PoE's ultimate issue is the Beta never stopped

literally every online game has balance changes o.O
bruh have you actually played during beta?
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
bruh have you actually played during beta?

Since closed and open beta. Anything else? If you have nothing constructive to contribute then keep it moving.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
PoE's league system means that the game is constantly changing and evolving, and as such, is going to constantly require 'balance'.

It sounds like OP wants a game that's "done" with only minor changes from time to time. That game exists; it's Diablo 3.
No.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Without constant changes the game would have died long ago. It is the bread and butter for PoE. Yes, people will always be angry if their fav skill gets nerfed/changed. That's just how it is. However for each person mad there are multiple people that gets interested in the "next" skill and then the next one. And so turns the wheel :)
"
arknath wrote:
Without constant changes the game would have died long ago. It is the bread and butter for PoE. Yes, people will always be angry if their fav skill gets nerfed/changed. That's just how it is. However for each person mad there are multiple people that gets interested in the "next" skill and then the next one. And so turns the wheel :)

Agree completely. If this game ever stopped changing it would be dead. Especially a game that relies on MTX purchases to be profitable. Has t stay fresh. Unfortunately that causes some issues. Just how it is.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
As others have said; this game would be a has-been if it wasn't for the continuing changes, META-shifts and progressive attitude. People need "new". They need "different". They need "twists" to keep their interest for soon-to-be 10 years.

I don't really see the problem here. PoE was "always" designed this way; to be played forever.... Each league tries to bring something "new, different and exciting" to the table, and A LOT of people will keep on playing it, until - you know, somthing "new, different, exciting and better" comes out.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
At this point if they made the performance 50% better I would take that.

Even games like BDO on remastered settings run smoother.
Last edited by poeGT on Jul 5, 2021, 3:51:24 AM
Its kinda funny I totally agree with the title, but completely disagree with OP's actual post after that title.

Change is good for the game and its great to have to learn and adapt, however the flipside is the quality is constantly poor and this is the beta element I have issue with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info