Patch 3.14.3 - Engine Improvements Patch

"
whood wrote:
"
eduardo9723 wrote:
hmm nice, now i know the cause of my fps drop, is the "driver" thing.
btw what is this driver thing ? LoL
Can we get a info on what is this ?

It's "Drive". Probably slow hdd or not enough space on ssd.
or just bad buffering coding. Just like "shader" with a strongbox and many other cases.
Graphics upgrade when?
I haven't been able to even switch to Vulkan despite it hypothetically being the best option for me. Everytime I try it just crashes the game without saving, 100% without fail. Even if I'm not in game.

Also is there really no better way to fix Shader loading time other than just putting it on an SSD? That seems...strange.
This is not really a problem, just the only thing worth of mention that I have noticed.
Before the patch I was getting 60FPS with freesync.
After the patch If I leave vsync on the FPS go up to 150 or so (I could try to limit the FPS with the amd settings or RivaTuner). If I understand vsync/freesync right for freesync to work you need to enable vsync.
For what I have played I am experiencing similar performance between before and after the patch with these settings, so it's just a nitpick.

Before:
DirectX11, fullscreen, vsync on, freesync on and with the optimized option for PoE.

After:
DirectX11, fullscreen, vsync off, freesync on and with the optimized option for PoE, and the Foreground FPS cap in PoE.

The GPU is rx570 with the 21.4.1 drivers because 21.6 has way worse performance.
Last edited by GedPoE on Jul 7, 2021, 3:34:55 PM
The performance now is so much worse! Please fix or revert!
"
twitticles wrote:
"
JugJugJug wrote:
TOTALLY AWESOME!! Prior to patch I was at 25-45 ping... Thanks to awesome patch I'm now at 65 to 85 ping!! WTF?

Your ping depends on the internet connection between you and the game server. It's highly unlikely your current issues are caused by this patch.

no. if the game stalls because the engine is crapping out then the game doesn't get to do its networking stuff. doesn't matter if it's on a different thread: it has to be synchronized with the rest that is happening and has to wait.
Well, so after I decided to perform a factory reset on my Gaming Laptop, and installing all the latest and greatest drivers for it without all the extra data bloat I had on my rig before the Reset with V-Sync Disabled/Windowed Fullscreen/ and foreground/Background FPS set to 120/60, I am getting a stable 55-60 fps and the game runs now as before the patch. Hopefully this performance for me stabilizes like this without any lag/freezes happening because on initial launch of the game from the new patch it was just unplayable, especially in Ultimatums with the intermitent 2 seconds of freeze going on with each spawn of mobs.

Thanks for staying on top of this GGG and hopefully the more TLC on this new Engine improvement will render a more happier and content player base!
i would like to know the specs of the machines that GGG uses to test their content on while developing. i'm sure they are not having to deal with internet/network lags as their test server is likely inhouse. i mean with GGG's annual income, i'm pretty sure it will not be a baseline gaming rig.

i'd like to set up something to log exactly what gets loaded and unloaded during gameplay. as in exactly what images/textures are moving in and out. that way, i might be able to find a way to stop/block all the bloat and mtx from other players without touching a single game file. just block certain things. GGG won't give us the option to turn these things off so i guess we have to do that ourselves. if someone already knows how to do this, please give me a shout :)
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
They really made a mess! I have a couple of friends with somewhat old PCs, with 2GB VRAM video cards, intel 4790k, 16GB RAM, they could play without problems and now they ruined their lives! Please do something, not everyone has a budget to improve their PC!
No issues before patch, post patch VRAM maxed character models and enemy models in fixed T position. See clip below.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelievedSillyCardRitzMitz-5C0ilZWtj8YO-qbw

Vulkan only playable dx11 is a slideshow has been since vulkan came out.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050
32gb Ram
Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz

Older set up but didn’t have these issues before this patch.
Last edited by Oceanbuffalo on Jul 7, 2021, 4:57:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info