Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

Ritual was cool and unique when it launched. Ultimatum just feels like a clone and it was rather disappointing. I don't want it again anywhere.
I could see you adding a gauntlet-like map, where the only content in it is Ultimatums.
"
Zenling wrote:
For me, Ultimatum was a nice league, even better than Ritual as a mechanic. Sad to see it go. Please don't bring it back watered down, the mob density is what made it fun. The only gripe I have as everyone else is the spawn rate of the trialmaster. Other than that, great league tbh.
If u want to prune something, please remove older (useless) bloat like Perandus, Torment, Rogue Exiles and the likes.

And for the love of god, please make splinters/shards stack and help your players not get RSI problems (I am starting to feel my wrists as well). It's the least you can do.
Thanks and keep up the great work.
<3 PoE

Agree, pretty close to quitting the game. My hands and wrists just ache so much when I start the stupid flask piano, or picking up 40 single splinters of some variety.

There is no 'weight' to this stuff Chris, just group splinters and shards together and ditch your ego please.
Not a massive surprise, considering it's been the least engaging league for me in years. Maybe that was the similarity to the previous league, or maybe it was the types of build I attempted weren't gelling with my playstyle and/or the content. Either way, here's hoping the Vaal theme remains strong, and it can be available for those that did like it.
Can you just stop adding core mechanics from prev leagues?
It's annoying when from each corner old mechanics screaming "Play me! Play me please!!!"

And for new players it's overkill to puzzle all these stuffs out.
I liked ultimatum much more than the last one (ritual). Shame.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Last edited by PaganDK on Jun 30, 2021, 1:07:01 PM
"
Truelea wrote:
Can you just stop adding core mechanics from prev leagues?
It's annoying when from each corner old mechanics screaming "Play me! Play me please!!!"

And for new players it's overkill to puzzle all these stuffs out.

Tell me about it! I may as well be new as I last played in 2015. What's overwhelming is that weird Syndicate and Heist convoluted nonsense. At least Ultimatum was simple and didn't require a college semester to learn.

But at least I can still play my beloved Beyond content. I finally defeated Abaxoth last night, and that's including playing the league all those years ago.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jun 30, 2021, 1:20:20 PM
Even though I still love it, "too many things going on at once" and "too many items spawning" is pretty much the name of the game.
Ultimatum itself it's actually good as a core mechanic, the problem with Ultimatum itself it's the insane lag spikes, in fact it's a better version than Ritual.

So if Ultimatum is not coming back, which I think it should, they need to buff Ritual somewhat, Ritual as a league mechanic was p nice (besides having OP Harvest) mainly because it's one of these mechanics who get better the more Rituals you make due to splinters and vessels, and basically what makes them weaker right now, Ritual once every few maps it's too tame and it does not do anything

I think the best solution for Ultimatum and Ritual, the circle grind mechanic brothers are

Ultimatum: Not making it core into this league, but preserving the Inscribed Ultimatums or making Ultimatums through inscribed map, like a watered down version of contracts and Rogue Harbour

Ritual: Either have Ritual as a mod in map device or make Ritual scarabs replacing useless scarabs like Torment ones
Can you please make something different than Ritual and Ultimatum in 3.15 patch?
Could you make new mechanic in larger space, not in a circle in close distance again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info