Game Mechanics Q&A

Hi, i don't saw this in notes, hence I'm asking, has this change to corrupted blood mechanic in 3.14 :

"
"The Corrupted Blood debuff has been updated. It now has a maximum stack size of 10 and is now consistently treated as being completely separate from Bleeding. Various Bleeding-specific modifiers that may have previously applied to Corrupted Blood will no longer apply. Modifiers that affect both Bleeding and Corrupted Blood such as the "of Staunching" modifier on Flasks have had their descriptions updated to reflect this change."

reverted or annulled this one introduced in 6.x :
"

The "Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence" modifier found on Watcher's Eye unique jewels now prevents Corrupting Blood from affecting you.

Because it seems that still works in some places (Sirus fight) but not with some nemesis or bloodline mods, at least I'm being affected by corrupted blood with a watcher's with that affix equipped.

Last edited by cibelina on May 9, 2021, 10:08:54 AM
will having more than 100% bleed chance on attack apply more than 1 stack of bleed assuming i have crimson dance?
How do "lose" effects work with interrupted by damage mechanics?

For example, if I use frost shield, I lose energy shield. Would that interrupt ES regen? Lets say my main skill is on life tap, I have Eldritch battery, could I be constantly recharging while losing ES from frost shield?
In the item Chains of Command it says

10% chance to Trigger Level 18 Animate Guardian's Weapon when Animated Weapon Kills an Enemy

Then later it says

You cannot have non-Animated Minions

So you can summon dancing dervishes with this unique chest piece. Sadly kills by your dervishes, which are an animated weapon, don't trigger Level 18 Animate Guardian's Weapon.

Why does this work this way? Is it to make the two items work badly together?
Agnostic + Life Reservation

I don't understand why you can't have life res with agnostic. Some have replied to my comments saying that it'd be too op, or that's not how it works. Poor arguments.

Agnostic gives me an advantage (being able to regen life quickly) for a trade off (no ES and draining mana). These are large trade offs. This is designed around mana based builds. As such, those builds typically are going to be spending lots of mana on skills, use MoM for mitigation, and will generally have highly fluctuating mana, so there may not always be mana available for regenning life or MoM, as well.

These builds typically have a lower health pool in favor of a high mana pool, another trade off.

So why, if I want to further risk dying due to having an even lower health pool in order to reserve life for something, why can't I?

ALSO

Why is there a differentiation between physical damage over time and bleed? It seems like it's just one more thing amongst many in this game to make it more complex when it doesn't need to be.
Last edited by Spurnshadow on May 8, 2021, 10:43:12 PM
Stacked decks: is the card determined when it drops, or as you reveal it?
What's with mine detonation speed? A lot of Saboteur passives increase the speed, but it seems like this actually a disadvantage, since faster detonations means it's more difficult to add mines to an already-activated sequence.
Why doesn't Phantasm work with Dancing Duo? Will it ever?
My Dervish guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3127187
For the belt Graven's Secret, does physical damage taken as fire/cold/lightning work with the absorption charge elemental damage recoup mechanic? Or do the absorption charges only account for the initial physical damage of the hit?
when you stop adding stupid uniques, and instead looking current ones in game and buff them in diffrent ways. ofc any unique should be hard to optain otherwise its no unique. but what do i know
fk archnemesis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info