Patch 3.14.3 - Engine Improvements Patch

Very positive initial performance. We shall see if this keeps up.
Le Toucan Will Return
Went from running great to noticeable lag and freezing during ultimatums on wife and my system, so made things worse *slow clap*.
"
Xzorn wrote:
"
daxtep wrote:
uuhhh down to 55 FPS from 90 after patch :O

//edit: my bad, turned Global Illumination off and we running smoooooth at 110 FPS. GOOD FUCKING JOB

They bricked Shadow + GI in 3.14.

I always had this setting on high then suddenly with 3.14 it was causing a 20FPS drop idle so I had to turn it to low. I'll log in at some point to see if they truly never fixed whatever broke that patch.

I haven't change my settings in 2 years so it's pretty easy to tell what and when something is suddenly trashing my performance. Before 3.14 it was DX11 which I'd run since 2013.

Yep. Same results. Before 3.13 I would get 88-90FPS at a specific spot in my hideout. Game would just not be able to keep up with effects while generally keeping frame cap otherwise so made a nice spot for quick tests since I could simply walk away and go back to frame cap 100hz.

Shadows + GI set to High is still -20 FPS from previous tests regardless of position and as this video will show I go back to 100hz cap as usual with it set to low when this was previously the case on high.

The previous 3 FPS drop I lost switching to Vulkan from DX11 from a botch with 3.13. The other 5 FPS is because I'm not running OC setting at GPU core 2027 from 1997 and CPU 4.5 from 4.3Ghz.

You can actually see the annoying throttling of the 20 series to 1950 in the video due to thermals/power delivery. To keep 2027 I just need to keep it under 69C.

3440x1440p
https://youtu.be/EneHWnATeSY

"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Jul 7, 2021, 12:10:22 AM
Whenever I try to switch to Vulkan I get the error message "vk::createInstanceUnique: ErrorInitialisationFailed". Even if I try switching it on the main menu pre-login.
No error. Eternal loading. 30+ min.
Lag, stutter, lag, stutter...been playing the last few days no problem. You throw an improvement patch and makes the game run even worse. Not surprised actually...
Last edited by Mavrk on Jul 7, 2021, 1:09:18 AM
Basically set my fps at 165 capped to match my monitor, was always getting 100+ fps on deli super juiced harbinger maps prior to patch but today after the new patch i get stutters, freeze and fps can barely keep at 60 fps.

I run a i7 11900k + rtx 3080, i certainly hope this is just purely of the shader cache refreshing.. otherwise this new engine would be very disappointing.
Shader went a bit crazy when running deli map with harbinger but got constant fps on dx11 and vulkan. Hard to tell if it's better than before. At least it's working :D

Btw. running RTX 3080, i7-10700k, 32gb, m2 ssd
relax all.

patch came out now so they have 2 week to fix any small problems for launch in 16 days
"
Syhler187 wrote:
relax all.

patch came out now so they have 2 week to fix any small problems for launch in 16 days

Some ppl play standard. :) Eternal loading is not small problem.
Last edited by Vocasek9 on Jul 7, 2021, 1:05:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info