Game Mechanics Q&A

How exactly does Strength of Blood interact with Life Recovery Rate modifiers? The wording on the keystone is ambiguous enough to suggest that something like Tasalio, Cleansing Water would affect it (granting more damage reduction) but actually testing something like this as a player is incredibly difficult.

I've seen this question asked before, but it was never given an answer.
Does Life Recovery Rate benefit energy shield regeneration granted by Zealot's Oath?

Does Life Recovery Rate benefit The Agnostic's life restoration? And if it does, does it affect the mana sacrificed?

What level are totems/minions/etc? I know it's based on gem level, but is there a table or something to consult? Like gem level 21 = level 75 totem, or something like that?
Украина в моём сердце
Do loot seeds exist? If so, why?
Why does damage over time DPS have a cap at 35M and when will this be fixed?
I play builds that guarantee to be destroyed in 4 months.
why worm from the flask does not generate sentinel of purity on death?
Oni goroshi buff apply to spells with battlemage?
Hi, I have a couple of questions about chain hook.

1. On the part where you send out a chain to latch to an enemy, can the speed by increased by %increased attack speed?

2. On the part where your chain has already connected, and you are travelling with the chain to the mob, will you travel faster if you have more movement speed?

3. If your chain misses, is there anything that can effect the recovery (time the chain comes back to you and before you send a new one).

4. Is it possible to increase the chain latch radius (where it searches for mobs to connect the chain to) with %increased aoe?

5. Comparing throwing a chain to a distant mob vs a close mob, does the whole sequence (throw chain - connect - travel - hit) take more time vs the distant mob? Is the time always constant?

6. When the chain connects with a mob, it looks like there is a small effect that happens immediately, and the mob is stunned for a very small duration. Is this correct? Does this count as a melee hit (for example for gaining fortify during travelling to the mob)?

8. What is the angle of the hit (front cone and back cone) from chain hook?

9. Does %increased aoe increase the angle of the hit? (make it closer to full circle)

10. The front hit gains more area with +rage and %inc area of effect. Is the back area also effected by this?

11. If you click very close to the character, it will always perform chain hook melee attack immediately (without using the chain). What is the maximum radius around the character where it will not send a chain like this, and can it be effected (increased / less aoe?) . Is there any difference with using the setting "always attack without moving"?

Thank you very much, chain hook is fun to play. I would like to understand which stats are important for me to make the chain hook perform more smoothly.

"
FunRoom wrote:
Why does damage over time DPS have a cap at 35M and when will this be fixed?

Oh, I actually know part of this one.

Internally, DoTs and regeneration effects are stored as damage per minute so that you can have fractional values of damage/healing per second. When you hit 35M, that's ~2100M damage per minute - which is, iirc, the most you can store in a signed integer, so it breaks the program.

As for when they'll fix it, lol idk.

And for my question: What, exactly, is A9 Sirus's ailment threshold, and what are the equations for working out alternate ailment effects (Sap, Scorch, and Brittle)?
What are the formulae for the alternate ailments: Brittle, Sap and Scorch?

How long does an Aura effect from a Mine linger for after detonating?

Can Minions hit Player Hydrospheres, specifically with melee strike arcs?

What is the radius of Punishment's overkill explosion and is this scaled by Area of Effect of Curses, the +radius on the gem itself, or just generic area of effect?

Do poisons caused by monsters and minions do the same 20% of contributing damage per second as player poisons? (I have been told it may be 10%).

Some question about armour mechanics:
1) Does armour applies to physical damage over time like bleed?
2) Does pure phys damage reduction affects any phys dot debuffs?
3) "20% of Melee Physical Damage taken reflected to Attacker" mod from basalt flask reflect damage before or after player damage mitigation?
4) Aegis Aurora unique mod "Replenishes Energy Shield by 2% of Armour when you Block" and rare shield mod "Recover % of Life/Mana/ES when you Block" are these mods affected by "Less Recovery" map mod?
Hi! I have questions about Rain of arrows. The gem states that half of the arrows will focus on a single target, but how does that work exactly?

- Are all the arrows separate hits? If yes, do they all roll separately for hits and crits?
- Is there a delay between each arrow hits? From using the skill, the arrows don't seem to land at the same time. Is this delay a constant value (if yes, please give an exact milliseconds number), and is it affected by duration modifiers? I'm asking this because of cast on critical strikes, i'm wondering if one rain of arrow volley can trigger cast on crit multiple times (assuming the delay is long enough for cast on crit's cooldown)
- We know the initial delay (between using the skill and the first arrow hit) is affected by attack speed AND by arrow speed. Can you give more details on this? Are both stats additive together? Meanin that with 50% increase attack speed and 50% increased arrow speed, the initial delay will be twice as short?
Last edited by Pyromancer4 on May 6, 2021, 10:22:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info