Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

i wont touch Ultimatum in STD either.... like some other mechanics..

Start/Stop, Freeze time game mechanics are the worst.

Ultimate is Bloatware for Standard...

Last edited by tuccos on Jun 30, 2021, 10:58:50 AM
Ultimatum is long lost and forgotten and I think although they had the same logic, Ultimatum is far worse than Ritual in many aspects. Please do not consider replacing Ritual with Ultimatum.

I cannot understand how people can compare Ultimatum to Heist, whereas Heist is a seperate, a whole different endgame activity much like Delve. If a content deserves to stay it is Hesit. You can choose to play it or not.

Let's expect some quality content from now on and forget the past few months as if they did not exist :)
"
We would want to improve the combat of Ultimatum encounters so that the experience is less overwhelming and more tactical. While we do like things to be challenging, we currently feel that there are too many monsters spawning within the tight space of the circle and too many things going on at once.

This currently isn't the case with far too many items spawning at the end of the trial. For Ultimatum to return, we would want to shift the balance back so that the Trialmaster's offers are the main reward for doing the encounter while also compensating for the item fountain being turned off.

Imagine any non-video-games software company telling its customers "We do see the issues of this new feature we released, but we won't fix them and instead rather put that feature-set on hold until a later date with the next major update".

That company would be the laughingstock of the internet.

I agree with the devs, too many aura and rare monsters, too overwhelming for simpler builds with cheaper gear... I would enjoy to see it become more like breach, the monster density there is better. As for the rewards I suggest that they are tweaked at least a little, focus on items and not currency, socketed and linked items would also be nice, like 6l white armor for example or 6s5l white weapon, or lv 100 items for crafting.
"
Berserkmode10 wrote:
So you had three months to make changes that you obviously thought needed to be made and instead you focused on MTX/upcoming merchandise?

I honestly have no idea what to say. Might go back to Grim Dawn or try some Steam games I never got around to after this announcement...

This is how GGG roll now.
From a HC perspective ultimatum is pretty bad. eather you play a build that is pretty much bulletproof to the random shit, or you leave it. or atleast pussy out of any scary moments. i agree that if there is high risks there must be a way to counter it with clever gameplay, something that is not the case now. with screen clusterfucked and billion rares with auras hitting at once and all over the arena. in the current form ultimatum is more rippy then top boss encounters in many cases.

Also the design is super dumb and is more or less ritual vol 2. please make challege leagues that add something new to the game. and stop making league content desirable only by making the loot to good to pass.

Ritaul is a example of this, also heist. Heist was farmed simply becours of meta creating drops gated by it. However heist could have been a player succes aswell if it was adjusted to not feel so shit. i personally like heist concept but would really love it to be changed to feel good.

Remove doors on the way out. take deception as a example the feeling of rushing out as fast you can without any of the tedious blocks on route where you get spawned by very hard rares, trapped in a corner. the encouters are already to long. make a fast getaway would make it way better. maby even escape of a alternate route.

Some of the contract types are so bad vs others. im looking at you agility and demolition. thoes are like 3x as long as others. especially demolition is super dumb with long time on doors and then agein on the chests. furthermore the AI is a massive fail on putting the bombs then runaway and detonate. just make them put the charge. then there will be a auto 1 sec delay for detonation. who have not failed a heist since you are on countdown, and then the dude get stuck behind a wall or on corner between chest and wall and just stand there...

A note about heist alternate gems, the most interresting part of it. The change of quality on aura skillgems is just stupid. the issue was not the values, but how they scaled with aura effect. instead of nerfing aura notibles so hard and destroying the alt gems. just make the quality not effected by auras. in that case they had still been fine for every build, vs now where they are pointless
"
We would also want to rebalance the rewards. The intent of Ultimatum's reward system was to make the Trialmaster's offers the main reward for the challenge. This currently isn't the case with far too many items spawning at the end of the trial. For Ultimatum to return, we would want to shift the balance back so that the Trialmaster's offers are the main reward for doing the encounter while also compensating for the item fountain being turned off.

Yep. Looks like another attempt trying to fit this leagues mechanics/rewards on top the bloated pool we already have so it dont sticks out too much.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
I gave up league in under a week. Too boring. Just wanted to cap my char from ritual so I played standard for the first time in like 5 years, and it was actually OK, but still a big drop in value/fun from ritual due to how heavy harvest was nerfed. The excitement of finding harvests in maps gone. Running 300+ harvests for a single augment craft made me cringe. Honestly I don't expect to play a new league unless new content is similar to ritual and not 100% nerfs. I don't understand their logic with deterministic crafting when their entire business model is based on a new economy every 3 months. Like, who cares if standard is full of insane items when no1 plays it? But with ultimatum they just gave me more incentive to play standard so.... To GGG, if it takes more time to come out with a better expansion, you got my full support. Just stop giving us raises only to give us pay cuts in 3 months, it feels really bad.
Good, this mechanic is tedious and bloats maps too much, only league I quit before getting challenges 36 since nexus
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Jun 30, 2021, 12:22:00 PM
I said I've stopped playing Ults after the first month. I kept playing but if I don't want to play your league... what's the point of the three months circle. You need to create the need for us to play YOUR LEAGUE and invest in the game.

I don't know, I played Ultimatum because PoE is good but the moment I died in the circle with a well armed Jugg, I never activated it again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info