3.15 Livestream Announcements

Well looks like another 3 months of other games this is my second season sitting out on the bounce. Balancing the game based on the requirements of the 1% whales and feedback of full time streamers seems to be the design philosophy of the devs for at least the last 9 months.

Well I have news for you GGG the vast majority dont hit the end game and obliterate it. The vast majority dont play META builds to be overly powerful but actually because the struggle to progress even into yellow/red maps with 80% of your skills due to the woeful scaling.

The majority of your playerbase arent twitch streamers or racers and the game is not easy for them but you seem to refuse to acknowledge that as the most vocal are those with the audience or are influencers in the community.
I love all the changes. So nice to have all these changes, wish more nerf would happend to balance the game even further. More nerfs would allow me to play for the entirety of a league as I just aim to kill Sirus one time on SSF and then transfer to regular and mess around with crafting and weird ideas. Best changes as a casual gamer, please make it harder so I can play longer than 2 weeks.

The problem I see is that all complaints are from people who take games too seriously and forget that games are just that, games. Another problem is clearly a lot of the complaining comes from those who treat games as a competition, compare themselves to streamers, or are under the delusion that they are on par with the "no lifers" which is a term I highly dislike because I like to think of those people as "highly invested in their hobby".

POE is just a game exile, just play and have fun and dont take it too seriously. If you take this game super seriously and it angers you I highly recommend to do some meditation.

Last edited by ㆍZombieㆍ on Jul 17, 2021, 11:03:27 AM
Mindlessly pressing 1,2,3,4,5 every 5 seconds is the one really bad part of this otherwise fun game. Thank you for fixing that :-)
Last edited by LNinka on Jul 17, 2021, 2:48:05 PM
"
groink19 wrote:
I don't understand the concept of this equation:

"Seeing the endgame = Fun"

You can still play white maps, destroy everything and be happy that your build is fun to play. Progress will set in automatically.

People here are like "now Act 1 is unbeatable". It's not doomsday my friends.

Additionally, nerfing support gems makes the game EASIER FOR CASUALS in a certain sense, because it will make 6L equipment less powerful in comparison to a 5L.

I'll try to explain - every content added by GGG with expansions (not leagues) requires you being at red maps to unlock full potential. For example, Sirus and Maven are not only endgame bosses - there is important game mechanics built around them, like watchstones, items, influenced bases, special orbs and etc. Even crafting requires specific lvl bases and unlocked bench recipes which come only from XX+ lvl mobs you will never encounter in white maps. So if you are not making it to endgame (read, to new game content) you are basically playing same content over and over again (with "new" mob hole every league) which in the end is killing fun. I am assuming here that FUN is doing something new/unusual

"Progress will set in automatically" - its true, but league lasts 3 months, most of players burning out after 1.5-2 months which makes it race towards progress or you'll never make it to endgame (fun/new content). And farming white maps is very slow progression.

"It's not doomsday my friends" - little you know about GGG nerfing something. Either they do make stuff completely unusable/dead or make changes unnoticeable. And in recent years they succeeded in killing stuff completely rather than slightly balance things.
Why would you spend thousands or tenths of thousand of dollars on promoting your game with a terrible league and the next one coming nerfing everything to the ground, thus making it a lot more difficult for players, new or not?
It just doesn't make sense to me.
I get it, it's CW's philosophy about the game. It's his, he had it in his head ever since he started this project and he wants to keep doing it as he will.
But when is it enough? When are you gonna stop pulling the rug on your own game when it's clearly counter-productive?
What's your playerbase looking like? Player retention? Community feedback? See any excitement generated by your announcements? Ultimatum was worse than Synthesis was, based on steam stats. But it's still philoshopy. It's still developer vision. Grindy, ruthless, out-of-my-way, my-way-or-the-highway kind of mindset at the top of the pyramid which clearly isn't going well.
But you're still experimenting on a playerbase that's getting lower by each league passing for a game that might come out in 1.5-2 years from now cause that's 'good' business exploit.
I dare defy that mindset. A lot of people do. Your calculations are purely hypothetical and mindlessly mathematical at best, you don't play your own game enough to be able to revolutionise it (and the gaming industry? ha) the way you mean to.
You keep saying you don't wanna repeat what the other companies have done 'in your shoes', so you're always taking different decisions. Have you never considered there was a reason for going with what they did and NOT with what you're going?

Start...designing...the...game...for...players...again.
"
Swiech wrote:
Every single time of new league pre-launch: ;)
Guys stop with this childish whining.

In my opinion since 2013 (begging of my journey with PoE) the game had been so massiveli improved the no one expected.

GGG puts a lot of work every single time.
Are they willing to earn money for their job? - yes
Is every their decision fullfilling everyones concept of enjoment? - no, it is impossible
Are they perfect? - no
Is PoE fun? - yes, otherwise what are you doing here?
Is PoE free to play? - yes
Is microtransaction nessessery to play? - no

So, once again, stop crying and keep in mind bigger percpective.
And GGG, one simple question:

When are comeing nerfs to bots and scammers ?

Stop whining. GGG doesn't have time to bother with your nerf requests.
Last edited by TiamatRoar on Jul 17, 2021, 10:19:40 PM
"
doroni wrote:
Out of your own ideas? Renamed frozen orb from Diablo 2?

As a diablo fan since windows 95, i think its kind of cool they are paying homage to a classic by including this skill. Going to be fun reliving the build in a different setting imo. But like most people on forums for free games, you just want to be mad about freeness. Really odd actually.
I know the plan with nerfing everything constantly is to inspire more builds and more diversity in builds, but I'm afraid this will have the opposite effect. Instead of more builds, most players will only be able to do end game with w/e proves to actually do the content. And at this point more and more builds are killed off by nerf after nerf. I have no desire to even try flaskfinder anymore. or maybe even this league, I didn't even finish watching the announce stream. Not all of us can play 24/7.

I Suggest CW league start with no help and play through the game and kill Sirus/Maven, even stream it! then maybe you will understand why so many people are upset that they're favorite game with so much potential is not in a good place. Please go back to making adjustments to leagues when everyone hates them after 3 weeks.
"

"Progress will set in automatically" - its true, but league lasts 3 months, most of players burning out after 1.5-2 months which makes it race towards progress or you'll never make it to endgame (fun/new content). And farming white maps is very slow progression.

Again, that's exactly my point. If the only fun content for you is the newly added one, maybe it's not the game for you right now. The grinding should be the fun part of the game, i.e. playing your build. Content like Abyss, Delirium, Blight, Rituals, Delve, Heist,... is perfectly enjoyable in white maps. Yes, you will never see some of the content, but you don't have to!

"

"It's not doomsday my friends" - little you know about GGG nerfing something. Either they do make stuff completely unusable/dead or make changes unnoticeable. And in recent years they succeeded in killing stuff completely rather than slightly balance things.

People always talked like this. Just look at minion nerf. People were yelling that minion builds were dead. And what happened? It's still perfectly viable and at a good spot (maybe again too good now with golems and spectres).
I like the idea that the top players now tell us scrubs that we don't have to be like them to enjoy the game. Or tell us that yellow maps are really enough, until we prove worthy, i.e. good enough. Actually we should be proud to beat the campaign. "It's an accomplishment, a rite of passage. Its own reward."

Give me a break.

We all need a healthy player pool for trades and general enjoyment of the game.

Without the 99% the 1% are nothing. All the whining when trades are difficult starting week 6 of the league. How leagues are dead, players are quitting ...
I quit 6 weeks in the league - could not stand the grind anymore.

Simple fact is that if this game wants to thrive, it has to cater to a wide variety of players. Not divide us even more or push out less skilled players by giving the impression that our concerns don't matter.

That's what got me during the stream. CW was clearly apprehensive regarding the nerf announcement. Nervous actually. They knew it was going to cause a backlash.
They "want to rip the band-aid off". Cool. I guess.

I will maybe return once the dust has settled. But right now I just need a break from this hamster wheel.

It's their game, of course. But they need players.

Last edited by Alatikus on Jul 18, 2021, 9:30:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info