Recent Topics from Community Podcasts

Thanks Chris Wilson and GGG
"
In 3.16 we're planning to reduce the Atlas to four regions rather than eight. This means players need to defeat 16 Conquerors rather than 32. There would be 100-ish maps to complete rather than 160. In the future, we'll shuffle map layouts in and out of the Atlas between expansions in the same way that we rotate Zana mods. We will be mindful that each expansion should include a variety of different map layouts (including ones that are most popular with players). Various adjustments will be made to Atlas bonuses so that you still receive the correct total number of awakening levels and overall Atlas completion bonus, despite having played less content to reach that point.

Please, please, please don't forget about space radiation and do not rotate out maps that are tied to prophecies and upgrading items. Or at least make some rework to prophesies before some of items become inacessible.
Getting a warm and fuzzy feeling at the mention of "South African Servers"
I really gave the new changes a try. I think I’m done with Poe which is really sad cause it WAS my favorite game. I would play everyday on top of working full time. I spent hundreds on mtx. I get chris wants to steer the game in the vision he always intended but they went a different way. I feel like you can’t have a game go a certain direction for YEARS then just say “ this isn’t my vision” and just nuke it to shit. I mean people invest so much time energy and money into a game and a lot of people, myself included would not have if we knew the game would be changed so drastically. It’s crazy tbh. I literally played a ton so far this league and the game is just in a horrible spot. They nerf everything to oblivion and don’t even keep in mind that even before the nerfs there is not much defense in the game to begin with. Now we have to contend with less mana, weaker flask, weaker gems, weaker awakened gems that are literally useless ( some only give like 4% more maxed out, and now having to deal with ailments and curses. Nah the grind was already to long and now it’s just frustrating. Shame. Now they say they realize there is not enough defense while saying they are nerfing one of the best defensive options in fortify. Lol wow
After "The Vision"(TM) the community reacted strongly and now GGG promises to listen to the community "in the future"(TM).

Well that would be a welcome change but judging from past experience I'm not holding my breath.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"There were a few crafting improvements announced. For example, taking obscure mastercrafting recipes out of places like Delve and the Pale Council and making them attainable in Path of Exile's core content. We're also planning to improve Veiled Modifiers so that they unlock all tiers immediately upon discovery, rather than needing to level them. However, note that the more advanced Veiled Modifiers may still require multiple unveils."

The ailments immunity unveiled mod is to rare, I saw it twice on my char that has beaten Sirus. Since 3.15 is ailments immunity a core part of many builds, some wont even function without it. This should be a common and early unveil in my opinion. You can always make a rarer version with some added benefit but the base mod should be common.
Game was gr8 in 3.13 , then you created tons on mess due to unwise changes ,
now your wasting a lot of time trying to fix problems you created while the solution is simply revert to 3,13 patch with addressing all the requests the majority of players were asking for.

Just as reminder , not that u need a reminder:

1- Crafting should not be RNG fiesta . harvest is clearly not the answer to crafting problem , its too powerful , but making crafting all about currency and RNG is not optimal also .
now what makes harvest super powerful is the ability to give t1 / t2 rolls , all you had to do is keep harvest crafts in line with bench crafts power , so at best you will get a t3 roll . this will keep harvest much more interesting and playable , at same time will not give best items in the game .

2- Trade , you already selling primary stash tabs , so you want trade in the game ,why not take it a step further and make it good , I'm not going to suggest any change as you already have tons of suggestions available at your finger tips , you just need to act on it .
some quality of life is what I would like to see , example I dnt want to leave my map lose a portal to go for a trade , a simple box should be clickable while I'm in map to finish the transaction , easy , also when in party of 6 its sad for all the party when one have to leave the party to go for a trade.

whispering 20 people for each time I want to buy something is really a bad experience. it also make us feel that players are not playing any more and that pushes us to quit also .which is bad for business. right ???

3- Massive clicking problem , many suggestions available also at your finger tips , just act on it , do it , just do it.
I like the idea of AOE loot , other idea is when I click one splinter or one alch or scroll , all available scrolls and alchs or splinters on screen are grabbed.
Chinese pet , why not ??? people want it , its good money for you also why not ?

4- Reworking the campaign is a waste of time , no one replays the campaign because its presented as a step to reach maps so when u done with this step u never go back to it ever. basically most players see the campaign once a league , few times if they level more characters , there is no value what so ever in rerunning it over and over. adjusting numerical values on monsters and mob density is a very easy task that shouldn't be given this much hype and be presented as if your reworking the campaign , people not so naïve these days , right ?????

I want to add on that no matter how perfect and nice any campaign is , people will get sick of it fast after doing it for a certain number of times. simply because the out come of it is so predictable , so what you get out of the campaign is always the same no matter how many times you repeat it , which makes it doomed dead before even seeing the light , in the sense that people will zoom zoom through it and never come back unless they have to , and they will do it with zero joy , just as a journey to a destination.

now the introduction of items like Oni-Goroshi or card like humility , can help a lot in maintaining re-playability of certain zones , begs the question how do we make the campaign also maintain a lot of re-playability . many suggestions and options also are available at your finger tips , small research will get you all the ideas you need , so just do it .

5- I don't want to make this much bigger of a post , but nerfing things is a really sad and bad way of handling problems in such a game add to that it is poorly perceived by players old ones and new ones. and you know that , so why do u keep at it ?
save small money now but pay huge losses in the future because of it ???

finally I'm so happy that GGG is in good faith and listen to the feed backs , we only give our opinion and experience because we care for the game and we love the game and want to play it for years to come .

all the best in 3.16
South African Servers
Many players are asking for a gateway in South Africa. After it was mentioned on the podcast, we have been doing some tests to check out viable candidate data centers. We'll post more information once we have worked out a plan.

Yes Please Please Please !!! Thank you !!!
POE 2
December 2023 release

/called it.
"players no longer find their item upgrades by checking the items that drop on the ground" - has anyone asked for this? How many years ago was this a thing?

Thank you for being an amazing developer and taking your time to listen to the community. An extra thanks for not doing everything the community/myself ask for. Do whats best for the game.

P.s. bring Harvest back but dont let augments hit higher than t2-t3.
Last edited by dingdangdankeykang on Aug 30, 2021, 11:12:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info