New Microtransaction: Starfall Wings

"
bustr wrote:
"
danhibiki wrote:
The frontpage is all mtx

You gotta please dem Investors by trying hard to get money before the game falls apart due to a blurred vision from a bald man.

GGG slowly becoming ActiBlizz like.

Okay, that part literally made me snort like a pug. I startled my coworker at the next desk. You have won one free internet, my friend.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
"
Yikes, I feel bad for the people that dared pay 480$ for orion supporter pack, really shows how low this company has stooped, anything to milk the players more, even I regret spending 300 euros on this game, can't imagine how other people feel.

*snip*

Just my opinion ofc, but speaking as someone who owns it, I'm happy as a pig in poo.

And that's pretty durned happy.
Personally, I don't mind that they're recycling previous supporter pack content for non-supporter mtx. It gives me hope they might rehash a few of the supporter, limited time and/or limited release microtransactions I have missed.
Last edited by Gruentod on Aug 4, 2021, 12:47:13 PM
Players: PoE is in shit state atm
GGG: we hear you, meanwhile get some mtx

Thanks Chris, your vision is gold, chief
Wow, and it's only 400 dollars! What a deal!
~ Seph
"
Gruentod wrote:
"
"
Yikes, I feel bad for the people that dared pay 480$ for orion supporter pack, really shows how low this company has stooped, anything to milk the players more, even I regret spending 300 euros on this game, can't imagine how other people feel.

*snip*

Just my opinion ofc, but speaking as someone who owns it, I'm happy as a pig in poo.

And that's pretty durned happy.

ha ha, it is indeed. I think they need to give us a dirty pig pet as well. ever since I got the twitch drop chicken the other day, I have been running with more mundane animals.

currently have my Eyrie Hawk out, annoying everyone in the hub with it's incessant squawking.

I love to have characters where I can customise everything just how I want it, and more options for a niche set is a really good thing for someone like me. it means there's a high chance I'll actually be able to have a full orion character at some point.

Just have to hope they do some nice skills in that effect as well (caustic arrow, toxic rain, mirage archer, flame dash and totem would be absolutely ideal, but know they're never going to do all of them) although I'm content using my celestial caustic arrow and lotus toxic rain with most things. It's actually beneficial to have your attacks stand out, so having everything the same effect isn't the best for gameplay.

Also much like how when you paint miniatures, a bit of contrast can go a long way (I usually add this with my aura effects, like you do with the base on a miniature)

Still it nice to have more options, and always having stuff that matches is what you want to a certain degree.

With Orion I felt that I had to run it with celestial character effect in order to change it up enough to match stuff I had.

I didn't feel anything in the shop really went that well with it neither (from a glance at least) so if they're making an effect that looks a lot like Orion, chances are the options to run this set more is going to be way more appealing.

PS: it does looks great with the celestial character though, I just don't have an aura effect I'm happy with for it yet, without having to add more colours into the mix (I used to love the celestial aura, but I never use it any more as I have went off big orbs, they make me feel motion sick. this is why I never use void emperor character effect any more neither. I can deal with smaller orbs, but the big ones have started to become a problem for me)
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Aug 4, 2021, 3:32:00 PM
"
currently have my Eyrie Hawk out, annoying everyone in the hub with it's incessant squawking.

i do that in my hideout :3

back to topic...

what we see here, is a pair of wings, that desperately tries to fit a white armor... and they fail.
and this unfortunately applies (especially) to the orion pack as well, since it has no red tint to it whatsoever.

what the wings and the weapon effect do well tho, is blending in with the portal effect from orion.
maybe because it is the exact same animated texture, that was applied to the nightfall wings...

looking forward to the release of the slightly more red orion armor set release... /s

just to make clear, rehashing and expanding existing STORE themes, is fine.
but it should be store items only, not supporter packs...
sunprism is already a questionable thing, but since there is not sunprism armor or anything that conflicts with the empyrean pack, i can perfectly fine accept it as an addition, with a grain of salt tho.
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Aug 4, 2021, 4:38:15 PM
"
Gruentod wrote:
It gives me hope they might rehash a few of the supporter, limited time and/or limited release microtransactions I have missed.

and is a huge kick in the balls to those who did not miss out on them...
i would be more okay with that idea, if it wasnt the highest tier of the core supporter pack... but since we're talking about the highest tier core supporter pack here, this is shady to say the least, and a kick in the balls to those who bought the orion bundle

Last edited by SquareCubiC on Aug 4, 2021, 4:30:39 PM
What an overpriced recolor
nice
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info