Data about how Beastcrafting is being used

"
We're very pleased with the high engagement with Beastcrafting. It was a risky system because of the difficulty pricing stuff, so was sure to disrupt the economy. So far, people are using it pretty heavily and we expect this to continue throughout the league as we add more recipes over time.

I appreciate GGG for making a great game that I've played for 3 leagues now, but them patting themselves on the back this time seems a bit delusional. Bestiary League is about as convoluted as they come and has had more than its fair share of problems.

I feel like they should be trying to consolidate everything and remove the fluff recipes instead of trying to add more. I wonder how many people actually appreciate the Levelling recipes and not vendor the item they get on sight.

Meanwhile, I'm still worried if I'm ever going to encounter the 4 portal beasts before the league ends. I never found a 2 socket Abyss unique last league despite playing from start to finish and had to buy one for 40/40.
Last edited by Hanarae on Mar 16, 2018, 4:47:40 AM
"
Bhaladas wrote:
Buff the portal to the beasts.

This is worse than Harbinger for accessing the unique encounter of the league.

what? in harb we were doing rotas, because the map was so common
Crafting using currency orbs is perfection, masters crafing is ok, but essences is too much for me (just selling these), beasts crafting is way too mucho crafting for me - boooooring, bleh...

Me like to kill stuff, build up my character to kill more stuff more quickly, and i like RNGesus. I like lab as an option and bosses.

Let me focus on killing stuff plz - countless waves of mobs and a lot of explosions it's what gives me a boner - no more crafting plz - i have enough spreadsheets at my work to look at.
Last edited by jarru on Mar 16, 2018, 5:42:10 AM
"

TL;DR: Crafting is more end game, not many people have had a chance to dive deep into it.

Not with such useless recipe. Noone will us ebasts for end game crafting, using essences and alternation spam will always be way way better. Beastcrafting was usefull in 1st day of the league, thats all.
I really like the beastcrafting system. It's an interesting addition to the endgame but I think it needs some more possibilities. with more recipies / other monsters it would be a great addition to the normal game.
PLEASE , DO A NEW LEAGUE ASAP !!! I HATE THIS ONE ! THE WORST LEAGUE OF ALL !
41,361 portals have been opened to the Spirit Realm, with the following breakdown:
Saqawal's Roost: 22,136
Craiceann's Cove: 12,785
Fenumus' Lair: 5,025
Farrul's Den: 1,415

If you can capture the Spirit Beast in these fights, you can craft its Aspect onto an item. So far this has been done 3,180 times:
Aspect of the Avian: 1,984
Aspect of the Crab: 849
Aspect of the Spider: 224
Aspect of the Cat: 123

Don't get me wrong i'll play what ever u throw at us cus i love this game. If you're talking about MILLIONS of players and the "core encounter of the league / mechanics" if i may say, is 41.3k/3.1K then it's clearly INSANELY LOW, come on it's clear that most players don't even know what the encounters look like and can't even test the new items. You must increase ASAP the ratings trading won't change anything.
"
japaloco wrote:
41,361 portals have been opened to the Spirit Realm, with the following breakdown:
Saqawal's Roost: 22,136
Craiceann's Cove: 12,785
Fenumus' Lair: 5,025
Farrul's Den: 1,415

If you can capture the Spirit Beast in these fights, you can craft its Aspect onto an item. So far this has been done 3,180 times:
Aspect of the Avian: 1,984
Aspect of the Crab: 849
Aspect of the Spider: 224
Aspect of the Cat: 123

Don't get me wrong i'll play what ever u throw at us cus i love this game. If you're talking about MILLIONS of players and the "core encounter of the league / mechanics" if i may say, is 41.3k/3.1K then it's clearly INSANELY LOW, come on it's clear that most players don't even know what the encounters look like and can't even test the new items. You must increase ASAP the ratings trading won't change anything.

It´s just like with Lich or Harbinger, the content is played by a tiny fraction of players, while the majority will never be able to experience it, as they do not trade or play solo.

I had such high hopes for this league, it was a league for SSF and now it´s clearly turned into another trade league. They should have never allowed beast trading, it has completely screwed the spawn rates of beasts.

Red beasts are as rare as an exalt or mirror drop, this is just not a good way if you gate content behind RNG.

We want to kill stuff GGG, please let us capture more beasts. There is no fun trading beasts, we want to play this game as an ARPG and not a trade simulator. Please, understand this!
"
Chris wrote:
I want to be transparent about our intentions here:

I am not talking about making Legendary Beasts themselves more common. The recipes that they are used for are intentionally designed to be one-per-five areas.

Expect a news post on Monday NZ time with more information.

Chris, you are a nice guy, but I have to wonder where you guys have gathered the data from, that those legendary beasts with the good stuff, would actually appear on every fifth map we play.

From my own data, I have found one spider crab and not a single other "portal beast". I have yet to find a six link recipe, yet have to find the gem recipe and many more. I don´t even have the "unique mace" or other low tier recipes.

My most valuable beast is the spider crab, so I found one of your each fifth map type of beasts and I did more than a hundred maps so far. I find Breaches and Abyss all the time, but no red beasts and if I do, then they are just for crafting a rare item.

Something about your internal data seems fishy, or have I misunderstood you?
Interesting stats, now if only necromancy nets would actually drop, like ever :D

Lol at some guy saying that rare beasts are as rare as an exalt/mirror drop... i get several rares per map usually, sometimes there's 0 and sometimes there's 1 every other map and i get a legendary one like once per 5 maps easy... if anything, they're too common.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 16, 2018, 6:49:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info