3.15 Livestream Announcements

Ok fine with this nerf but if you don't nerf the real power creep builds aka HH builds means that you are just an hypocrite.
Very disappointed the upcoming nerfs....might consider to skip this league.
frost ball from Diablo 2
Malhtael from Diablo 3
hammers from palladin D2 and D3

Are you working for Blizzard again? Is Blizzard North revived? Will you be making Diablo 4?

You show the graph (relative strength of character vs number of expansion pack) - smart manipulation

Show players the graph (relative character defense power vs. expansion number) or (character deaths vs. main boss from the new expansion) - I think it would be more interesting for players

I decide to nerf the amount of money spent on PoE and the nerf amount of time to play this game.

Thank you for the last 5 years
Last few leagues GGG made many terrible decisions. Harvest too much nerfs*(some Harvest mobs can hit you hard, so if harvest become almost trash, why some one shot monsters arent nerfed there?). Streamer prio. Ignoring community. But 3.15 Believe or not is everything I want PoE to be. Hard, exploring and I play in hardcore from beta all leagues and ready to die and releaenn the game and make or find new builds. Power creep were goimg up for ages', we wil be fine. Some people don't like the chNges, since some just play the same builds for years with flask piano macro. Time to experience new, edited stuff. Thank you GGG for having a balls to do it.
3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
I like the idea of making the campaign more difficult. It was great feeling a little bit more scared of each upcoming area and having to think about tackling monster groups rather than diving straight into the middle. I do worry about the effect on hardcore characters though... The availability of early game rares will need to improve.

I am, however, very worried about the state of end game (T14+ maps and bosses). The end game is the primary reason most people play PoE; not the campaign. The flasks (e.g. Basalt phys damage reduction) provided a significant defense boost for the average player that doesn't have top tier gear. Combined with a large damage output also provided a nice defensive layer. Now there are nerfs to both of these, I believe that the meta is going to become even more limited to a few select OP builds - the complete opposite of the desired effect for this league.

I feel there have been multiple instances of PoE devs swinging the nerf bat to one too many things and not understanding the potential implications. I would have preferred a steadier, more considered approach - either nerf flasks and understand impact on end game OR offensive support gems; not both at the same time.

I guess only time will tell, but it is something I am very worried about.
And again, the game is being balanced by nerfing everything. It feels like this game is designed entirely around the 1% of players that manage to burst through the league with their special knowedlge of how to best exploit mechanics and whatnot and regular players just suffer the consequences. Most people barely get to finish their Atlas, let alone defeat Sirus but apparently "that's too strong" already.

It's also getting really difficult to convince friends to play the game with you as it's just getting more and more inaccessible for new players. They just jump off as soon as you tell them "oh by the way they made the game even more harder for players that have an actual job so don't expect to see any endgame content lmao. You wanna kill Sirus? Yea no hahaha". Current season I managed to convince ZERO friends to join in, which made me drop out of the league after 1 week as well.

Also, nerfing the only viable builds that regular players may be able to use doesn't magically make them pick support gems that are still bad. It's like a restaurant taking the bestsellers off the menu and then say "this will increase sales of all the other dishes". Great, people still don't want these dishes. They order them because you removed the good dishes and the only option is to "just pick anything and be salty about it"
Don't call Frozen Orb eye of winter, its adding on insult after copying it from Diablo
I already struggle with this game. Now they are making it harder.

I live very far from a server and have nasty latency (212) making the game significantly harder. I can say this with certainty because whenever I travel abroad for work (Not in the last 18 months obviously) and get to play on decent latency the game is considerably easier.

Its little things. Rubber banding back into a pack of monsters. Bosses not telegraphing their moves (eg when Sirus is supposed to look in the direction of his teleport but does it on arrival instead)

And Big things. Life loss not happening as it happens but in clumps. Ground affects not appearing visually until after you are dead. (Baran mines a big culprit). This point is not consistent otherwise you could probably get used to it.

None of the new to the stable ARPG's suffer from these issues while still having latency because they trust their Client Programs. I wish POE would trust their client program more.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the game. Its the best ARPG (for now).

I will give the league a try but like last league will not buy anything from the store unless I enjoy it. Last league was the first time I didn't buy something out of appreciation for their effort.

Just wanted to say that I hate everything about this

-New expansion looks unnecessarily complicated
-3 tiers of supporter packs is a blatant cash grab
-Increased difficulty is something only about 1% of your player base wants. I haven't even experienced all content in the game and I've learned that most people don't even make it to red maps. This just punishes your low and medium skill players and turns away casuals who are likely your biggest supporters. This is such a bad idea
-Flask rework is something I've never seen anyone ask for either and I don't think it's necessary

Normally, I advocate for ignoring your player base and making the game you want to make, but in this case your game survives off of player donations. I've seen a trend over the last 6 months of ignoring what people want and doing something different, something nobody is asking for, and I don't have high hopes for this game's future.
Looking forward to seeing what the experience will be like in 3.15 :)

Thank you GGG for keeping things fresh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info