Game Mechanics Q&A

"
Clypeus3 wrote:
how does evasion and the entropy system actually work

Entropy is simply a value from 1-100. First time you are attacked (more than 3.33 seconds since last time counts as first) this is rolled randomly, and the attackers chance to hit is added to this. if this then exceeds 100 you are hit. so if the enemy has 50% chance to hit the first attack will hit with 50% chance, as 50 will be added to random number, which has 50% chance to be 50 or more.

After the first roll there's no randomness involved anymore. The attackers hit chance gets added to the number, and whenever this counter goes over 100 the attacker hits and the value gets subtracted by 100. So if the enemy has 1 in 10 chance to hit, it will hit exactly every tenth attack. No chance of hit streaks, but also no chance to evade more than 9 in a row. All monsters attacking you will count toward the same counter.

The additional chance to evade crit damage doesn't use entropy and is completely random
Last edited by sawaro on May 6, 2021, 6:57:13 PM
Why don't you explain basic mechanics in game? Trough my first couple of play-trough i had no idea what was the meaning of spells or attacks.
Are you guys planning to rework and improve the guild system?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Is there a server side cap on Attack-/Castspeed?
Since skill cooldowns are influencened by server tick rate, does this also effect attacks? Would I have to sync up my attackrate to the server to get maximum benefits?
How do you find out how much poison or righteous fire damage you are doing to foes?

Are there any plans to update the tooltips in POE 2 to provide more or better information?

How do stacked dodge, evade, and blind miss chances apply when a mob tries to hit an exile?

If I do not play path of exile for a couple of days it feels like the rate of randomly encountered league mechanics and master missions is significantly higher in the first couple maps.

Q: Is there a mechanic that increases the chance of league mechanics and master missions randomly spawning after not playing for a certain amount of time and if there is how does it work?
Hi there, I've been playing POE on a regular basis for just over two years, and been playing a lot more over the last year due to quarantine. One thing I've always been thoroughly confused about is the leech mechanic. I could obviously just go and search it up on the wiki and read about it, but its explanations feel just a bit too technical. I'd love to hear a more layman explanation of leech for a somewhat casual player like me who isn't necessarily brushed up on the nuances of POE's game mechanics.
Why does Indigon work with Petrified Blood but not Sorrow of the Divine or Flask Life recovery rate?
Last edited by Vedgy on May 6, 2021, 7:02:03 PM
How does the corrupted blood work when being applied to you? Like what's the trigger? Cuz last league I played a few ignite proliferation builds and all of them got destroyed cuz the proliferating DoT, not the actual hit, and in this league it still happens
Bane does not have the tag "curse" however the skill gem description menetions it multiple times. The patch introudicing the new doom mechanics and separating curses to hexes and mark, killed the skills interaction with Vixen's Entrapment unique gloves. I always assumed it was intentional, and you supposed to combo these since they released in the same patch and it was fairly obvious you should use them together. Is this just an oversight with the tags or an intended nerf to bane ?
Last edited by Balint1216 on May 6, 2021, 7:08:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info