Transfigured Gems Part 5

sad my skill didnt get one
Awe
no herald of agony :((
"
Chameleon wrote:
No Shockwave Totem or Explosive arrow makes me sad. Dunno if I'll play this league.

Over 100 new gems and you're worried about a couple of skills. There is so much to be excited about, but you take the only negative you can find. I've played this game for 5k hours and I've yet to replay a build, who wants to play the same thing over and over this game offers so much, take advantage of it and play something new, or don't and just grab a box of tissues on your way out.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
"
Nezqi wrote:
so i thought these were just previews, i didn't realize we were receiving ALL of the transfigured gems. sure there's plenty of new ones, but we've lost quite a bit of functionality losing both alternate quality for EVERY gem including supports, and there's no transfigured supports. there's no transfigured auras. this is just a loss in total gems, kind of disappointing. i was under the impression every single active gem was going to have at least 2 different transfigurations on release

This is massively underwhelming.

Almost as if we're being trolled, this is D- tier content.

Now, if the rumours are true that you can add Prefixes to trans gems, maybe this can be salvaged, but as is, this is horrid.

if u dont like it that much dont play the game then bye bye
dual strike...HA HA HA!!!
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Carrion golems just got an overall nerf with the removal of the "More damage" line on the 3 golem variant of the gem.

The removal of the +1 on anima stone to gain +2 on the hordes variant... but each does less damage while also not granting a buff to the other minions makes no sense.

Baseline from tree + base gem = 2
Anima = 2

So if previously you'd have 4 golems with 150% damage while next to your zombies. 600% total, plus flat damage to improve zombie damage if you should want them as a secondary damage minion.
----

Now we have

Baseline from tree + transfigured = 4
anima = 1

Total = 5 at 100% damage. So 500% total, while not giving our zombies flat damage to increase their damage.

This is a nerf to not just the golems but your other minions.

----

The other transfigured version does retain the "more damage" line and potentially does more damage but its not immediate as it needs to consume corpses to gain access to the spikes ability. Even if the spikes ability is doubled as far as damage goes you're not required to spam desecrate on bosses while not using offerings for offensive buffs.

I'm really confused as to why this needed a nerf as it hasn't been meta since it was nerfed multiple leagues ago and wasn't anywhere close to a meta build, it already needed a 12 link squire setup to get anywhere close to insane damage.
Last edited by WhyIsGreenSoBad on Dec 8, 2023, 12:36:59 AM
"
That concludes our Transfigured Gem previews for Path of Exile: Affliction! If you haven't seen a preview of your favourite Skill Gem, keep your eyes peeled for future expansions. We're sorry if we didn't get to your gem!

Ya'll got rid of 3 systems. It's a bit sad to see not every gem got at least one transfigured version.
"
Andvareel wrote:
Yeah, it kind of sucks to not have the usual alternate quality gems, helm, boot, and belt enchant and not really get much of anything back.

Alternate quality support gems could be used by all sorts of builds so you could look at your build and then see if something works that maybe no one else has even thought of it yet. You could look at helm enchant and see if an enchant for your main skill, or an aura or support skill would be best.

By focusing just on skill gems- mostly as cornerstone to new builds, it's really a hit or miss sort of thing. You want to play that new build. Or you don't, and it's useless. And even if you want to play it it's hard to build around it at league start.

That's the value of "trying to subtly modify the behaviour of skills" instead of swinging for the fences with transfigured gems.

I don't deny that this is probably a good way to go for the future. But I think more of those old systems should have been left in the game until you actually have a couple transfigured gem options for every gem, including support gems.

This is how they are prepping us for PoE 2.
The new RF looking nice, tough I wish there was a few more changes like:

- "The effect ends when you have 1 life remaining." instead was "The effect ends when you have 1 mana" remaining.
- And thematically with mana, that it did lightning damage.
For everybody who has been just nagging and, "what about?" and indecent about the new gems, who hurt you? Nothing will be good enough. What an empty life. I'd say to try and enjoy the league, but lets face it, you won't.
Stay Silky

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info