3.14.3 Engine Patch Notes Preview

I'm so glad that you chose to do this potentially problematic update ahead of the league instead of with it.

Great call.

Is there anyway to turn off the performance collecting? My PC runs POE silky smoothly except for Latency which I can do nothing about bar moving closer to a server.

It's my experience that SOMETIMES performance collecting causes performance issues. I won't mention the game names, one of them thankfully had the option to turn it off.
Last edited by Rorrak88 on Jul 5, 2021, 2:35:57 AM
I mean, I already have Afterburner and other programs to tell me what you screwed up each patch though. In 3.13 you bricked DX11 API. In 3.14 you bricked Shadows + GI for Vulkan.

My settings haven't changed in 2 years. It's not hard to toggle something to see what is suddenly bricking FPS and considering it's been the same settings. I doubt it's my system.

I run all but shadows max because I refuse to lower my setting due to whatever you guys are doing over there. After 2 years I suddenly had to drop GI Quality to low due to a 20FPS drop idle.

I always ran DX11 because it gave me about 2-3 FPS more which is opposite of most games compared to Vulkan so I was forced to change that but not due to 2-3 FPS instead to 1s total frame drops.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
GGG pls make ultra potato settings so i can run delirium maps with my 1050 ti 16 gm ram i5proc 250ssd.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
"
Gorinnosho wrote:
"
If one of these bars is maxing out, then that's the current bottleneck that you should consider upgrading

----------------

my first thought on reading this was that you should consider optimizing your game.

I can't believe -no actually, wait I can, that their performance/optimization squad immediately blames the end-user for the shit they experience. I can play other game and there's no lag, no streaming issues, no clunky models, not much of anything.

While Poe is super fun, everything about it, everything is based off a game-design model that was antiquated back in 1994

Yes the engine is not realy good. But a lot op people play poe now and a lot of people claim to have a good pc or their pc is up to date and nice cleaned up. But it's not. Many people have a shitty pc maintenance.
Not saying that GGG has nothing to improve or its not getting worse. Because it is...
Just saying that its not always on their end.
Last edited by Rekill on Jul 5, 2021, 5:20:21 AM
Wonder if they're taking FSR into consideration, seeing how they keep updating the requirements and the majority of the playerbase is running the game on potatoes.

Yeah yeah it's CPU intensive, but maybe FSR might just pull enough FPS to make the game playable until the GPU market returns to normal.
Second-class poe gamer
POGGERS
Where is the [GENERAL] settings file located? I can't find it.
"
Rorrak88 wrote:

Is there anyway to turn off the performance collecting?

Is there a way?
EDIT I see it's not in yet, no stress.
Last edited by Treme2 on Jul 5, 2021, 3:37:50 AM
"
We have removed the button in the Options panel that allows you to clear your local cache. This can still be done manually by advanced users that have a specific reason to. The button was causing players to clear their cache, which removes the significant performance benefits of having a cache. The cache is automatically cleared once every league launch.

This basically translates to: "We removed this option because players were using it."

This makes me wonder why it was added in the first place.
"
Lixy wrote:
An engine improvement patch right before a league launch?

These have never gone wrong before!

So you prefer these patches right at league start? Or a week after? Now is the perfect time to beta-test these features.
Last edited by Hans_Rudi on Jul 5, 2021, 4:07:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info