Game Mechanics Q&A

I am a huge fan of challenges and this is the reason why I played POE. But with the recent trialmaster conditional challenge, which is so rng dependent, it really turns me off and forced me to stop playing, it isn't fun. Please let us know the design philosophy behind creating challenges.

1. Why are some challenges designed in such a way that only certain builds can complete instead of generic ones. (referring to minions build where the minions killed off the boss even the challenges could be done)

2. The dependent of rng elements of certain challenges instead of a fixed outcome or number. (example spawning of trailmaster)
Once upon a time, there were three little pigs who lived happily ever after. The End.
Are there plans to finally improve the guild stash? Control-click to add/remove items, ability to buy currency/unique/etc tabs for it, ability to drag tabs to resort? I think I emailed this question to GGG about 3 years ago now and was told then that you don't answer questions about future plans :/
How do player auras (for example: Zealotry) interact with skills used by traps/mines?

There appears to be a delay after a trap/mine triggers/detonates before the skill is fully 'affected' by the aura. This bug demonstrates the effect but how do trap/mine skills interact with player Auras to create this effect (for example: instead of just always being affected by the aura)?

I figure there might be some interesting mechanical reasons behind the scenes.
How is the amount of items dropped by a given monster determined? Where does increased item quantity fit into that equation? I would absolutely love a rundown of your drop generation algorithm.
Last edited by Vedgy on May 6, 2021, 8:45:52 PM
Some of the Call of Steel variants have this line:

"Call of Steel causes (40-50)% increased Reflected Damage"

My understanding of impale damage is that, once stored, it is not modifiable by your damage stats, yet clearly this is an exception. With that in mind, what is this "increased Reflected Damage" additive with?
Why was Vaal Double Strike skipped over for upgrading in 3.14?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on May 6, 2021, 8:47:53 PM
If you have #% chance to deal double damage while focussed modifier on a weapon which is in your weapon swap, do you get the double damage chance if I focus before switching to my other weapon, or do I have to first weapon swap, then focus?

When using ball lightning let's say, if I cast a bunch of balls, then focus while some of my balls are still floating, do all of my balls get the % chance of double damage, or only those which I cast afterwards? The question is, is the damage of skills determined right after you cast them and they cannot be modified while still in effect, or can they be modified?
Indigon Life recovery=Mana Flask Base Recovery*Flask effect*Mana Recovery from Flasks*Global LIFE Recovery Rate

Flask Life Recovery Rate,Global Mana Recovery Rate and Flask Mana Recovery Rate do nothing in Life part.

Correct?
EDIT: misunderstood the post and posted something irrelevant;

BUFF SPECTRAL THROW
BUFF SPECTRAL THROW
Last edited by turtlex3 on May 6, 2021, 8:51:33 PM
Any plans to clear up physical modifiers and how they work on weapons. Whenever a new friend plays PoE and I explain it they never understand and weeks later "it's just a GGG thing that makes no sense unless you know". Obliteration unique wand is a case study in confusion for what it actually does for your casts. After two sessions of explaining it my friend proudly links me his 30% quality upgrade for me to again explain that does nothing. The crit does nothing the physical does nothing, yes its still BiS.

craftofexile.com being mandatory for any crafting from maps onwards, good problem to have? I like the itemization in PoE I don't like that PoE makes little effort to explain it. Potentially this the world we live in where you make a complex game its always better for 3rd parties to explain it for free.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info