Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra Teasers

Really nice QoL .. Thanks a lot.
i watched the 'item is highlighted' video twice, on a full screen, and i cant see a *damn thing* different about it.

you guys sure you put the right video up??
Nothing different. I'm sure I have a great eyesight.
"
TauOrigin wrote:
I really think you're trying to troll me. Because what you wrote is absolutely not funny. Where did you come up with such a damage boost? Is there any way you can explain?

I mean your words: "45% to DOT multiplier"

"
I Denizen I wrote:
The Kalandra mechanic that doubles the values on upto 3 mods good, 3 bad.

Dot Multi on Ammy can be rolled twice at least, like Dot Multi, Chaos Dot Multi, they can be improved with catalysts.
So if old max value is :

Dot Multi t1 26%
Chaos Dot Multi t1 20%

Kalandra can make that 52% and 40% respectively, before Catalyst is factored in.

It isnt just double it is a little more than that.

Check out "Sol Heart" on the reveal page it is 57% to DOT Multi on the amulet. Suggesting it can go a little higher than 2x and maybe 3x is possible if we can get a maze perfectly placed to have like 20 stages or something. I was being conservative with my 60% amulet and 45% ring.

Those MoK super mazes will be worth the most imo.
"
Thesuffering wrote:

Kalandra can make that 52% and 40% respectively, before Catalyst is factored in.

Is this some kind of joke? Are you still trolling me or what? Do you think costume jewelry with 1 successful mods is all you need for DoT builds? Please tell me this is a joke and nothing more. Because jewelry is usually crafted for dot builds specifically on influs items with 1-3 specific mods and they do not rely on random mods from a variety of crappy combinations with new mechanics.

[Removed by Support]
The whisper highlight is a nice QOL, but I think it needs to be more obvious than it appears in that video.

Maybe a background colour change on the item, or make the border flash? Just something to quickly catch the eye.
"
TauOrigin wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:

Is this some kind of joke? Are you still trolling me or what? Do you think costume jewelry with 1 successful mods is all you need for DoT builds? Please tell me this is a joke and nothing more. Because jewelry is usually crafted for dot builds specifically on influs items with 1-3 specific mods and they do not rely on random mods from a variety of crappy combinations with new mechanics.

It isn't just one mod. You can have up to 3 good mods and that mod i refer to will boost damage significantly over previous leagues. Like assuming 60 amulet and 40 ring are maximum, you get 213% more damage total from the 3 jewelry pieces from just DOT multi compared to 65% more damage from rings and amulets in the past from just DOT multi. Obviously it is an end game thing however. But you cant use mirrored items in the crafting bench AFAIK so it will be difficult to get top tier gear this season. If you arent using the bench, then sure you are weaker.

EDIT:Just realized DOT multi isn't multiplicative like I thought. So it is 140% more vs 56% more.
Last edited by Thesuffering on Aug 16, 2022, 8:38:53 PM
"
TauOrigin wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:

1. your rings on you dot build don´t seem to be influenced to me.
there is life, dot multi and resistance on them.
all 3 can be made massivly stronger with kalandracrafting..

2. i guess your amulet really needs the attribute req reduction?
else .. same thing as with rings -> much stronger.

those things should really outweight your dmg loss due to the fire trap nerf.

and lastly i bet a 40/40 player can for sure find a way to compensate for whatever the patchnotes throw at them. that´s the fun of the challenge in poe :)
"
Antigegner wrote:
I struggle seeing that thin frame used to highlight the item. Maybe its visibility is better in-game but I'm skeptical.

How long after the whisper will it stay highlighted? And what if I get several whispers in the past 4-10 seconds? Can it highlight several items?

What if the item I got whispered for doesn't get traded because the guy doesn't show up or doesn't want it? Will it stay highlighted?

I'm not very convinced of that QoL...

Can we also get some QoL that we asked for for years?

I can see the frame just fine, not sure why others are struggling to see it...........Maybe I just have good eyes lol I'm not saying that it can't be improved upon, but it's much better than counting.
Last edited by Mentoya on Aug 17, 2022, 12:36:55 AM
"
jer1993 wrote:
Is it just me being blind here or is the highlight on that ventors gamble hardly visible? Great QoL update but if I gotta spend as much time seeing the highlight as counting out the index in the tab there's not rly a difference.

I don't know, I can see it just fine. yea, they can make it darker or wider, and they might in the future, but I still like it better than counting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info