3.14.3 Engine Patch Notes Preview

"If one of these bars is maxing out, then that's the current bottleneck that you should consider upgrading."

I cant believe you are trying to blame end-user pc's for the poe performance issues. My pc can handle far better games in terms of graphics, AI, world details, etc, than Poe.

If I'm getting higher and more stable fps on max settings in the division 2, than I am in medium settings in poe, my pc isn't the problem.

Don't tell me it's my pc that needs upgrading.

Any game that crashes if you accidentally toggle show-loot on a juiced map, unless you have the strictest of loot filters, is clearly in need of work your side, not ours.

Grouping the currency and splinter drops would help this, and save our wrists and hands from permenant injury thanks to reduced clicking. Also removing 99% of the complete trash drops that aren't even worth vendor's, would greatly aid performance I am sure.

Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Jul 5, 2021, 1:16:35 AM
"
Gorinnosho wrote:
"
If one of these bars is maxing out, then that's the current bottleneck that you should consider upgrading

----------------

my first thought on reading this was that you should consider optimizing your game.

I can't believe -no actually, wait I can, that their performance/optimization squad immediately blames the end-user for the shit they experience. I can play other game and there's no lag, no streaming issues, no clunky models, not much of anything.

While Poe is super fun, everything about it, everything is based off a game-design model that was antiquated back in 1994
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Jul 5, 2021, 1:02:16 AM
I've never had Dx11 problems. I've tried Vulkan. Sometimes going afk to do something for 5 mins, come back, and it's crashed. You guys really just need to spend the time, or hire someone to actually optimize the game graphics and shading/pixels better. It's not our fault as an end all solution. And making pre patch notes hinting that we should upgrade to play fluently with no problems, suggests a Monday morning Q/A HR meeting with whoever released this pre patch note suggesting that. You literally just attacked half of your customer base. I've already agreed to be your beta tester every damn league, now I need to upgrade my PC to help you test your shit for every league until PoE 2? Come on guys...
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
Last edited by Iamod on Jul 5, 2021, 1:18:39 AM
"
If the Shaders bar alerts you about shader loading/saving being critically slow, consider changing what the drive that shader cache is stored on to a faster one. In the [GENERAL] section of the settings file, you can set cache_directory=x:\path\to\preferred\location to a folder on a faster drive.

Ok I put in my SSD NVME, thx
If to many ppl report the same graph as maxed out it would imply that ggg should change something not the end user.
"
"If one of these bars is maxing out, then that's the current bottleneck that you should consider upgrading."

I cant believe you are trying to blame end-user pc's for the poe performance issues. My pc can handle far better games in terms of graphics, AI, world details, etc, than Poe.

If I'm getting higher and more stable fps on max settings in the division 2, than I am in medium settings in poe, my pc isn't the problem.

Don't tell me it's my pc that needs upgrading.

Any game that crashes if you accidentally toggle show-loot on a juiced map, unless you have the strictest of loot filters, is clearly in need of work your side, not ours.

Grouping the currency and splinter drops would help this, and save our wrists and hands from permenant injury thanks to reduced clicking. Also removing 99% of the complete trash drops that aren't even worth vendor's, would greatly aid performance I am sure.

Same, I even went as far as to buy a brand new top of the line PC for this league and still have the same exact issues. Tried it on Xbox, same issues. Can play games that have far superior graphics and requirements with zero issues. I'm not sure how long they can keep avoiding accepting responsibility and actually fix what they've done. It's pretty much unplayable for a whole lot of folks, all having the same exact issue.
Last edited by Thegreatest1979 on Jul 5, 2021, 1:36:49 AM

Next logical step would be to introduce benchmarking with online result "ladder", hehe. Like the regular exile benchmark, 100% delirium benchmark and the most demanding of them all, "town full of laggy mtx characters".
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
Gorinnosho wrote:
If one of these bars is maxing out, then that's the current bottleneck that you should consider upgrading

----------------

my first thought on reading this was that you should consider optimizing your game.

Same for me. But as usual average Joe will invest into the new hardware again and again and again instead of asking/pushing devs to optimize engine code.

"

Alright. There is guide how to "optimize" the engine code:

1. Buy new hardware each new league
2. PROFIT!

If your game crashed - update hardware. Oh wait... it's dead pointer or buffer overrun... ah... update hardware anyway.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Jul 5, 2021, 1:49:16 AM
Ow dear, another "improvement"

Somehow I doubt it will fix the disconnects,lags and memory leaks I'm having
Neat!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info