Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Affliction

"
sudaidii wrote:
"
Quintessence wrote:
"
Pawell2812 wrote:
How are we supposed to level with animate weapon when ek no longer leaves lingering blades?

That is the neat part, you don't.

mb bladefall? i never played aw so if i said something stupid forgive me :D

Bladefall is much later than EK, level 28 I believe..?
"
Quintessence wrote:
"
Pawell2812 wrote:
How are we supposed to level with animate weapon when ek no longer leaves lingering blades?

That is the neat part, you don't.

mb bladefall? i never played aw so if i said something stupid forgive me :D[/quote]

Bladefall is much later than EK, level 28 I believe..?[/quote]

oh i see. i would live to play aw if someone posts some guide and some numbers. if dps and survaivability will be good i might try
Sweet, when transgems?
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Leoninda wrote:

Seems like you play standard and are butthurt :D

Of course I play Standard. Why would I play leagues? I view that as something reserved for beta testers & masochists. If I was forced to start over with a new league every 6 months, I would’ve quit the game a long time ago. I play Standard where there’s decent gear left to play with. For now at least until they decide to remove player power from Standard players too.

well i respect your opinion but i can assure you that there is a reason 99% of players are playing leagues and never standard. i find the new start the best part of this game. you re missing a lot of fun!!
"
tudorlasus wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Leoninda wrote:

Seems like you play standard and are butthurt :D

Of course I play Standard. Why would I play leagues? I view that as something reserved for beta testers & masochists. If I was forced to start over with a new league every 6 months, I would’ve quit the game a long time ago. I play Standard where there’s decent gear left to play with. For now at least until they decide to remove player power from Standard players too.

well i respect your opinion but i can assure you that there is a reason 99% of players are playing leagues and never standard. i find the new start the best part of this game. you re missing a lot of fun!!

Good for you. I'm glad you're having fun. First, if you're going to quote percentages, show data or sources. I can also throw out random numbers to try to make my point look better.

Second, I tried leagues. It's not fun for me and I don't understand how it's fun for other people either. I don't care how fun the new experimental content is, I'm not starting over with a character and especially in an environment that doesn't have legacy gear. If that's fun for you, more power to you.

I'm not testing experimental content for free either. If I wanted to test content for an experimental expansion, there are companies out there that pay you for your time to do that as QA or alpha/beta tester. I go on the game to relax after working, not treat it as a job.

Third, stop mocking Standard players. It's because of your posts that devs don't care about Standard in the first place.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Dec 4, 2023, 5:59:44 PM
old and new infused channeling are the same
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
tudorlasus wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

Good for you. I'm glad you're having fun. First, if you're going to quote percentages, show data or sources. I can also throw out random numbers to try to make my point look better.

Second, I tried leagues. It's not fun for me and I don't understand how it's fun for other people either. I don't care how fun the new experimental content is, I'm not starting over with a character and especially in an environment that doesn't have legacy gear. If that's fun for you, more power to you.

I'm not testing experimental content for free either. If I wanted to test content for an experimental expansion, there are companies out there that pay you for your time to do that as QA or alpha/beta tester. I go on the game to relax after working, not treat it as a job.

Third, stop mocking Standard players. It's because of your posts that devs don't care about Standard in the first place.

Stop saying experimental because it makes no sense. Most Arpg work with leagues just accept it or move on
Last edited by Leoninda on Dec 4, 2023, 6:08:53 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Anyone who has any common sense or basic math knowledge will understand how much of a monumental nerf this is if you compare these new gems with the PoB values.

Nerfs just one league after another.

Removed all the alt gems.

Removed all the useful enchants.

Changed the existing gems in ways that end up overall being less dps.

Don't worry, we added some new gems with slight differences in their mechanics so that will make up for everything you lost.

Oh and the new ascendancies that Standard players don't even get until the devs decide it goes core.

All this will make up for everything you lost. Is no one else seeing what's happening?

'Nerfs' are why this game is still viable more than a decade later and didn't end up like D3. Shifting/degrading power is not a bad thing. If you study the changes, much of it is also QoL related - the overall 'feel' of early/mid game will receive a net boost from this patch.
"
Pawell2812 wrote:

neversink has an option to show white weapons on the floor, you animate those.

It used to be this way, no idea why QoL has to go backwards
Infused Channeling seems to be exactly the same thing twice new/old.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info