Mischief Helmet skill "Death Wish", how does it prioritize the minions that will chosen first to explode? Making it choose minions based on proximity of the location of the mouse would make sense, but it seems to be almost random.
Concerning Petrified Blood:
I'm assuming the "life loss prevented this way is lost over 4 seconds" is applied as the last step?
So if I take damage, and I have "%phys taken as X", this is applied before Petrified Blood does its thing? So the life loss that is applied over 4 seconds, would then be part phys, part X?

Can you confirm that the part that is applied over time does not interact with mitigation, prevention, avoidance, etc in any way? (In the sense that mitigation was already applied to it, before a part of the damage was prevented.)

A specific example:
A monster deals 1000 chaos damage with a hit.
I have 50% chaos resistance, and "+25% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time" from the upgraded Soul of Arakaali pantheon.
I have Petrified Blood active, and I am currently on low life.
A lvl 21/0 gem reads: "When taking Damage from Hits, 40% of Life loss below half Life is Prevented, then 80% of Life loss prevented this way is lost over 4 seconds".
Is the following calculation correct?
1000 chaos dmg → 50% chaos resistance → 500 chaos damage
500 chaos damage → 40% life loss prevented → 300 chaos damage taken
200 chaos damage prevented → 80% of prevented lost over 4 sec → 160 chaos damage taken over 4 sec → 40 chaos dmg/s for 4 sec

So I take 300 chaos damage as a hit, and then 160 dmg over 4 sec.
Nowhere along the line does my "+25% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time" apply to this correct?
Last edited by Samwiseru on May 9, 2021, 4:06:54 PM
About the Soul of Arakaali major pantheon power:

"50% increased Recovery rate of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently"

When is a player considered to be "taking damage over time"?
If a player's regen outpaces the damage, are you still considered to be "taking damage over time"?
What about leech, ES recharge, recovery from flasks etc.
Is the "stopped taking damage" part considered as "stopped taking damage, from a source" or "stopped taking damage, from any source."

For example: If I am taking damage over time from two sources, let's say, an ignite from a monster, and a Caustic ground effect. If I remove the ignite (with say, a flask with the "of dousing" affix), but I remain in the Caustic Ground effect. Am I considered to have "stopped taking DoT" for starting this pantheon effect?

Additionally, the Petrified Blood skill is worded as "life loss prevented this way is lost over 4 seconds". I assume this does not count as "damage over time", and as such, cannot ever start the pantheon effect?
Can you guys detail the tags of the quill projectile the porcupine monster type uses? We could all use an official answer on the game's most deadly mechanic.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Excellent question! +1
Might have already been asked but I would love to hear the mechanics behind the alternate ailment effects like scorch, brittle, and sapped. For example, if a hit successfully inflicts scorch, how do I know the magnitude of the scorch applied? Thanks, love the game and your work GGG, keep on rocking.
GGG, can you please clarify how group quantity bonus and xp bonus is applied. Many people thing it is zone related and not radius. Can you please elaborate how the group quantity and experience bonus is applied to parties? People think not respawning boosts drop rates.
Are divination cards that drop from specific bosses (The Offering, The Rabid Rhoa, etc) affected by map/gear IIQ?
When I'm rolling an item with a Chaos Orb, what are the odds of it generating with 5 or 6 affixes?

When I'm rolling an item with a Chaos Orb, does it first roll the mods it would get(ie. a life and a mana roll as the prefixes and cold and lightning resistances as the suffixes), and then roll the tier of that mod?

When I'm rolling an item with a chaos orb, what is the overall procedure for generating mods on that item?

When I'm using a Synthesize an item Harvest craft, what are the odds of it getting 1, 2, or 3 implicits?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info