Path of Exile: Expedition Launches Soon

I'm just one of the 60% or whatever it is now who is skipping this league.

I'll just play standard with my already leveled functioning builds and enjoy end game with my legacy gear, see you all there!!!
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked
well the flask change feels really bad who dont like keep checking in the top left of the screen for bleed/poison/ignite while u get destroyed for projectiles, so far zero speed and i hope with endgame gear (40% speed boots and headhunter) feel a little bit better but is not going well but i guess as a new playstyle can entertain for 1 week

and the league mechanic need drop more reroll itens u do 10+ maps without reroll the rewards... during leveling is worst u do a lot of maps and keep seen the same window and there are so many different currency its impossible know how many u have

btw u slow down the game but still have like 9 seconds to kill something in the alva... i can kill the npc and thats it in t3 maps lol, breach is kinda fast to the actual pace too
if i want a slow game i will go play final fantasy or wow this was supposed to be a fast game

well avoid: all curse maps, +projectiles, chilled ground, +critical chance/multiplier, reflect, -max resist, no mana regen, monster deal 100% extra damage as fire/cold/lightning soon i will just do white/blue maps
Last edited by Mokurp on Jul 25, 2021, 4:36:01 PM
League skip again, I even forget how many times, like 5 or 6 in a row... game state pure 💩
dear gggs roll back this misunderstanding, take a week break, give us back our flasks, skill gems and the build mechanics you killed, physical builds died, CoC builds died and tons of others got shit. not to mention 10x damage reduction. what about mana cost ??? Players want to have fun with chopping up giant packs of monsters, making their character stronger and faster, and enjoying the tangible results. not what is happening now. statistics already show the loss of 26% of players, but what will happen next ???
I do not understand GGG why the game POE is always made much more stressful! Already the two updates before the new ones now were no longer fun to play. Now even with the current new update I will ban POE from the computer because worse it probably no longer qualified game is replaced by masses of monsters that summa summarum in hardly a balanced proportionality. Only opponents are replaced by even more opponents a reasonable balance there is no longer!
So end with POE.

Last edited by Clixus on Jul 25, 2021, 3:39:22 AM
Come on people, release the stats about the launch! We know that the launch went smooth because player's numbers had been dire! I am really curious how you are going to justify the drop. Serving some execs head on a plate decorated with lime and lemons slices might satisfy the community :)
This is the beginning of the end.
The saddest part is that the developers don't hear us.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
"
spokipo wrote:
The saddest part is that the developers don't hear us.

THIS!

I really loved PoE as I got first in contact with the game - even if the complexity of the game was quite overwhelming in the first few month.

But after this: Hey, what a great game and no real "pay to win" like in other MMRPGs I played so far! I even spent real money because I liked the way I could use it for all my characters convenient stash managing.

I also liked the way the Devs did cycle in new challenges every X month and the fact that they formerly used the players feedback to decide what mechanics and/or changes will go to standard league in order to keep the playerbase happy.

But since the last few leagues, and since I dug deeper into things like reading forums, watching events and interviews with GGG, etc. my view as a "casual player" with average skills just spending some free time into the game has changed dramatically.

Sure the game engine is dated and inserting new engine mechanics into it could work. But some time ago it just didn't: A lot of players have suffered severe performance losses and stated them in the forums. Still there was mostly silence regarding this issues in almost all patchnotes and comments from the devs.

Rebalancing a game that is playable so diverse is quite a hard thing to do right. And there will always be some very few top notch players who will squeeze out the very last DPS on every given league and kill bosses in no-time and for them the endgame will be a piece of cake. But: Even if these few players promote their top-builds over various channels as guides that others will follow, the very vast majority of the constant playerbase will not be as close in performance as a few players who can afford the time, gear and have the skill to play flawlessly. Not even close. So in my eyes the re-balancing is most of the time done to mitigate the extreme power of a few players - but harms every single player in the playerbase. Even those, who "just want to play" some little hours a week to have a good time.

This leads to new skill gems, gear and the passive tree. Sure, new gems, gear and skills are nice and could potentially lead to more player diversity. But with GGG introducing them to an already bloated and hard to balance game it's more a "spiral of death", where even they can't keep track of all the possibilities the various combinations of gems/skills/gear can create. But some few players do have the time (GGG and their Dev teams most probably don't have) and take it to figure out these extremely powerful builds. Everytime. Every league. This will not stop if GGG introduces more and more possibilities to diverse with every single league.

After all I think cutting the game down so hard might have been just a "logical" step for GGG to get things under control again. PoE has wildly grown into a huge bloated piece of possibilities - where some few are extremely powerful and the majority is just "okay-ish".

But: Doing all these nerfs to the game and crippeling some core mechanics in this league really pissed off quite a few players - me including. Especially because it was done (at least what I can see) without adressing the needs and thoughts of the playerbase regarding quality of life features the game would really make shine (again).

What brings me to my conclusion (sorry for the lenghty post):
A games' loyal (and paying) playerbase that is heared and respected while developing new features is vital for a game to secure its future existence (and yes, I know there's PoE2 on the horizon). Therefore the playerbase should be treated with respect and transparency. It should be heared and included in the development of an ever-changing game. Maybe I should look again, but did I ever see any polls being carried out by Devs lately asking the playerbase for their opinions regarding problematic issues or changes in the game? For example: Poll what does the playerbase think about EXP penalty in Standard league?

Crippeling gameplay for almost the complete playerbase in order to try stopping a few overgrown players should not be the way to go - especially when at the same time more possibilities to overgrow again are pushed into the game.

I will not join into this league, even if this means I can not really contribute into the pros/cons of this leagues' changes and how they might get carried over to Standard league. But GGG really left me thinking about their way of developing the game further.

Maybe see you around in Standard league some time.

Best regards
Last edited by root_2 on Jul 25, 2021, 6:49:47 AM
A big thank you for the memories from me, and see you in another game. My characters are deleted. Please remove my account.
Last edited by aryosgr on Jul 25, 2021, 8:48:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info