Game Mechanics Q&A

What is the distance between the 3 (or 5 with awakened version) spell cascade targeting locations, and is this distance affected by modifiers to area of effect?

For the following skills, what are the base radii of their damaging area of effects (ie a single Storm Burst orb explosion). What is the shape and size of the area that those damaging area of effects are targeted in, how does the skill choose where to target within that area (is it uniformly distributed, or something else?), and is that area affected by modifiers to area of effect?

* Storm Burst
* Winter Orb (especially with regards to multiple projectiles)
* Blazing Salvo
* Cremation
* Blade Blast
* Bladefall (and the location of its lingering blades)
* Blast Rain
* Pyroclast Mine
* Lightning Spire Trap
* Glacial Cascade
* Kinetic Blast
* Rain of Arrows

I know I'm asking for a lot here so if you just want answer the more esoteric ones (and maybe give base radius values for them all) that would be awesome. Thanks for your time.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 6, 2021, 7:53:43 PM
Why do the players have to hunt down information put on the wiki from data mining websites to see simple mechanics like item level assocaited with item mods.
When do you add global searches for all stash tabs?

E.g.: When I search for my praxis rings. I want to use a global search bar. There I write "praxis" and then a list should appear with direct links to each stash tabs.
I know there is a possibility to connect with api, request the data and programm another thirdparty tool to visualize it. But there should not be the need to use even more third party tools in poe.
Question about Delirium:

If you put some delirium orbs on a map; then one of the descriptions reads ; "players are x% delirious".

I'm still lost on that; what does it mean? Is it a debuff, just an indication how many orbs have been put on the map or something else entirely?

Would love some clarification; thanks in advance.
Does dodge reset evasion entropy?
What is "recouped" mechanic? Do you regenerate live when you got hit or you heal a flat amount based of the damage taken?
What are the specific steps the game goes through when it rolls the explicit mods on a non-unique item? Specifically, does it determine the number of prefixes and suffixes first?

Are prefixes and suffixes even independently rolled for? Or does it decide upon the number of total affixes up to a maximum of 6 and roll for the prefix/suffix together? Or does the game not determine the number of affixes at all beforehand and just straight up roll each mod independently?

Are specific mods rolled sequentially or simultaneously? If simultaneously, what happens when it happens to pick two mods what would block each other, either because they share the same ModGroup (i.e. different tiers of the same mod), or because of conflicting TagsKeys (i.e. on Cobalt Jewel, #% increased Cast Speed while holding a Shield would block out most of the while Dual Wielding and while wielding a Staff from different ModGroups)?

However I do notice that such combinations are possible on corrupted jewels, is vaal orb/corruption a special case? On that topic, do all crafting methods share the same underlying behavior unless otherwise specified? Or does a chaos orb orb roll for mods in different steps than say, an exalted orb?

Thank you for your time. I understand some of these questions are already well-speculated upon by the community (i.e. craftofexile.com), but I think it would be nice to have an official response to reference on. Please excuse me if any of the behaviors I described is wrong or no longer correct.
Last edited by LtYdroxoos on May 6, 2021, 8:34:04 PM
"
widardd wrote:
Why does "Worthy Foe" work with totems but "Noxious Strike" doesn't?

Because your totems inherit your stats.
This means that your totems apply the 20% increased damage as well as you when they taunt, and they apply the cannot attack. The "you" in worthy foe is missleading, since worthy foe is a stat inherited by totems, you does in fact apply to the totem itself when he's checking his own stats.
To keep things simple, in the game, worthy foe is a stat, and your totems inherits it.

Noxious strike modifies your poison duration stat when you do something.
The totem may have the stacking stat too, but this is irrelevent, because your totem poison, not YOU. Since the totem inherits the PLAYER'S stats, and THE PLAYER has not poisonned recently, the poison duration stat the totem actually uses mostly won't count noxious strike.
Please explain all the different leech mechanics for dummies (i.e., in an easy to understand way). I'm asking for a friend.
Last edited by Nicksiren on May 6, 2021, 8:07:02 PM
Hello, how can I do Uber Elder afk like Phoenix did?

Buff Unyielding + the mini node pls from Juggernaut Ascendancy, its pretty useless for RF builds imo.

Instead of 20% Stun Duration, maybe just put 0,5% reg and on the big node something like: 10% chaos res or something thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info