What We're Working On

"
"
A lot of players have tried to derive our player concurrency numbers based on the data shown for Steam users

They have not tried, they have succedded... Their numbers are pretty much the same as those anounced by you. Steam is a pretty good metric as it's a large and random pool of users.

"
this is something we were prepared for.

I'd love to see a similar announcement about player retention after a week. On launch day many people showed up and left immediately. Let's see if you'll announce those numbers.

"
We're really enjoying reading about your experiences playing with the recent changes.

I'm sure you had a good laugh.

What is the point of this post? You aren't saying anything of value, just "game bad" without even playing.
Well... I'm just here to tell GGG that i'm leaving too. My Chars are dead in standard (could run 5 delirium orbs red maps and now i barely survive random rare t16) and league is barely unplayable for casuals.

I started the game at the beginning of the pandemie, i spend a LOT of time and had a LOT of fun playing it since...now. (It was already diffcult enought for me)

I feel very sad because i really loved playing that game but it's now hyper-frustrating and i don't play a game to be frustrated.
Really sad.

In my opinion you should rework ALL the game mechanics for POE2 (Crafting, Diffculty balance, Loot, Atlas rework, etc...) but we all know that won't happen... So i'm not particularly confident in POE 2 but i will keep an eye on it... just in case.

Good luck for the future
Last edited by Ashes3416 on Jul 26, 2021, 4:07:50 PM
Super excited! Pog
Just like to say thanks GGG for the great game. Really do enjoy it and Don't deserve a lot of the toxic behavior coming towards you. I appreciate all the staff for the hard work they put into this game development.

The League in itself is pretty good, the major nerfs are not so good lol.

So far from watching streams and playing the game, Physical dmg doesn't seem like it got nerfed very much. Some of them are using 4-links and doing boat loads more dmg than someone with elemental dmg or chaos. Enemies now been immune to everything was a shock. It's not even a small margin, the dmg difference is quite insane. (I know there's always been a gap in dmg early, this is way more of a gap)

I have made it to tier 12 maps so far with about 14 watchstones and really struggling to want to keep pushing. I have tried to stick it out but this is quite an insane nerf.

Anyway Sending you all at GGG best wishes, stay safe and try not to get to many new grey hairs :)
With all the hate out there, I just want to say I am thoroughly enjoying this league! I like the league mechanic, and overall, I like the changes GGG made. Keep up the good work GGG!
"
"
"
A lot of players have tried to derive our player concurrency numbers based on the data shown for Steam users

They have not tried, they have succedded... Their numbers are pretty much the same as those anounced by you. Steam is a pretty good metric as it's a large and random pool of users.

"
this is something we were prepared for.

I'd love to see a similar announcement about player retention after a week. On launch day many people showed up and left immediately. Let's see if you'll announce those numbers.

"
We're really enjoying reading about your experiences playing with the recent changes.

I'm sure you had a good laugh.

What is the point of this post? You aren't saying anything of value, just "game bad" without even playing.

What is the point of this post? You aren't saying anything of value. Just post bad.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Ashes3416 wrote:
Well... I'm just here to tell GGG that i'm leaving too. My Chars are dead in standard (could run 5 delirium orbs red maps and now i barely survive random rare t16) and league is barely unplayable for casuals.

I started the game at the beginning of the pandemie, i spend a LOT of time and had a LOT of fun playing it since...now. (It was already diffcult enought for me)

I feel very sad because i really loved playing that game but it's now hyper-frustrating and i don't play a game to be frustrated.
Really sad.

In my opinion you should rework ALL the game mechanics for POE2 (Crafting, Diffculty balance, Loot, Atlas rework, etc...) but we all know that won't happen... So i'm not particularly confident in POE 2 but i will keep an eye on it... just in case.

Good luck for the future

Played for years at highest levels: Frustration is a major part of the "path of exile" deal, if players win they end up getting bored and leave at some point. We have some exception: Diablo 2, which was very easy and simple. A really Brilliant game.

POE is hard and very, very, time demanding, frustration is the goal: you are never satisfied and the few times you win you get addicted. Violent insta-shot are very good for that, along with big drops.

There is nothing new, this is psychology. Pain-Reward cycle, in Wikipedia. POE is going fully forward on this.

In some countries laws have been proposed to force 30 mn breaks in-between every 2 hours, as example. This is new, this could be a social issue, this is a niche too...

These people perfectly know what they are doing and we almost all fall in it. We can even love it.

If there's time to waste it's on several RPG like witcher, elder scroll, or fallout series. And some others.

Last edited by Universalis on Jul 26, 2021, 7:06:51 PM
Well this is a stupid attempt at placating the 40% or so that didn't quit the game already. It's obvious from what Chris has been saying that he gives zero shit about the community. He even told us that if we where not in his (15%) which we all know is more like top 5%. Well we can just wait and copy a streamers build at least that's Chris Wilson's version of PoE. Good solutions all around from GGG.

This is clearly a company that is only interested in their own vision of the game. I know that I'm not alone in feeling that playing a game. That makes you feel like it's a second job, isn't really all that fun. So yeah no thanks, that's not why the majority of us play this game.

So either revert the changes and get serious or you will lose more than half your playerbase. I'd like too see them telling us that they only care about 15% when there is a mass exodus from the game.
Last edited by FUGLilith on Jul 26, 2021, 4:40:05 PM
Honestly, for me the whole expedition league until now hasn't been nice to play at all. The flask changes are too impactful to the point where if feels too slow to play versus the mobs that are still fast af. The currencies for the league are really bad, filling half of your inventory in just a map, for the start of the league when there isn't many items to sell and you need to id them, it really gets in the way. And right now at 82 I haven't found any good reward from this league mechanic, the rerolls are rare, the gamble/deal npcs aren't good either. For me I think it's all for this league, gonna play another game. Still hope that the next league is gonna be better. If the devs really listened to the players they would do the complete opposite with this nerfs, quality of life means everything on a game like this, even though there is a way to automate flasks, it's rare and just like almost anything, its a gamble to set up.
"
The map mods that curse the player no longer apply the curses with increased effect.

Thank you so much! This was one of the roughest parts of the patch for me.

Keep up the great work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info