Patch 3.14.3 - Engine Improvements Patch

Always wanted to play POE at 1 FPS Framerate... Such WOW Experience. Roll it back or at least let players choose what they want to see on screen. I Personally rating this update as Strong 1 out of 10. Garbage.
Damn looks like I need to upgrade the old ryzen 5600x :(
Second-class poe gamer
I must say that after getting past the two grinding gears +- 30 minutes the game runs more smoothly than before and I felt it was decent before. Subsequent log ins did not get stuck at the gears.

Also everything seems a bit more "clean" graphically. I'm guessing this is because the game isn't fogging it down to allow my PC to run the game. I used to see a dramatic version of this on my old PC but didn't think it was present since I upgraded.

Also inexplicably I seem to have lower ping to the Server. I live in South Africa so suffer with horrible ping but its fairly consistent at 212, this morning its running at 172 so happy about that. I also don't think its just the reporting because my skills felt more responsive.

This on DX11 - I tried Vulkan a few times and for me its unbelievably unstable. I hope we are never forced to go to Vulkan.

I will do some more testing tonight but its looking good for me.
what in thee sam hell did you do to the game, my God....what a train wreck!
Optimisation is what we all needed
"
apokriddy wrote:
what in thee sam hell did you do to the game, my God....what a train wreck!

Rather than ranting, please post your feedback with actual information that helps them to fix your issue. Or do you like complaining instead of playing the game? ;)

Everyone who is having a bad experience, please remember to post your performance stats. They just made it easier to fix your issues so it's in your hands now to provide relevant feedback.
After testing for an hour I can give the following feedback:

situation before the patch:
I couldn't play Ultimatums savely as I had 1-3 sekonds of FPS drops to 0 after klicking the trial. Other league-mechanics were bad as well fror some weeks. Played on DX11 as on vulcan I was getting lightning, blinking squares and the textures were really broken. vulcan was 100% unplayable.

situation after this patch:
It is much better now. I tried DX11 and it was kind of better. I switched to vulcan and after 1 sekond of loading textures everything went very smooth. I was kinda shocked how good it is. Ultimatums are good now. Tried delirious map which was great as well.

I have to say that I read somewhere on reddit that switching off VSYNC with dual monitoring helped. Did that. And I re-installed my POE completely.

So. It is better now for me. Whatever combination of things did that, it feels so good, so much better!

Thanks GGG for the effort. And I like the new graphs on the monitor - so chaotic in a positive way...
"
Rorrak88 wrote:
This on DX11 - I tried Vulkan a few times and for me its unbelievably unstable. I hope we are never forced to go to Vulkan.

Vulkan is only good as it's implementation and GGG's seems quite poor.

If done well it exceeds DX12 majority of the time and easily beats DX11. Some games you'll get 5% more in DX12, some you'll get 5% more with Vulkan. If it's done right, Vulkan usually wins.

I used DX11 in this game for a 3 FPS difference for a long while until 3.13 when they somehow totally hosed DX11 performance and was forced to change. DX11 was hammering my CPU to 100% load while idle in my hideout, let alone playing the game which was impossible.

Still have a comparison pic.
It was later fixed which makes this performance meter thing rather insulting as players with more reliable tools to track performance and usage have been telling GGG there's something wrong.

I still use Vulkan even after DX11 stopped hammering my CPU because it overall still provides a smoother experience. Not compared to 3.12 or before mind you. Just each patch after.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
On Vulkan, after updating my AMD driver things are looking better. I think my memory usage went down while running the game client so that's nice.
Does anyone have this issue whereby everything looks like a "walking zombie" ? Mobs, your own character as well as dead mobs, the textures dont disappear however remain as figures with both hands stretched out. Also, Al-Hezmin's snakes are all rooted and raised to the sky.

Apologies but thats my best explanation and how to describe this issue. lol.

https://ibb.co/vQG4JM9 -- refer to screenshot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info