Transfigured Gems Part 3

Oh, now I get the Dead Reckoning nerf

And this Raise Zombie of Falling looks like the funniest shit in the history of this game.
Seems like a big pile of nothing to me. With a few rare exceptions those won't do anything that couldn't be done before with a gem, which was or was not done in a build for a reason. There will be 1 superior version of a gem to build around at all times that will be used in vast majority of builds.
Choices doesn't always mean flavour unless the chocices that are presented to you are inspired. Most of thease feel super forced just to pump the number up or to fix a flawed legacy idea with threshold jewels.

Opens up the game for more intetesting variants in the future tho without the need for devs to come up with a whole new gem, so that's nice considering poe2 is comming and will be a huge focus, leaving poe1 with fewer resources.

Maybe I'm just burned out, dunno.
"
"
Ruddski wrote:
CaptainLance and Pohx both have perfectly working version of RF for the current league so you can try out whichever you want.

The CaptainLance9 version is not a league starter build, Pohx's RF jugg (my preferred build) is completely dead, and the midgame damage scaling for Pohx's RF inquisitor is just gone, so it'll be okay for campaign and early maps, but until you farm up the sort of currency that gets other much more popular skills hundreds of millions of additional DPS (and only buys hundreds of thousands of DPS for RF), RF is going to be awful at clearing, and it's a clearing skill.

"
Ruddski wrote:
Yes Pohx has updated it and its even stronger than it used to be, though there is a new unique you need.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I've had Pohx's stream up all day in the background while I work for the past couple days, and nothing I've seen or heard suggests it is "even stronger than it used to be"; to be "stronger than it used to be" would require some magical new way (that doesn't exist) to scale HP without taking away from the scaling of fire trap (which you need for single target).

I think some people are simply not getting how much DEAD RF is as a league start. It doesn't matter how better it is or not, they still didn't reveal any alt quality version of RF (I'm sure they exist, otherwise they wouldn't have gutted it like that), but the point is the build is just not viable anymore AS A LEAGUE START BUILD.
niceeee
"
"
Ruddski wrote:
CaptainLance and Pohx both have perfectly working version of RF for the current league so you can try out whichever you want.

The CaptainLance9 version is not a league starter build, Pohx's RF jugg (my preferred build) is completely dead, and the midgame damage scaling for Pohx's RF inquisitor is just gone, so it'll be okay for campaign and early maps, but until you farm up the sort of currency that gets other much more popular skills hundreds of millions of additional DPS (and only buys hundreds of thousands of DPS for RF), RF is going to be awful at clearing, and it's a clearing skill.

"
Ruddski wrote:
Yes Pohx has updated it and its even stronger than it used to be, though there is a new unique you need.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I've had Pohx's stream up all day in the background while I work for the past couple days, and nothing I've seen or heard suggests it is "even stronger than it used to be"; to be "stronger than it used to be" would require some magical new way (that doesn't exist) to scale HP without taking away from the scaling of fire trap (which you need for single target).

Finally... someone that understands that RF, while popular, is a comparatively zero DPS endgame skill that has been gutted, made worse, returned to it's original unscaleable state for no good reason. And don't get me started on Lance's crowd-funded, no-life gear set for RF. It's unattainable unless you are a streamer with viewers throwing you free currency.

GGG nerfing things that don't need it is just silly. If GGG wants to nerf things, pick on the skills that do 30, 50, 100 million... a billion+ DPS. 2, 3, 5 million RF is crap and requires a secondary skill for single target.
I had a world of fun playing 3.22 with the Anomalous Tornado variant that allowed us to reduce the initial stage duration.
It was relatively low damage. But it was fun seeing how far I could progress with it.

I really hope there is a Transfigured variant that removes the initial stage completely.

Thank you GGG, for whoever thought up that variant.
Could you please bring it back in some fashion?
If no one else has done, it, then I'm gonna.

/me starts a slow clap. Slowly builds up speed, and ends with everyone doing a standing ovation.
I need normal gem + trans gems next to each other so i can see differences
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
Galtrovan wrote:
GGG nerfing things that don't need it is just silly. If GGG wants to nerf things, pick on the skills that do 30, 50, 100 million... a billion+ DPS. 2, 3, 5 million RF is crap and requires a secondary skill for single target.

Meanwhile they buffed Tornado Shot giving 1 additional arrow on the skill capable to shotgun bosses with 1-2 shots. Okay!
By looking at all those new gems I still don't see why it was necessary to remove all the old alternate gems.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info