What We're Working On

"
We are keeping a close eye on other feedback, especially about the drop rates of things like Maps and Shaper Memory Fragments

Are you..? If so, why is it still not being fixed?
Ok GGG theres something you need to understand...

"
This patch focuses on increasing the challenge and reward of "yellow" Beasts (the ones that occur roughly once per map and have a single Bestiary mod) so that they feel closer to the intentionally-rare "red" Legendary ones. We do not plan to make the "red" ones more common because they are already an overwhelming source of good items, but by making the "yellow" ones much better, we can achieve a similar effect in a better way.

the red ones are a source of good items? You mean they drop a lot of rares? You obviously dont mean via alters because youre not giving people more legendary beasts or making the yellows have the same alter rewards as legendary, so you must mean the items they drop from what I can tell.

Its true red beasts drop a lot of rare items. Heres what you dont get: no one gives a shit about rare items.

Most people dont even pick them up. I pick them up, and id them, and then vendor them, virtually every simgle one. I could run 80% quant + 30% rarity maps with a 130% quantity + 250% rarity magic find character, I could run 100 maps like in a row on that magic finder, identify every single rare item that drops and vendor literally EVERY SINGLE ONE. I wouldnt expect to find a single rare item I would bother keeping unless it was first week or 2 of a league.

Now youre talking about the rare item drops from 1 single mob being rewarding?

But people loved breach and abyss, and those dropped a lot of items, and people are saying this league doesnt drop items like breach and abyss so were making them drop more items, we dont get it....

yeah you obviously dont get it. Breaches drop currency, 6 sockets, maps and divination cards. Thats what people care about, thats what people actually pick up. When they say breach is amazing it drops a ton of stuff, theyre not talking about the rares that they leave on the ground.

Rare items are not a reward, no one cares, thats why people say bosses arnt rewarding. Bosses drop a ton of rare items, and people say bosses are not rewarding at all, because theyre not. So making the yellow beasts drop a ton of rares like bosses, that people think have no rewards, is not making them more rewarding.

Youre locked in the mindset of the game you think you have made, you dont understand the actual game we are seeing when we play the game. On paper maybe you think rare items are a reward, theyre not, this among many other things you should probably take some time to get your head around from the perspective of people who actually play the game. PoE is not what you intended it to be, it is what we are playing day by day, whatever you were intending obviously failed and theres now a reality that is nothing like what you thought you had made, and if you keep trying to develop wrongly thinking that you succeeded with your designs they will just keep failing.

I dont think anyone in maps once the league has properly got going like this is looking at 6 rare items on the floor and feeling rewarded, half the players probably dont even see them because its considered useless junk that should be filtered out of existence. Rare items youre expecting to pick up 400 of them and end up with 1 item that sells for a chaos orb, a breach will directly drop maybe 10+ bits of currency and perhaps 1-3 of those will be a chaos orb type value orb. So whats your plans here, to make the yellow beasts drop an additional 4 rare items on average? If this is what youve got on paper and you think its increasing the rewards then you really need to rethink your paper game, massively.
As the league has moved on I've enjoyed it much more. It started out on a rough foot for someone who really played because he wanted to interact with the new mechanics, but I've gradually just accepted the smaller (and sometimes bigger) issues and just enjoyed the new ascendencies and few beastcrafts now and then.

The whole thing still feels a bit off in many ways and there are slight QoL here and there that would be wonderful but in the end, all of these things can be done with some kind of overlays or websites to help (poecraft.com/bestiary has been a HUGE help, now just waiting for poe.ninja to add in some beasts!)

Really really looking forward to the yellow mods being buffed, I still think that just catching regular rares is a pain, often enough I toss out a net into a group with a rare and still catch a white but it's not as bad as it was before this last patch. One of my biggest problems is going back to craft at end of my session and all I have are beastmod beasts because that's all I could realistically catch, neither of my builds are 'super speedclear offscreen LMAO sonic' builds, and I always stop when I see the icon a screen away and slowly approach, but it just doesn't always work as I'm not a tank, for regular rares of course this is even worse. Necros just aren't worth using on the majority of the yellow-beaks that I kill too fast, here's hoping an HP buff comes their way and this isn't as big of a problem soon.

Can't wait for next league really hoping the start is smoother than this one. I do intend to play thewhole league through though, the ascendencies alone will certainly make it fun I think.
Last edited by Penetros on Mar 21, 2018, 3:05:41 AM
So in my latest reply to a patch some days back i was whining that for me a problem with new league everytime was the ''play or feel left out'' vs ''use the gear you farmed on standard for builds you wanna try'' and i mentioned an example of a unique mechanic in blightwell. Now i read this post where recipes for unique talismans are announced. Coincidence or not; thats good change.

This league will prolly get added to core just the way it is now; since it occurs as much as breaches, abysses and other stuff and needs to do so in order to be able to grant awards, but not too many.

Inventory is too small for AND currency (plus now nets) AND items, so I might buy a quad inventory backpack soon.

Good and responsive team at GGG, and the best apology of a free to pay game developer i've seen (been playing since torment). Not sure if you owed it to us, but nice nonetheless.
bestiary didn't give me loot showers and mass fights like previous league's content but that's ok, didn't hinder my progression too much and i'm likely not ending the league any poorer.

the issue seems different for alot of people which want to end up a league with 4 characters and hundreds of exalts (although 2 drop per player on average), they only seem to play the game for the late endgame content which i will never get to anyway. which is ok too.

alot of art work and underlying tech went into bestiary which probably eat alot of development time. i especially like that fighting rares in bestiary got more meaningful and the chance to fill my prophecies, get a random unique or talisman is enough to level a char to 90 and play all day a little.

the issue the game has is saturation, player's expectations on rewards raise each league, you pumped out so much mtx (for free) that having no mtx could be the new fashion hit and jewels + shaper/elder items being op narrowed the available design space for items even more so it's difficult to have additional stuff that doesn't trivialise the game.

---

and i wonder when you eventually recognise that reddit just drives you for the lulz, it's like 4chan, an memeing, anonymous group that wants to feel powerful/meaningful, their intention is mostly selfish, not for the longeivity of the game.

it's not good for the game if they pester the minds of those who are trapped in the groupthink and so can't form their own opinions and get theirs from streamers and "reddit heros".

maybe it's too late to opt out of that mess anyway or i'm too old to grasp that advertisement concept, i even see streamers as a very dangerous advertisement means cause it's all good and shiny only as long as they play your game. i would rather try to train my playerbase to have their own opinion.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Congratz for your hard working and keep it up ! I love this game so much ! :D
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Youre locked in the mindset of the game you think you have made, you dont understand the actual game we are seeing when we play the game. On paper maybe you think rare items are a reward, theyre not

how many players are ignoring rare items? 1/100? 2/100?

i do ident most of the good rares bases on every item level. despite playing since 2012.

but i also have my own loot filter and don't follow the reddit meta which tells me how to play the game.

is it possible that your perspective is a bit off? when i look on poe.trade there is a massive amount of rare items, so someone else also likes to identify them cause it's not me selling them. and i sell alot of them in every league.

if i wanted to keep my market for rare items i would also advise other players to not pick them up. i would even provide loot filters that hide them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 21, 2018, 3:18:35 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Remember charms in D2 and how much people hated them even though everyone used them? It's like that. Quit it.

Oh my God, I remember those. Hilarious and apt analogy, my good man. Well done.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Atlantae wrote:
Instead of adding more half-baked content into the game, could we get updates and reworks to old mechanics? Maybe new Bloodlines mods, new Nemesis mods, New prophecies, reworking old skills and stuff like that? There's just so much already included in the game that I feel like we could go one league without getting new shit to do on top of all the older shit we were just introduced to.

Seconded. Content bloat has strangled many a game before this one.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
breach 2.0 is coming bois
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info