Patch 3.14.3 - Engine Improvements Patch

Please return the button to clear cache
Looks like GGG deleted my initial feedback.

How do we fix 1-5fps in delirium if the shader bar is filling up?

I tested my drive and im getting 500-600 read/write. So I know this isn't solved by "upgrading" as you claim.

Was this update just to put the blame on user hardware instead of fixing the code?
wow dare i say 10 years later and it worked
"
Reconican wrote:

I tested my drive and im getting 500-600 read/write. So I know this isn't solved by "upgrading" as you claim.

Was this update just to put the blame on user hardware instead of fixing the code?

You don't because shaders are supposed to be stored in VRAM. =D

From my understanding shader "human code" is turned into "machine code" during loading screens or application launch. It has to be compiled like this because every video card type will have different machine code. This is then rendered by the GPU from VRAM on the fly.

The "cache" concept I assume is the short gap option that both DX11's DXIL and Vulkan's SPIR-V which is a mix of human and machine code intended to have partially pre-compiled data.

Making the GPU go through the system bus to access shader info on the fly so it can then render the next frame is an instant bottle neck which is what it looks like this game is doing.

I wouldn't mind hearing from the Devs on how exactly they've configured these.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Jul 7, 2021, 9:14:08 AM
* blight maps icon not showing for rewards
* sounds breaking sometimes
* faster load of textures
* smoother gameplay

good patch 9/10
Great update. Is it not possible to change the position on the UI of the FPS metrics though? Or at least give us the option to place it where we want? Seems like when playing on certain builds like a HH, aura stacker, or just in general with tons of ailments from flasks etc at the top of the screen it overlaps the amount of FPS we can see on the metrics chart while in the middle of a map. Maybe an option to let us position it on our screen would be extremely helpful. Not all of us like to use the quest tracker on the right side of the screen (under what server we play on information), that would be an ideal position for the metrics to be placed imo.
更新檔居然... 2.45G
Hello everybody.
Especially GGG (hope someone from GGG reads this message).

Last night, when I went to play PoE, I ended up logging into the game without reading the news and I didn't know you guys had made an engine improvement.

What I can say is that my game performance has deteriorated. I noticed because I went to make some maps and my PoE was crashing. At times it seemed that the game was running in slow motion and at other times it was based on bumps.
At this point, I pressed F1 and went to check my latency. Then I noticed the new graphic. I went to check the news and read the GGG post.
In the post it says that the bars that are "full" are possible items to think about upgrades. My 2 "full" bars were from the CPU (i9-9900K) and my GPU (GeForce 2080 Amp Extreme).
And no, I don't think that's the case for upgrades.

I went back to the game and made another 3 or 4 maps and continued the same thing.

In my case, performance deteriorated a lot.
Last edited by rrbterry on Jul 7, 2021, 10:05:32 AM
Ran 100% deli map
5-20 fps
Closed game.
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
"
Xzorn wrote:
"
Reconican wrote:

You don't because shaders are supposed to be stored in VRAM. =D

From my understanding shader "human code" is turned into "machine code" during loading screens or application launch. It has to be compiled like this because every video card type will have different machine code. This is then rendered by the GPU from VRAM on the fly.

The "cache" concept I assume is the short gap option that both DX11's DXIL and Vulkan's SPIR-V which is a mix of human and machine code intended to have partially pre-compiled data.

Making the GPU go through the system bus to access shader info on the fly so it can then render the next frame is an instant bottle neck which is what it looks like this game is doing.

I wouldn't mind hearing from the Devs on how exactly they've configured these.

This guy fucks.
KenMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info