Click, click, click, bang, die, respawn
.......40 more times

Oh man, this game is FUN!!!!
"
MissyCC wrote:
Putting this here even though apparently my opinion is negative and will probably get removed anyway... I don't like it. I STRUGGLE with this game it is NOT easy for me. I play almost everyday and I still struggle. Endgame content forget about it. Somehow each league I make it to around 90-95. So I guess at this point I need to find an easier game because 40% damage reduction on a 6 link and also the flask nerfs just took it to a level of hard that may be fun for some but will not be fun for me. I don't see myself making it to endgame content if they increase the story difficulty so I guess Ultimatum was my final league. I've had a ton of fun this year playing maybe POE 2 will be for more than just the top players since apparently that's what they are balancing the game for. I'm bummed. I know GIT GOOD, This is as good as I'm going to be... Dang can a girl catch a break! Thanks GGG for the fun I had and good luck with the "power creep" that's making your extremely complex and intricate game so easy...

This.

It's clear that ultimatum was named because company choice, not league mechanic. Players were given a choice, accept the CODification of poe or there's the door.

been playing 8 years, 8000 hours+, and killed shaper solo once, low sirus once (with a build that was later nerfed.)

ALL my standard builds were broken. (Not just nerfed, the rules were changed to make them nonfunctional.)

Every league it's the same. Spend 3 months searching for something that's both fun and effective. And it never exists. Ladder is full of COD/wallstreet types.

And now they tell it it's been easy this whole time which is just flat out insulting, and they are replacing flask piano with task piano.

And the sad part is nothing will change except the game being even less friendly to new and occasional players (And even most "nolifers" like me. Excuse me for being disabled.)

I'm not unmanned to admit this is frankly depressing. This game is a big part of my life, and I really dislife being actively driven off because they want to turn it into star craft 2 or league of legends or something there the community viciously mocks anyone who isn't EVO competitor tier with a bottomless wallet and well of company loyalty.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
sbexile wrote:
I am a casual with more money than time and I never beat Sirus solo, never mind maven. streamer will still be fine.

I am not sure who this game is being made for, i am not sure it is for me anymore.

Yeah thats about me. SSF, nearly 2k hours, never beat sirus to date. The exponential power creep that is REALLY messing with poe isn't over time, its across the player base.

Other games give diminishing returns, in POE the rich get richer. Then they come in and say, 'wow, too easy for billionaires to buy houses, let's cut every bank account in half'.

Guess how useful linear solutions address exponential problems? Not at all. The poor will suffer twice as hard while POE's 1% won't even feel it.

"It's about time" they will say, "I keep saying we all have too much money" they complain. Meanwhile they are 'reduced' to only being able to still completely outclass all content with 'only' 100 mil dps and my dream of one day getting sirus below 10% officially and finally dies.
I'll put it this way when Diablo 2 was no longer that interesting for me, I tried Median XL.
Median XL was much more difficult than D2 and I had a lot of fun so why should it be any different with PoE.

Instead of seeing that the game is dead, I would try to play the next league and especially look at the patch notes that will come in the next days.

Well and if that doesn't appeal to me, I can always say Poe has gone bad.

(sry for my poor english skills)
Last edited by 10100101 on Jul 16, 2021, 6:38:11 AM
I'm sorry but I'm gonna be negative.

While I respect the work and really like the theme of the league, some of its functions (trades/gambling) and all other changes (skills, nerfs, flasks, etc) ; whatever I respect and accept all that happily. But...

You haven't learned from your mistakes.

People don't want another Harvest or Heist where you have to put down pylons (explosives in this case) and link them together and so on, the downtime, calculation, immunities, all that just to spawn a small monster pack out of the ground. That on a ''dead map'' where nothing is happening before you're forced to put down all that stuff.

Harvest + Heist had a kid : Expedition.

You could literally have kept the theme, the exact same content, but simply gone with something else than having to put down and link explosives... It was as simple as that.

But hey, it's your game in the end ofc, I just didn't find Harvest and Heist fun, at all.
nerf Detonate Dead...
"
Innomen wrote:
"
MissyCC wrote:
Putting this here even though apparently my opinion is negative and will probably get removed anyway... I don't like it. I STRUGGLE with this game it is NOT easy for me. I play almost everyday and I still struggle. Endgame content forget about it. Somehow each league I make it to around 90-95. So I guess at this point I need to find an easier game because 40% damage reduction on a 6 link and also the flask nerfs just took it to a level of hard that may be fun for some but will not be fun for me. I don't see myself making it to endgame content if they increase the story difficulty so I guess Ultimatum was my final league. I've had a ton of fun this year playing maybe POE 2 will be for more than just the top players since apparently that's what they are balancing the game for. I'm bummed. I know GIT GOOD, This is as good as I'm going to be... Dang can a girl catch a break! Thanks GGG for the fun I had and good luck with the "power creep" that's making your extremely complex and intricate game so easy...

This.

It's clear that ultimatum was named because company choice, not league mechanic. Players were given a choice, accept the CODification of poe or there's the door.

been playing 8 years, 8000 hours+, and killed shaper solo once, low sirus once (with a build that was later nerfed.)

ALL my standard builds were broken. (Not just nerfed, the rules were changed to make them nonfunctional.)

Every league it's the same. Spend 3 months searching for something that's both fun and effective. And it never exists. Ladder is full of COD/wallstreet types.

And now they tell it it's been easy this whole time which is just flat out insulting, and they are replacing flask piano with task piano.

And the sad part is nothing will change except the game being even less friendly to new and occasional players (And even most "nolifers" like me. Excuse me for being disabled.)

I'm not unmanned to admit this is frankly depressing. This game is a big part of my life, and I really dislife being actively driven off because they want to turn it into star craft 2 or league of legends or something there the community viciously mocks anyone who isn't EVO competitor tier with a bottomless wallet and well of company loyalty.

If you have a lot of time to burn, the game is not hard, it wasn't in the past and won't be after the nerfs - you'll just need to adjust your playstyle.

The real problem is that the game is BORING, they want to make the game more challenging the wrong way.. making crappy mechanics more crappy and making content that people hate playing take longer, this is not the way.

I don't mind a challenging game, but not done this way, nerf everything and well.. we don't care, find a way to survive and progress... it's the same as upping mob HP and damage.

The problem with the game is that after the nerfs in 3.14, there is no endgame, you do the acts, you do the atlas progression you kill sirus, maven, elder, uber elder a couple of times then what... there are no more delirium maps, deep delve is pointless, atlas region farming is not that satisfying as you are basically running maps, Heist is meh.. not good, not bad... etc.

So.. ok, nerf everything, make the game cubersome and clunky, but after you do this unnecessarily boring progression what are you suposed to do, what is the endgame? I just hope the answer to this is not... well, we are making the game so hard to progress so you never reach the endgame so we don't need one, cause this is bad.
Last edited by AngryC00kieZ on Jul 16, 2021, 6:47:10 AM
Ok so you really don´t want this game for casuals or new players, only no lifers or streamers. Good I think I will take a break or quit, longer acts killed it for me and the League mechanic just isn´t for me and pushing in more skills instead of working on older ones well gl with this cya.
"
AngryC00kieZ wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:
"
MissyCC wrote:

This.

If you have a lot of time to burn, the game is not hard, it wasn't in the past and won't be after the nerfs - you'll just need to adjust your playstyle.

The real problem is that the game is BORING, they want to make the game more challenging the wrong way.. making crappy mechanics more crappy and making content that people hate playing take longer, this is not the way.

I don't mind a challenging game, but not done this way, nerf everything and well.. we don't care, find a way to survive and progress... it's the same as upping mob HP and damage.

The problem with the game is that after the nerfs in 3.14, there is no endgame, you do the acts, you do the atlas progression you kill sirus, maven, elder, uber elder a couple of times then what... there are no more delirium maps, deep delve is pointless, atlas region farming is not that satisfying as you are basically running maps, Heist is meh.. not good, not bad... etc.

So.. ok, nerf everything, make the game cubersome and clunky, but after you do this unnecessarily boring progression what are you suposed to do, what is the endgame? I just hope the answer to this is not... well, we are making the game so hard to progress so you never reach the endgame so we don't need one, cause this is bad.

Hey guys!
I found this pic is actually quite relevant

Good one :)))
Love how they very briefly pretend to 'solve problems' for the bulk of their player base, a few breaths of fresh air like having harvest crafts available at low levels, allowing us to use atlas passives to target content, the kind of things we have begged for forever, then as soon as we get a taste of what fun must feel like, they are they 'wait why are they not suffering' and gate all these solutions into maps, or behind endgame dps checks, nerfing everyone until weeks of grinding are require to gain access to what I naively thought was a brief recognition that we need deserve a few of the most basic olive branches of QOL?

I have a perfect idea for GGG's next product, what about a stepstool for only tall people. How about a razor for the bald. Let's make a milk product only cows can buy, or a jetpack for birds.

Oh don't worry, didn't you hear they fixed flasks by completely setting them on fire, so there's no point in pushing they buttons any more!! That's what we wanted, right?

Oh why are you sad? Suzie got a puppy and you didn't get one? Don't worry, we don't need a puppy anymore, because I poisoned them. Now nobody has more puppies than you, isn't that amazing! we fixed it! Maybe if you drop enough rare orbs, and hit three lucky rolls, you can have a fish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info