What We're Working On

"
Heriato wrote:

This league have lost 30k player in less a week

Oh they've lost way more than 30k. And it's fucking hilarious. The people have spoken. Now the question is, will they listen?
Last edited by Gulch on Jul 27, 2021, 7:04:33 AM
I don't play in sea server but I had to make an account here just to post. Been playing for this game since 3.1 and this is the first time I quit after playing 2 days. Lost Ark is finally coming to the west in Fall, time for me to move on when it release.
i hate this patch. Can you bring back 3.13 patch. that a lot of fun to play new thing idea , build , etc.. whatever but this patch is so bad.
i suggest if you bring back 3.13 patch and maybe private league and keep the money for launch i agree to spend my money to play. but for now I'm quit this league until you fixing the idea for this :(
"
Were the Mana Cost Multiplier changes on Support Gems too Extreme?
Yes, they were too extreme. Based on feedback and data, we are reviewing the mana cost multipliers again and will be reducing many (but not all) of them. While this will ease the impact on your mana by a moderate amount, the goal is still that mana matters a lot more than it did before.

Let's see how long this takes before more people leave a sinking ship so to speak
Its just a Joke really.

Only One thing to say! If you Guys stick with that Vision of the Game and try to Prepare your Playerbase for POE2 that might be the wrong wrong wrong wrong way you are trying to going Trough guys.

Poeple dont want your Game slow and Clunky.. Maybe it was in 2013 but the Reality is that YOUR Community disagree with almost everything in terms of Changes or Plans you Guys have for that Game.

Hope you Guys Consider finally to be Good again... Poeple just waiting for that one moment GGG is back like we Know them & Love them. But you guys are going absolutly in a Wrong Direction your Playerbase doesnt want POE in that State and NOBODY want Slow and Unfunny Gameplays that i have to Fight a White Trash Mob pack for 5 Minutes.

DONT KILL THIS GAME GGG! I BEG YOU ONCE AGAIN!
I will try to be as constructive as possible because I can see the game slowly dying and I realy don't want that.

I used to work in the gaming industry and I know the difficulties and challenges first hand, I know it's hard to balance a game like POE because with every balance you make you have to consider all the implications it has, on all character types and all interraction with other skills, that's why you never do a "big bang" change and hope for the best, you do small tweaks, check the outcome, retweak and so on until you get to the desired result.

Also, when looking at power creep you have to take into consideration actual characters not the potential of a character - if you sink 30 mirrors in a character, yes.. it will destroy the game, and it should do that because that's why you invested 30 mirrors in it, in Chris's own words, people play POE and their goal is to become God, have a character so strong that it instantly kills bosses and destroys maps - and that is correct, that's why we play POE, and people dedicated enough acomplish that, or used to - now you can only be a lesser God, cause you can get Bleeding, Poison, some 2-3 curses and Frozen at the same time and die instantly regardless of how much you sinked into the build - Chris, can you see the discrepancy between what you said and what the game actually is right now?

Game difficulty progression shoud be increasing from Act1 all the way to T16 (not the other way around), with Act1 being easy and full of guides that can help a new player accomodate with the game and learn the mechanics, T14+ maps should be really hard, with T16+ maps being insanely hard and prohibitive for new inexperienced players - this will offer a target for the less experienced people and a challenge and farm oppoortunity for seasoned players.

Also, difficulty in game should be coroborated with rewards, the more difficult the content, the greater the reward - there are people, including me, who did 15-20+ consecutive Sirus A9 runs with no reward, not a single conqueror orb, awakener orb or a meaningful awakener gem, that's not desirable - I understand the RNG, but it feels like the more you do a specific content, you have less RNG.

There are a lot of posts on this forum and reddit from people that played POE for 3-4-5000 hours before 3.15 and not being able to defeat end game bosses - the solution to this is not making the game harder to play because those people are going to quit playing, and they represent ~80% of the player base, it's spliting the game into chunks of easy(acts)/medium(early mapping)/hard(red maps)/very hard(T16+ maps, some of the end game bosses, later stages of the league mechanic etc) content, this will provide a smooth progression through the game and also challenge for experienced players.

I think the best state of the game would be 3.13 with some changes to Harvest, making it so that players cannot trade crafts (maybe some minor balances to the crafts available through the garden and some changes to the OP with no investement builds) - I say this because the game was challenging, but it had an easy to hard progression, plenty of opportunities to craft gear, and a lot of mechanics to farm in the late game - you had deep delve, 100% Delirium, Simulacrum, Heist, Ritual etc - with the removal of the fracture map mechanic and heavy nerfs to delirium, you killed of Delve, all delirium content and as a sideffect all prices in-game have increased making it difficult for new players to be able to buy even the most basic gear and map currency like scarabs, sextants etc., and this on top of the heavy nerf on Harvest, which is now useless - except for some crafts that are also very targeted towards the very experienced players in the game.

Making a game very hard do be addopted by new players insures the game's decline, old players will quit eventually because of age, other priorities in life etc. and the game needs a constant feed of new players - the game will not be here 3 years from now if it doesn't get new players.

Before 3.15 start I went through the changes which made me cringe but I gave it a try anyway, got to lvl 80 something and yellow maps and just didn't see the point of continuing, the game feels sluggish, you have no options to counterract what's going on in the maps, movement skills don't "flow" like they used to, and it's a constant battle for mana, to be able to spam skills you need to drop auras or triggered skills, if you drop auras to get mana you don't have enough damage, and this on top of the bugs and issues - I am sorry to say this, but i've seen games in beta stage that felt better than this.

The 3.15 league mechanic is interesting but way too cumbersome, too many splinters, very slow, and the imunity to damage mods on the league boxes is just... in POE, most of the builds scale 1 type of damage, so if you have a lightning damage character and the boxes have lightning immunity, you can't kill the mobs - yes, you can read the box description, but come on, who want's to read the box contents in all the maps that they play, this is not an RPG game where you read through the story to make the correct choices.

Fixing the game is simple, getting players back is simple right now, they are angry but they will apriciate you listening to the comunity, if you're gonna go this route you'd better hope that the post-nerf predictions you have are correct, cause the players that quit, will most probably not be back for POE2 as they will find a different game to play by then, and most POE players are a 1 game type of players.

If you managed to get this far, thanks and sorry for the long post but had to get this out.

the league is a Complete Click feast. 5-4 clicks to place Explosives click to detonate if you did not die to freeze or anything need to click-open several chests even then must pick up Splinters one by one and if you not lucky like me you need to deal with full stash.
the patch was Double-nerf to player (nerf everything by half and buff any mobs out there).

hard pass. can't take this anymore.
The game is in a terrible state right now and these patches are NOT going to be enough to fix that.

The mana-nerfs mean that most of the time your character is struggling to do what they are supposed to be good, no, be GODS at; casting spells/skills. It feels terrible and is a big mistake to implement in this game.

Worse though are the changes to flasks. The 1 sec to 4 second change is not going to help one bit. The problem is not being able to anticipate damage and ailments and pre-pot. The visual clutter in this game is so incredibly high that it is often impossible to see if you are bleeding/frozen/etc. And even if you somehow do, the human reaction time to press the correct button to unfreeze is often not enough to be able to actually save you in time. So being able to activate the flasks before you get hit is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

As a player who has supported the game with thousands of hours of playtime and hundreds of dollars, I don't say this lightly; I am quitting the game until we are able to use flasks again before being hit by ailments. If this does not happen ever, well; Best of luck to you all
"
AngryC00kieZ wrote:
Spoiler
I will try to be as constructive as possible because I can see the game slowly dying and I realy don't want that.

I used to work in the gaming industry and I know the difficulties and challenges first hand, I know it's hard to balance a game like POE because with every balance you make you have to consider all the implications it has, on all character types and all interraction with other skills, that's why you never do a "big bang" change and hope for the best, you do small tweaks, check the outcome, retweak and so on until you get to the desired result.

Also, when looking at power creep you have to take into consideration actual characters not the potential of a character - if you sink 30 mirrors in a character, yes.. it will destroy the game, and it should do that because that's why you invested 30 mirrors in it, in Chris's own words, people play POE and their goal is to become God, have a character so strong that it instantly kills bosses and destroys maps - and that is correct, that's why we play POE, and people dedicated enough acomplish that, or used to - now you can only be a lesser God, cause you can get Bleeding, Poison, some 2-3 curses and Frozen at the same time and die instantly regardless of how much you sinked into the build - Chris, can you see the discrepancy between what you said and what the game actually is right now?

Game difficulty progression shoud be increasing from Act1 all the way to T16 (not the other way around), with Act1 being easy and full of guides that can help a new player accomodate with the game and learn the mechanics, T14+ maps should be really hard, with T16+ maps being insanely hard and prohibitive for new inexperienced players - this will offer a target for the less experienced people and a challenge and farm oppoortunity for seasoned players.

Also, difficulty in game should be coroborated with rewards, the more difficult the content, the greater the reward - there are people, including me, who did 15-20+ consecutive Sirus A9 runs with no reward, not a single conqueror orb, awakener orb or a meaningful awakener gem, that's not desirable - I understand the RNG, but it feels like the more you do a specific content, you have less RNG.

There are a lot of posts on this forum and reddit from people that played POE for 3-4-5000 hours before 3.15 and not being able to defeat end game bosses - the solution to this is not making the game harder to play because those people are going to quit playing, and they represent ~80% of the player base, it's spliting the game into chunks of easy(acts)/medium(early mapping)/hard(red maps)/very hard(T16+ maps, some of the end game bosses, later stages of the league mechanic etc) content, this will provide a smooth progression through the game and also challenge for experienced players.

I think the best state of the game would be 3.13 with some changes to Harvest, making it so that players cannot trade crafts (maybe some minor balances to the crafts available through the garden and some changes to the OP with no investement builds) - I say this because the game was challenging, but it had an easy to hard progression, plenty of opportunities to craft gear, and a lot of mechanics to farm in the late game - you had deep delve, 100% Delirium, Simulacrum, Heist, Ritual etc - with the removal of the fracture map mechanic and heavy nerfs to delirium, you killed of Delve, all delirium content and as a sideffect all prices in-game have increased making it difficult for new players to be able to buy even the most basic gear and map currency like scarabs, sextants etc., and this on top of the heavy nerf on Harvest, which is now useless - except for some crafts that are also very targeted towards the very experienced players in the game.

Making a game very hard do be addopted by new players insures the game's decline, old players will quit eventually because of age, other priorities in life etc. and the game needs a constant feed of new players - the game will not be here 3 years from now if it doesn't get new players.

Before 3.15 start I went through the changes which made me cringe but I gave it a try anyway, got to lvl 80 something and yellow maps and just didn't see the point of continuing, the game feels sluggish, you have no options to counterract what's going on in the maps, movement skills don't "flow" like they used to, and it's a constant battle for mana, to be able to spam skills you need to drop auras or triggered skills, if you drop auras to get mana you don't have enough damage, and this on top of the bugs and issues - I am sorry to say this, but i've seen games in beta stage that felt better than this.

The 3.15 league mechanic is interesting but way too cumbersome, too many splinters, very slow, and the imunity to damage mods on the league boxes is just... in POE, most of the builds scale 1 type of damage, so if you have a lightning damage character and the boxes have lightning immunity, you can't kill the mobs - yes, you can read the box description, but come on, who want's to read the box contents in all the maps that they play, this is not an RPG game where you read through the story to make the correct choices.

Fixing the game is simple, getting players back is simple right now, they are angry but they will apriciate you listening to the comunity, if you're gonna go this route you'd better hope that the post-nerf predictions you have are correct, cause the players that quit, will most probably not be back for POE2 as they will find a different game to play by then, and most POE players are a 1 game type of players.

If you managed to get this far, thanks and sorry for the long post but had to get this out.

Very constructive, thanks for your over-1000-words-post, indeed.
Have you seen the animation in the window while you are uninstalling a game on Steam? It is a male body part definitely. I get that is a message for us, thanks. #revertto313 #bringbackharvest #firetheyesman
Last edited by mitbanomen on Jul 27, 2021, 9:40:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info