3.14.3 Engine Patch Notes Preview

"
Azarhiel wrote:
Well good news maybe ?

Seriously with an Asus ROG MB, 32GB of G.SKILL RIPJAWS ram, an i5 7600K and a 2070, and a win 10 pro, i don't see where the botleneck could be on my end...

We will see how it is going with those new graphs... Only this game runs poorly...

CPU 4x core must be your bottleneck
Will the post what "internal engine improvements" were done in the full patch notes?
sounds good, we will see how it works :)
"
d1rtiq wrote:
CPU 4x core must be your bottleneck

I highly doubt that, say my ancient i5 was always enough except that "performance" patch half a year ago or so when the cpu load was really, really fucked up and they rolled it back.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
kole wrote:
"
If one of these bars is maxing out, then that's the current bottleneck that you should consider upgrading. If critical issues such as insufficient VRAM are noticed, then the display will alert you to this.

Ah yes, if one of the bars is maxing out because of bad optimization due to the engine having to render 800 white items that drop after an incursion, then it's my fault the bottleneck is happening and I should consider upgrading.

"Your fault"? You are being very defensive, nowhere have I seen GGG say it's your fault that game performance is poor. Take a breath, friend.

The rendering engine is not perfect (no engine is), and performance can suffer when there is a lot going on (personally I rarely have problems with a middle-of-the-road system, but I am sympathetic to those that do). I'm sure that engine improvements can be made, and that GGG is always working to make those improvements, however additional tools to help a player see where they might have some scope for an upgrade can only be a good thing. Note that is the choice of each player. You're perfectly free to wait for engine optimisations and keep your computer as it is - no one is saying that you must upgrade or that you are in any way at fault for not doing so.
"
due to the engine having to render 800 white items that drop after an incursion

This could be actually taken care of, by replacing these high-poligon on-the-ground models by something more simplistic, even icons; nobody looks at them anyway.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
From patch to patch, the engine should be better in all , but in fact we have a small visual improvements for game's experience much more lower and blurry :(

No one care of visual effect when regulary we have to wait 10 or 15s that they appear, it ruins the game.

Actually textures appear too slowly for the game ,and maybe it works well in open world games that can load texture at far point of view but its not appropriate in POE.

I doubt that problem will be solved in the next engine patch ... but lets dream a little, who know.
Last edited by Oxix on Jul 5, 2021, 3:55:17 PM
"
dW2005 wrote:
This could be actually taken care of, by replacing these high-poligon on-the-ground models by something more simplistic, even icons; nobody looks at them anyway.

Yes, but I imagine that's very low on GGG's priority list.
"
Lixy wrote:
An engine improvement patch right before a league launch?

These have never gone wrong before!

On the bright side, at least they've finally learned to not do it ON league launch. At least the players can beta test it a couple weeks before launch.
rly cool

ty GGG
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info