Game Mechanics Q&A

Hi when do you add multiple life bars for minions and totems below the number under the icon in top bar?

Details:
When you have only one totem or one minion of a kind you see the life bar below the icon in top bar. Then you know when to resummon it. But if you have 2 totem/minions you only see the number at the top bar below icon.
It would be really convinient if you have multiple life bars below the totem/minion icon in top bar. E.g. for minions you could use your minion life flask if one of them is near dead.
Sure, there is the possibility to put life bars on top of each minion/totem. But seriously it really difficult or impossible to recognize them in the juiced maps.
Pls change it.
Asking a question with this line specifically in mind, hopefully it's on topic;

"...we are keen to answer your questions and help you understand some of the less-well-understood corners of the game!"

Is there a limitation that prevents something like a new 'info bench' being added to the game / our hideout? This would be something a player puts an item into, and it shows exactly what natural rolls are possible on that item up to that item level.

I would easily assume what-can-roll-what is one of the least understood parts of PoE for any player that doesn't have 3rd party sites saved to their browser.
Cool! I was wondering about a few things.

- How does decay "inherit" tags in terms of damage scaling? Do multiple sources of decay stack? (e.g.: multiple minions hitting)

- Not really a question. "On kill" effects should specify their targets. Some passive tree sources like "+X life gained on kill" don't apply if you kill with traps/mines, for example. If minions kill, do they gain life? Same for onslaught/elusive/phasing on kill.

- Poison scales from both physical and chaos damage for the initial hit. Is one damage type better than the other for a bigger poisonous stack?

- How does effect duration affect total damage over time of ailments? For example, if an ailment deals damage faster over the same duration, does it deal more overall damage? If the damage rate is the same and duration is increased, does it deal more damage?
Incursion encounter with beyond portals: do the new mobs add to the timer or progress bar, or are they an extra mob with no benefits to the incursion per se?
Does the combined effect of multiple watchstones with the mod "#% chance for Red Beasts in Areas to be the less common of two varieties" cap at 100% or would going over 100% be beneficial? i.e. would 120% chance of lucky beasts be 100% chance to roll twice with a 20% chance to roll thrice instead?

Additionally, would this mod stack with the similar atlas passive node "natural selection" in lira arthain?
Why the mod "area has 2 additional blight encounters" only gives 1 encounter?
When do you add "<",">","<=",">=" for stash searches?

E.g. you search for all items und item level 75. Then I would write the following "ilvl<75". This would be really convinient.
Why does "Prefixes cannot be changed" not work with awakeners orb but with every other reforge item?
Just wasted my whole day farming stuff to upgrade my weapon and now its bricked and i want to quit the league.
How exactly do mine detonation chains work? What's the method of selecting a new mine to be detonated and what influences the time between detonations? I've done some testing and it's been reproduced by others as well that shows that a detonation chain of the same length takes longer to repeat when done in reverse order of when they were placed. The way I made sure this happened was by putting them in a circle with a gap between the first and last mines, and detonated the last mine placed to start the chain.

https://www.reddit.com/user/daman4567/comments/mvrftl/video_of_blazing_salvo_mine_testing/

Here is the video of my test. If you compare the detonation sequences, the mines take noticeably longer to detonate when done in reverse order, especially from around the 6th to 13th detonations. When they detonate more slowly, it gives the mines enough time to rearm so that all of them are able to detonate twice thanks to the tremor rod. The difference in damage is pretty big, as if your detonations get cut short with 9 that still could go, you're losing out on around 33% of the damage of the chain as a whole, which is huge.

There's also the issue of detonation chains being cut extremely short for seemingly no reason, my theory for this being that a mine gets selected to detonate next, overwritten by a new mine being thrown, and then the chain gets interrupted because the next mine was already chosen, but didn't detonate.
Leech Mechanics for Dummies, please!

I've seen some detailed forum and some Reddit posts on Life Leech caps and rates, etc. but am admittedly shit at maths. Generally speaking, what should one focus on to optimize leech? Bullet Points. Or is it really just the way of the game: Hit as much as possible, have each hit do as much damage as possible, have as many HP points as possible?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info