What We're Working On

"
ennstnd wrote:
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
Sakanabi wrote:
People just need to adapt and it takes some time.

This. I agree 100% with Chris's vision and there is absolutely nothing wrong with picking up items. What could be improved is the number of stacks dropped in total from the expedition. Larger stacks but fewer of them would be a big improvement.

Let's pick up some beast traps and meta-samples again. Bring it back. Why not?
Wrong side dud

You're missing the point.
Why not set it up that an item filter auto-loots all items it would display then? It's just not that simple. Picking up items IS an integral part of the game and you should not dismiss it.

I did not in fact ask for other league mechanics to be reverted to bad states. Those mechanics are not the same as this one and should not be compared.
I like how they do mention the Launch numbers but don't mention the 2nd day numbers being mid league numbers from previous league, and compared to last league day to is 75% less players. When you have prominent players leaving kind of speaks for itself i think.
About immunities. Are they just 100% resist to a damage type? If so, why can't I bypass them by reducing the resistance?
3.13 is some of the most fun I've ever had playing PoE as well as the league I spent the most time playing. I really like to think the nerfs/changes will come back full circle to an amazing game (because I believe in GGG), but at the same time I'm very worried the PoE I've come to know and love is heading in an unsure direction.
"
Grinchoso wrote:
About immunities. Are they just 100% resist to a damage type? If so, why can't I bypass them by reducing the resistance?

Immunity is an unchangeable state of 100% resistance. It can't be reduced with resistance penetration or other stats. Maybe they will change that but I doubt it.
Either make nerfs and keep the die-hard players happy or revert to a 3.13 play style and keep the casual players happy (I'm very much in the latter camp). Or if you can, make versions/areas/content for both to keep everyone happy.

But 3.15 is a turd however you look at it, and the proposed changes are the equivalent of a squirt of air-freshener. You're just going to end up with a lemon-scented turd.

My time and money are more important to me than waiting for you to get your act together, so I'll check back next league in the hope the game will actually be fun and rewarding to play again.
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
Sakanabi wrote:
People just need to adapt and it takes some time.

This. I agree 100% with Chris's vision and there is absolutely nothing wrong with picking up items. What could be improved is the number of stacks dropped in total from the expedition. Larger stacks but fewer of them would be a big improvement.

For everyone complaining about ailments, curses and so on... you'll adapt. I've been playing without permanent ailment immunity for years and it has been much easier for me this league than for others. All I can say is that you will find ways to deal with the issues you're having eventually but it won't happen overnight.

Also, hopefully we can get new stats on items that improve ailment QoL in the future. I'd love to see this new freeze effect reduction as a new regular stat on gear for example, replacing 'filler' stats like stun recovery. These stats would make crafting a lot more interesting and provide a larger pool of powerful stats to aspire to in the mid game.

Guys, like you, just dont understand, that u r killing this game. Mb u want to make something new, but u r killing something, that working and beloved by a high amount of fans (check stats).

DO.YOUR.NERFS.IN.POE.2.

DONT.DO.THIS.IN.POE.

And we shall see, what game people would play in future...
Джи джи джи - баланс жи (с)
Last edited by gank3dprvl on Jul 26, 2021, 6:47:57 AM
I for one am really enjoying the patch! The league mechanic is great and for those that don't enjoy it, completely skippable. It seems really rewarding to me while leveling and I'm just about to Act 10.

Maybe my mind changes a bit in the end game but I doubt it.

The pace of the game seems much better now but I do wonder how I'll feel about it when I level a new character.
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
Sith90Lord wrote:
1 - Mana
Too all the idiots smugly telling people to "just grab a mana flask" or "just grab some mana leech" or "just use your brain": HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED A HERALD/SPELLSLINGER BUILD ???

The mana COSTS aren't that bad.
What's bad is the mana RESERVATION multiplier.
Mana trigger cost havent tested yet, but with the internal CD on CoC/CwC i have a feeling it will be rly bad.
Spellslinger has the worse of both world, both reservation AND trigger cost.

Like really ? Can you honestly, with a STRAIGHT face, say that these changes were playtested ?!?!?!?!?!

Also the deadly ailments 80% less hit dmg... good luck grabbing some mana leech for that one :)

2 - player nerf
I'm fine with a slower pace, actually i'm all FOR it. But what about the league mechanics with TIMERS ?!?!?! I'm guessing those were playtested too...
If you want slower gameplay, stop promoting fast gameplay through league mechanics (Incursion/Breach/Legion/Delirium).
With a ~50% player dmg nerf i would have expected at least a 50% increase in timers, if not more to account for the movement& mana nerfs as well.

3 - pickup pennies.
Imagine if Ritual league asked you to pick up tribute "splinters" :)

4 - flasks (yes i read the post - i know they are applying a bandaid on them - the point i'm trying to make is about playtesting)
Imagine stating you want to eliminate piano flask, and then nerf the effect and duration on ailment immunities. Where before you poped a flask and you were fine for the next ~6seconds, you now needed to pop a flask every fking second =))
OMFG "we playtested these changes" =))
Now couple the NEED to spam them more with the nerf to flask charges usage and generation. =))
Thank god you forgot about corrupted blood jewels.
And i also wonder who and how playtested the "new" Warding flasks.

Honestly, just delay next league by 1 month.
Take the time and legit play the game. LEGIT. Don't load up a dev environment to test singular changes here and there.
Just straight up play from level 1, experience the grind, experience trade, go for Sirus A9, Maven, Feared, 100% Delirious.
Try out the new gems and the nerfed ones (Fire Burst, Reaper, Absolution, etc) and give your honest feedback.

And stop blindly copying elements from D2. Let the past die. We have better technology now, we don't have to suffer just for the sake of nostalgia.

+1, I highly doubt that 3.15 changes were ever tested, also this league looks VERY boring and unrewarding...

playtesting..

Do u remember that guy that died during the expansion/poe2/league showcase stream?
"
To be transparent, the number is that 23% fewer players joined us at launch compared to our all-time record, and this is something we were prepared for.

In what way did you prepare for having at least 40,000 less players play this game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info