3.2.1 Patch Notes

This patch doesn't really address much if any of the main complaints about the league. Unless it's the typical GGG thing where they will tweak and change things and not tell the players.
"
Damoochie wrote:

While I find Bestiary league overall to be the least enjoyable league since I can remember, I am glad they choose to attempt improvement rather than digging their heels in to basically say "deal with it". You can't ignore such widespread criticism without looking like asses.

Upping net throw speed and 'intelligent' targeting of rarer beasts sounds extremely useful and I'm most looking forward to this change.

I feel you though. The initial design, implementation and play testing of Bestiary was severely lacking in scope regarding end game and/or party play.

Thanks for the level-headed reply to my ranty post. I don't think that a "hunting" league is a bad idea in general, but with all the recent patches the actual fights became a total sideshow. At this point I can just go full speed throwing auto-target nets left and right without worrying to ever miss a mob. You now engage in these encounters for crafting reasons only, not because of a challenging and fun mechanic.

We have 3 different ways of crafting by now besides the regular one, Master + Essence + Beastiary. So if I don't have all the possible combinations memorized I have to go through pages over pages of information just to see how I can get what I'm actually looking for. I'd much rather see all this getting merged into one accessible crafting interface that lays out all the stuff before you. Let's not pretend PoE is still this rough and grungy game where you have to dig everything up from the dirt. It's long gone mainstream by now with so many QoL improvements over the years (just think stash tabs), there's really no reason for crafting to be this cluttered.

With that being said, I would like future leagues to put the focus on hard encounters again and not just being a thinly disguise for another mechanic that could have been easily added alongside of it (looking at you Prophecy!). I'm probably the minority, but I really liked Invasion/Beyond/Warbands, those were leagues you actually feared for your char. Beastiary does nothing in this regard, which is a shame considering these are called "challenge leagues".
Good job, as always... but:

"
Adding a beast to your Menagerie this way does not grant progress towards the "Complete the Bestiary" challenge.

God... why?
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 15, 2018, 7:05:00 AM
Well DONE :D
"
dreggich wrote:
Good job, Team!!

Agree
♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫

1. There's not nearly enough beasts to even call it a league. And I mean - by a huge margin, they're just not there.

2. The rewards are still crap. No immediate rewards, no progressive rewards, beast crafting is like turning a set of worthless divination cards, except you can die in the process.

PoE is still a great game, but until those 2 points are vastly improved, there's no league, it's just standard with a guy making beast protein shakes popping out sometimes.
All these fixes for a league that does not exist once you hit maps seem rather pointless.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
Dex8172 wrote:
"
After capturing a Beast, if you only have room in your Menagerie for one more of that genus, then a message warns you that you're running out of space.

Perfect next patch line would have been:

"
Added an option to delete beasts from Menagerie.

My Menagerie is filled with so many white and blue beasts I captured while leveling that I'd love to release/delete all of them. Also I have plenty of Spirits od Aidan/Nadia that are useless for crafting. This option would make Bestiary page much less cluttered and much more useful.

Most importantly, somehow you forgot to include this line:

"
Doubled the spawn rate of legendary beasts.

I almost wrote "tripled", but a sense of reality kicked in. Maybe in some other universe, with alternate GGG. :D

Tripling wouldn't be enough. You shouldn't forget that they had to directly and indirectly buff lich spawn rates in abyss effectively by 600%.
"
Einhar's capture dialogue no longer plays 100% of the time.

RIP "you are captured, stupid beast"
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Did you fix Legendaries from being shattered?
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info