3.14.3 Engine Patch Notes Preview

where are the "buff spectral throw" peeps at?
this league when i play on frankfurt server igot crashed every 30 min or hour then swiched to amsterdam and no crash happens dont think this is on player side as it shown on this league start
Last edited by Reaper0181 on Jul 5, 2021, 9:14:16 AM
"
If one of these bars is maxing out, then that's the current bottleneck that you should consider upgrading. If critical issues such as insufficient VRAM are noticed, then the display will alert you to this.

Ah yes, if one of the bars is maxing out because of bad optimization due to the engine having to render 800 white items that drop after an incursion, then it's my fault the bottleneck is happening and I should consider upgrading.

Yeah, why change how the engine operates for the sake of performance and give players more options to turn off certain things when you can just tell me it's a bottleneck on my end and that I need to upgrade? Ez engine development. Now if only I could get my hands on some of that alien tech to max out the game and run it butter smooth for end game mapping, that would be wonderful.

I also find it interesting how this is sold as "engine improvements" while in reality it's 5 lines about expanding the performance graphs to show some more info.

inb4 removed by support because I am calling it what it instead of writing "nice" and acting excited over nothing.
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
-----------------------------------------------
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
make Cleave great again
"
kole wrote:
"
If one of these bars is maxing out, then that's the current bottleneck that you should consider upgrading. If critical issues such as insufficient VRAM are noticed, then the display will alert you to this.

Ah yes, if one of the bars is maxing out because of bad optimization due to the engine having to render 800 white items that drop after an incursion, then it's my fault the bottleneck is happening and I should consider upgrading.

Yeah, why change how the engine operates for the sake of performance and give players more options to turn off certain things when you can just tell me it's a bottleneck on my end and that I need to upgrade? Ez engine development. Now if only I could get my hands on some of that alien tech to max out the game and run it butter smooth for end game mapping, that would be wonderful.

I also find it interesting how this is sold as "engine improvements" while in reality it's 5 lines about expanding the performance graphs to show some more info.

inb4 removed by support because I am calling it what it instead of writing "nice" and acting excited over nothing.

This ^^

I also DO NOT SEE what aspects of the engine are actually being improved. They give no real examples except that we can monitor bottlenecking aspects on the users' end. Well all that is fine and good information to know when troubleshooting things on the players' end, there still is the typical flawed League Launches where bugs that crap on just about everybody in the 1st week or two make it not so fun a vibe to hold onto when league starting. So, if everyone has to also provide these graphs whenever something has innately gone wrong with the server engine and is widespread, then that is kinda unfortunate for those who do have the more top-end gaming rigs.

p.s. it wouldn't hurt much at all to cut back on all the white crap-base loot drops to start with to alleviate some of the load server-wide! :P
Last edited by AShugars on Jul 5, 2021, 10:35:26 AM
Sounds great to be able to see the bottlenecks of my system!

(but it already works pretty decent with an R5 3600, 32GB Ram and R9 390)
Last edited by Rake7 on Jul 5, 2021, 10:40:10 AM
Can you allow us to turn some options completely off to improve performance for older machines?
"
Rake7 wrote:
Sounds great to be able to see the bottlenecks of my system!

(but it already works pretty decent with an R5 3600, 32GB Ram and R9 390)

32 gb ram, RTX 3080, 5900X a SSD M.2 that read up to 7000mb per sec. i also dont have any problems with POE or any games in 1440 at 144 fps
You just have got to include a benchmarking tool.
Last edited by AterVulpes on Jul 5, 2021, 11:07:13 AM
"
In the [GENERAL] section of the settings file, you can set cache_directory=x:\path\to\preferred\location to a folder on a faster drive.

Could someone give a little more detail on this? Is the cache stored on the same drive as the PoE install or on the OS drive by default, like the settings file and loot filters?

I have my OS on a regular SSD, but PoE is installed on an NVMe drive via steam. Poking around the steam folder and the folder in documents where the settings file is located, I noticed shader cache folders in both.

If the shader cache is being stored on the SSD, I obviously want to change that to the much faster NVMe. The directions on doing this are a little vague, so if someone could expand on this I would be very appreciative. I'm sure I'm not the only one who could benefit from this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info