Recent Topics from Community Podcasts

Such a pity. Nothing is being repaired, not even an acknowledgement that the changes to the game have been damaging. More damage promised for the future. It's sad that there's nothing to look forward to any more. I'm just so disappointed. This isn't a game I can enjoy now and it's not going to improve. Such a waste.
Sounds great.
"
Exhall wrote:
Such a pity. Nothing is being repaired, not even an acknowledgement that the changes to the game have been damaging. More damage promised for the future. It's sad that there's nothing to look forward to any more. I'm just so disappointed. This isn't a game I can enjoy now and it's not going to improve. Such a waste.

I completely agree
Just take the servers down and save everyone some time
PoE start to smell !

11 sequential days I am browsing the accounts, and asking with different players on global about good end-game builds which is up to 200 exalts ( which is plain absurd for the new players ).
The answer is always the same : Summoners or Archers ( they specific build vary ) but that's it.
Therefore in PoE 3.15 THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIVERSITY.
So - if You nerf them ( Summoners or Archers ) with 70% just like You did with ALL the rest of classes - then it's done.

Absolutely nothing meaningful to play as new player or casual, even as a semi-pro.
Therefore the game is practically dead.

What "nerfs" are You speaking of ?!
It's like shooting a 3 years dead person with a bazooka, to be absolute sure that he is dead.

The PoE practically die in 3.0. Now it's a rotting corpse, which peoples like me is trying to resurrect, but hell - there is a hand of extremally rich peoples ( which I will not note here, but they are widely known ) which prefer the harder way, because they have a "second idea of making money".
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Aug 30, 2021, 1:41:26 PM
+ 1 SA Gateway for SA servers pls
As a South African this is the greatest news ever.
I lost track off how many people I introduced the game to that said if there were SA servers they would play it more. 200ms average ping and POE just doesn't work that well.

Cant wait to hear more from GGG.
Now if you could take a look at the pale council, it would be great. Meh rewards and a pain in the arse to get all the fragments to even get there.

Plus, can you make breachstones give guaranteed loot? It feels bad to run a chayula breachstone and leave empty handed (twice in a row for me).
The changes sound really good. Can't wait to play with them implemented.
Some changes I have been longing for since forever and some I haven't even thought of and was pleasantly surprised by. So if I bring up some grievance with one of the announcements please note that I love all the others so far.

The one I am concerned about is "Aspirational Content".
I absolutely love the idea of more goals to reach once you defeated "Maven" and "The Feared". What I am worried about is the reward structure mentioned.

5x Delirium Orb encounters are already the most rewarding content in the game especially combined with watchstones and scarabs. The top percent players farm these for top profit. Introducing a more difficult tier that is even more rewarding would only increase the already huge POE "wealth gap".

The same goes for "Uber Domain of Timeless Conflict". The "Domain of Timeless Conflict" is already barely worth running yourself in trade leagues without an aurabot + headhunter setup. Shouldn't the devs be aiming to counteract that instead of escalating it?

High tier blighted maps are the domain of summoners of different types every league. They just put in the map and watch some youtube video or tv-show for five minutes. (I did just that in Metamorph league - not too sure about the league...). Every time you sell a blighted T16 you have lots of zombies, spectres or golems in your hideout. Probably not a coincidence.

My conclusion to this is that the challenging content usually is not challenging to the players who play 95% of it. Maven introduced some sort of skill to the endgame. I am not a huge fan of her memory game since I am terrible at it but I applaud the effort taken. We need more endgame that isn't just be a summoner or dude wearing a headhunter and have an aurabot.
Also we need a reward structure that is not centered around endlessly farming stuff 90% of the players will never see. It should be a test of you and your character. Maybe even just a one time reward like a "battle standard" for your hideout or a banner.

When people call for this type of content they usually talk about the option to make even more money. If you really want more of a challenge there are lots of options in POE. I would still welcome more. I want these uber challenges. I just don't want to see them broaden the gap. I can remember the time when someone able to take down Atziri was applauded for it in our guild. I can remember taking down uber Atziri for the first time. Even last league I wasn't sure if I shouldn't run "the feared" white just to be sure. Every time it was about the challenge not the reward!

A T16 bligthted map is rarely challenging. Either you have a clear build or you don't. The "Domain of Timeless Conflict" is not about the challenge. It's about speed and profit. The game already has a problem with it's mechanics to increase rewards being multiplicative in some way. So please give us more challenge! Just be careful with your reward structure.
Last edited by Hell1986 on Aug 30, 2021, 3:26:19 PM
The idea of potential SA servers is huge. Being able to no de sync, play at 200ms, actually manage to do end game boss fights and enjoy the game is massive. A lot of SA friends I've tried to introduce to PoE don't play because of the ping so a massive +1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info