3.15 Livestream Announcements

"
ClassePraCRL wrote:
"
ZOMBIE9384 wrote:
All the salt from people is making me feel like 1000Exalt aura stacker super good. Imagine being salty over actually having the game move in a more fun direction LOL


The fact that you feel the need to say that it's amazing, considering you've been playing for so long, and you can't make a single build correctly.

Or in other case, you're just a 2-first-weeks-of-league-player that thinks the opinion is more valid than players that actually invest more time into this game during the whole league cycle.

Either wait, i feel bad for falling for your troll bait. Enjoy

.

Please son Im a casual player with a life. I love the game but I got other things to do. This is also a game, not a job. Talking about the"proper" build lol take your elitist mumbo jumbo elsewhere.
"
Saimon64 wrote:
Do you seriously think that having broken, nerfed and slowed down all the players will endure and suffer for 3 months to pump out their builds ?? haha, do you really think so ?? lol? It would be very foolish and presumptuous to think so. Players will drop out of the league even earlier than the last. Apparently the experience of the Ultimatum nerfs taught you nothing. Well, that's a shame.


GGG like
Let us sell support packages and leave us alone
Another thing that really worried me during the stream:

Chris said that player engagement was a lot higher in SSF, with more upgrades per item slot than in trade league.

Ok, all I can say is: Of course it is. It's SSF.

I play trade league. I don't swap a lot of items because after 1-2 upgrades the next items up the power level are ridiculously expensive in trade.
AND Their price has increased a lot since the nerf to harvest and nerf to drop rates. So I stopped going for upgrades after a certain point, because I just don't have mirrors in my stash.

Now do you honestly think that I will spend more time in game to upgrade my char if the gap between me and the top level players is even bigger and corresponding endgame items can cost even more, because top players can easily pay even higher prices?

Some game systems are so difficult to understand that I need constant hand-holding via youtube, reddit and wiki... I am not ashamed to admit that. So whatever data you might get from my characters is heavily skewed. I only get there because others have paved the way for me. Thinking that I can adapt on my own is ludicrous.


Then Chris said, that on Exilecon players really liked the punishing difficulty of the POE2 demo.
That may be true for PoE 2, a new game built on PoE 1 with a new campaign and hundreds of changes to mechanics etc.


Does this imply that existing players want a punishingly hard PoE1? A game we have been playing for years now? Where I know that I could rush through content before which now just stumps me?

EDIT: Equating "difficult" with "fun". True for some. Not for me.
Last edited by Alatikus on Jul 17, 2021, 3:08:41 AM
"
Cosmonaut111 wrote:
Whenever there are nerfs happening , people whine. Remeber when minions got nerfed so hard they became "unplayable"? They were and still are fine and playable somehow. Remember when movementspeed was removed from almost all ascedancies and everyone cried how slow and boring the game will be? Game was as fast as before and sometimes even faster ( raider rework ).

You are all crybabies who burst out in tears whenever something is getting touched that you did for 5 years the same way. OH NO I HAVE TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW GGG BAD.

I hope they trashed every meta skill into oblivion so there are no "PLAY THIS SKILL FOR 0,1EX BUDGET TILL MAVEN" shitty youtube guides to follow and people actually explore some of the 100 support gems that arent adding raw damage so you can oneshot 5 screens.



Dude you are actually spot on. I am glad there are players like you. Looking forward to seeing you in the league and may you have a splendid league start. Cheers
"
Isseus wrote:
I know the devs don't care, but here's my story with PoE:

I have played and supported the game since beta. I have a 4-digit number of hours played, more than any other game in my Steam library, and that doesn't include beta. I've spent countless hours watching streamers, reading on mechanics, browsing the wiki, trying to learn the mechanics, yet I've never seen any of the end bosses beyond normal Atziri. Not beaten, SEEN. Even with the most meta builds and decent gear, I keep dying in the red maps, one shot without ever knowing what even killed me. I've tried to get better, I have improved a lot too. I've even tried to introduce this game to at least half a dozen players, but they've given up quickly after trying because the whole game and all the mechanics are such a convoluted mess. The endgame is basically just watching bright lights and explosions of a gazillion mobs that could just as well be simple geometrical shapes flashing on the screen, then you die randomly. Yay.

And now you're telling me this game is too EASY and you're gonna make it more difficult? There are no words on how much I despise you. Right now I regret every cent I've given your company, every second spent with this game. PoE was great when it came out. It was well paced, dark and atmospheric, you could make your own builds that worked without having to follow the meta... none of that exists any more. To make a functional build you'd need more time spent studying this mess than a legit Master's degree.

Fuck you, GGG. I'm out.



[Removed by Support] There are people who enjoy the game despite of how "unfair" or "broken" or "batshit nerfed to ground" or "dead" it is. So leave and play a different game. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Jul 17, 2021, 9:58:21 AM
"
Knopperz wrote:
Seems like another Nerf league i won't play...

When will this game become more friendly to "normal" humans ?


Maybe you just have to grow up a bit more to actually understand that just as in real life, the effort you put in equals the stuff you get out of it.

If all players that play PoE had the exact same amount of time to actually play it, your argument would make sense. Cause your effort should be rewarded like the effort of all others.

But, unfortunate for you, there are ppl not working, ppl richer not having to to go work, ppl that simply dont care and play too much, addicted nerds, and all kinds of players, that invest more time than you do and therefore get more out of it.

This is by design, it is good, it has to be that way and it will never ever change as long as games exist.

[Removed by Support]
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Jul 17, 2021, 6:44:32 AM
"
ibims111 wrote:

Maybe you just have to grow up a bit more to actually understand that just as in real life, the effort you put in equals the stuff you get out of it.
[Removed by Support]


Relatively sure that in real life, if someone constantly pulled the rug away below your feet, you'd not have it.

Also, no one argues that you "shouldn't have to play the game to finish it", people argue that you can fix the system in other ways than "pulling the rug".

If they want to see a more diverse portfolio of builds, they should focus on making experimenting more rewarding instead of punishing people for "not experimenting the way they want"
"
Bryde wrote:
"
ibims111 wrote:

Maybe you just have to grow up a bit more to actually understand that just as in real life, the effort you put in equals the stuff you get out of it.
[Removed by Support]


Relatively sure that in real life, if someone constantly pulled the rug away below your feet, you'd not have it.

Also, no one argues that you "shouldn't have to play the game to finish it", people argue that you can fix the system in other ways than "pulling the rug".

If they want to see a more diverse portfolio of builds, they should focus on making experimenting more rewarding instead of punishing people for "not experimenting the way they want"


Someone is pulling the rug away under you sure. Except that the rug is rented and not yours and you are not entitled to decide how the rug is gonna look like after is has been pulled out and placed back again under you.

Chris has a clear vision for this game since it was released , sure he may fuck up sometimes with nerfs / buffs / content etc. but most of the time he sticks to his vision.

If you dont like it go play D2 remastered and farm Baal 2000 times for 1 drop rather than enjoying the best and fully fleshed out endgame any ARPG on the market can currently offer
So the dirty little secret is that people can buy exalted orbs and other stuff from third parties. This means they can outfit themselves with the “latest and greatest” for a price. They move up fast with powerful builds. The designers appear to try to make the game more difficult as these characters destroy the content.

This is the problem D2 faced and a major reason there is no trading in D3, except for very limited exceptions.

I like trading and consider it part of the game.Use it if you like or not.

While I can easily afford to buy exalted orbs etc from third parties, I don’t. I mean what’s the point.

If the designers are structuring the game so that only the “top” players can succeed, then the rest of us are frustrated. I play more than the average player (retired) have gotten a character to level 98. Have never found a headhunter or seen a mirror.

The major reason I left D3 a couple of years ago was the continual nerfs. I don’t understand this mentality on the part of the designers. You build a character, advance it, invest time, and boom they blow it up with a nerf bomb. They say they don’t want to make the monsters more powerful so they nerf the builds. This is just a semantic difference.

Yes, some things need to be redesigned. I never knew (or thought of ) a method for smashing multiple potions at once. Clever, but not in the spirit of the game.

It’s hard to be specific until we see the patch notes; however, when the developer talks about major nerfs, making the acts harder, and power creep I believe major nerfs are coming.

If average players like me can’t enjoy the game and have fun, which is what it’s all about, why play. There are too many other opportunities to use your time for enjoyment.
Last edited by Hoya63 on Jul 17, 2021, 9:51:51 AM
I don't understand the concept of this equation:

"Seeing the endgame = Fun"

You can still play white maps, destroy everything and be happy that your build is fun to play. Progress will set in automatically.

People here are like "now Act 1 is unbeatable". It's not doomsday my friends.

Additionally, nerfing support gems makes the game EASIER FOR CASUALS in a certain sense, because it will make 6L equipment less powerful in comparison to a 5L.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info