Game Mechanics Q&A

why are flamethrower trap & seismic trap not scaling with more cast speed from fanaticism? (even when the wording is parallel to exsanguinate and more spell damage?)
Are you intending on refining your "predictive" network method? Some of us (the entire continent of Africa) don't have servers and predictive can get pretty bad. We play on 200 ping. Labs are absolutely horrible, you're 2 screens ahead then suddenly teleport backwards into a trap and die. Playing cyclone, you're right on top of a mob or boss and you don't hit them because the server thinks you're somewhere else. What you see isn't handshaking with the server very well.

I know many players in South Africa who play this game, I'd like to see the player base for South Africa vs New Zealand when South Africa alone has 11-12 times higher population than New Zealand and our entire continent has a population 248+ times higher than New Zealand, but we have no server.

You have 14 servers. Quite a few of them (EU) are located quite close to each other. How do you justify not giving an entire continent a single server? I'd really like to see the player numbers of South Africa (alone) vs New Zealand.

We've had Azure servers for 2 years now. We got Amazon servers last year. We have 5G and high speed (100mbps+) internet. I myself am paying standard rates and getting over 300mbps download. Have you just forgotten that we exist? I've 40/40'd 6+ leagues now will continue playing, but I've made a conscious decision to not spend a single more sent until you acknowledge this gap.
"
Choplun wrote:

The wording "increased/reduced" as opposed to "more/less" seems pretty consistent across skills and gear, but it's puzzling in the atlas descriptions: "Thaumaturgical awakening" boasts "50% increased chances to drop an awakener orb", but it definitely feels like "50% more chances to.."

when there is no other effect affecting something, "more" and "increase" are the same things.
if you have 1 effect "50% increased chances to drop an awakener orb", or 1 "50% more chances to drop an awakener orb", in both case, you have 150% of the base chance to drop it.

it change somthing if you have 2 of them.
2 "50% increased chances to drop an awakener orb" will add, and you will have 100% + 50% + 50% = 200%
2 "50% more chances to drop an awakener orb" will multiply, and you will have 100% * 1.5 * 1.5 = 225%
So what exactly is the formula for Scorch, and what is the minimum value for Scorch? I've been trying to figure out exactly how worth the ailment is, but there are barely any details online.
An honest question:

Are you happy with the results of the three-months-cycle? Clearly the game is returning some money but the performance results are not good.

Another one:

You said that directx9 was removed because you didn't want the game to look old or bad or something. Isn't worst to look bad in performance? I mean, if you can manage every computer, go on ahead, remove that kind of support when your game is not well optimized and sometimes, people have to reset every 3 maps or so.

Cheers.
Last edited by Gackuto on May 9, 2021, 10:26:58 AM
For Heist, does the job requirement affects the loot in any meaningful way, or is it only dependent on the contract/blueprint level?
How exactly does projectile speed affect toxic rain? Does projectile speed affect arrow nova support in the same way?
Vaal Lightning Strike
(...The orb will periodically fire projectiles at other nearby enemies for a duration, which will also damage the enemy the orb is attached to.)

- does the orb independently damage or only fire projectiles? If 'Yes', have this damage tags - melee and projectile?
Why dont modifiers to chaos damage effect ignites inflicted with the blackflame unique ring (causes ignites to deal chaos damage over time)

modifiers to fire effect fire dot, so it would make sense for chaos modifiers to effect a chaos ignite
I play on 2560 x 1080 resolution.

I can click anywhere using left mouse key, to move anywhere on the screen.
However, I cannot attack using right mouse key or q,w,e,r,t on the far left or far right side of the screen.

Why do you limit the attack area of the screen?
This is painful when using a high resolution on an ultra-wide monitor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info