What We're Working On

shit
"
Achilion wrote:
i don't like 3.15 patch :(

Please bring back 3.13 patch :(
I think the actual problem here is trying to bring POE and POE2 in line which eachother because appearently they are two complete different games right now.

I do not really get the reason behind why POE2 couldnt just be a new standalone game instead of merging POE and POE2 together. I never heared that any other game was ever trying to do anything like that. Battlefield 4 wasn't really merged into BF3. Diablo3 was a new standalone game and the list goes on(Unless POE2 is just a marketing gag).

Why GGG just didnt take the opportunity to release POE2 as a standalone version, a true successor to POE, is beyond me. They could have started from scratch and implement their vision of the game, which appearently failed in POE over years and years and wasn't the direction they wanted it to go. Appearently players liked it taking rising player numbers into account. Anyway, people who like ZoomZoom would still play POE and the players who want a more hardcore way of playing would eventually switch over to POE2.

Could just have left the game in the state it is now until you release POE2 and everybody would have been happy.

Last edited by RaZeR1976 on Jul 26, 2021, 7:37:59 AM
The whole slowing-down logic is flawed to a certain level and it backfires big time.

1.Element Ailment
Not many people like to interact with the element ailment, lots of people even play those specific ascendencies to ignore those things. And others rely on flask pianoing to ignore those ailments.
It is never a fun mechanic, but people were silent since they had a way to ignore them, even if the way itself is pretty dumb(flask pianoing).

Imagine nerfing flask charge and the ailment immunity ascendency at the same time. You forced players to deal with an unfun mechanic, with something even worse than flask pianoing(1s immunity and much less charge). Who would ever think this is a good idea? Since when forcing players to use their limited resource(flask) to deal with an unlimited debuff(element ailment that from every monster and map mods) is a GOOD game design?
And how could this slow anything down, isn't it kind of an encouragement to play some ZHP build to just ignore everything and just give up on normal playing?
And even worse, there are no alternatives to ailment avoidance but to either play raider or hierophant and spend around 8 passives to allocate crystal skin or that another node. Or invest heavily in equipment to combat this annoying, unfun and outdated mechanics.
Or we have to play with those flasks and talking about flasks, oh boy....

2.flasks
Whoever thinks this whole flask nerf is wise and putting out a currency that's as rare as chaos orb that can grant playER a random semi-Marco effect will fix anything about flask should just leave his job position.
If a player has the currency to instilling-slam a flask to a proper working state, he is already in a good position which is not the most essential time to have a flask macro. And SSF players will not be able to use this function properly and have to suffer from still pianoing weak version of the flask for an even longer time.

And nerfing flasks to a not piano worthing state is not the best way to solve flask pianoing you know.

3.Mana Cost

The one who thought ADDING number to a MULTIPLIER is a good way to balance a game(or anything)should really reconsider their suitability with their job and trying to go to any community college or online class or even youtube/Wikipedia to learn a little more about math. Especially when those MULTIPLIERS are likely being POWERED more than 5 times. (6L or more)
This is something that is beyond me, anyone who slightly has some level of knowledge about math will know this is totally a horrible idea. And now I am just not sure that is one of the requirements that GGG put out when they recruited their statistic analyzer. (If they ever have done that)
This is a problem that people can find out from the manifesto but not GGG themselves. Why? Have they playtested any of this? And does this high school level math problem really need a playtest to see it is a horrible unthought-out idea? let alone released it and backfire tremendously.
I don't even mind being a playtester who pays GGG to play their unfinished day one game, I can handpick all those organs or these relics and enduring the pain, but this, this is the new low.

4.damage nerf
Since Chris, himself has stated that giving monster more HP is a bad game design, and I don't know if there is any difference between giving monster more HP and nerfing player damage since this is a PVE game, I have nothing more to say. But I think it's ok though, players need to be toned down a little but this is far from the best way to do it.

If this is the way POE is headed, POE2 looks worrisome at best.
Last edited by UkoCyanide on Jul 26, 2021, 8:18:32 AM
PoE 2nd time destroyed my RX570 drivers, when fix?
I like the changes to flasks, but i think you should seriously consider where you want ailment mitigation to be.

Before 3.15, you put freeze/ignite/bleed/poison immunity on flasks and were good to go. Now you have to invest multiple passive points into getting 70% avoidance (withought ascendancies).

Nerfing flasks is not the problem. Removing integral defensive layers from the players is. In the current state of the game, if you dont have bleed immunity, you die. If you dont have poison immunity, you die. If you dont have freeze immunity, you stand still for 2 seconds and die. Ofc you could try to outregen it, but that would need a very very tanky character to begin with.

Please, please, please consider either reworking ailment avoidance as a whole or adding more of it / spreading it on the tree. Giving like 5% to small health/evasion/armour/ES nodes and 10% to notables would be a place to start.
...Chief Arkhon of the Oriath Academy....
Last edited by DNKiraGG on Jul 26, 2021, 7:44:03 AM
Thanks!
1 second inmunity from flasks was too low but i feel like 4 is too high. Make it 2.5 pls :v
"
HigherDemon wrote:
i don't like 3.15 patch :(

Please bring back 3.13 patch :(
Thanks, these all sound like good changes. I wanted to congratulate the team also for the new skills, I'm having a great time playing boneshatter and building around stun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info