3.15 Livestream Announcements

"
DarkJen wrote:
Hey guys!
I found this pic is actually quite relevant

yup. WE don't exist, just streamers are. Because Chris thinks they are their real clients. Well, lately answers to FastAF YT posts made me laught : when those streamers are going to cry having less funds then GGG is going to admit there is a problem ? Are they going to scapegoat something like they did with synthesis (best league I ever played - started with legacy) ? Scapegoatting does not solve things, same as leaving employees.

I was playing standard only (after years and even 2 of those in SSF) but if they nerf it a lot and I don't have fun playing even cassually, I'm going back with L Epoch (or whatever other game). At least I won't need to upgrade my computer another time because they can't code correctly (and still call it "improvment").

The picture is a symptom of the fact they don't listen to player's base. Ever. Their "forum" is proof of that. I was saying latly they were making big anouncements to make players come back and that is a double edged sword. Wasn't expecting this whole story been so dramatic after statements from previous days.
so basically monsters will be harder to kill, you won't be able to relay on flasks and you will get one shoted more then ever
I'm absolutely loving every bit of this announcement.

As someone who has played since the 1.0 release (I missed beta, sadly), I've felt that the steady power creep has turned the game into a giant grindy snoozefest, where the point is to build a one-button run-as-fast-as-you-can flask-piano blow-up-the-entire-screen-at-once affair.

It's great to see GGG trying to reel in the outrageousness and return the game to a state more like it had at release, but with all of the more advanced mechanics it's gathered over the years.

The flask rework is a great update.
- here's my sig
"
51percented wrote:
That is a truly dark times.

Players' reaction, as well as mine, are not what I remember PoE was known for - I remember it as a "game for the community".

What happens now is heartbreaking. If it's a preparation for something big, I hope it won't be too late.

it's bicoze GGG is owned by 2cent
I remember seen a post that claims only 5% of the player base gets to kill sirus, 5% dude! Why in hell ggg insist to make this number even lower!?!? Why you spend time and resources to develop an endgame that 95% of your players will never get to see it?!?! Im not a game developer, but certainly i dont need a master in game development to realize based on that numbers that you are doing something wrong, specially if you need to monetize this (nobody seems to be talking about the new 3 parts supporter packs, thats a new level of tencent-itis)
Last edited by d_n_r on Jul 16, 2021, 10:46:59 AM
I am going to be honest here.

Going into this livestream my bar for playing this league was low because I just don't have that many good games to play at the moment.

Sadly, the livestream played out like a funeral mourning the death of fun...

Battle Royale: To be fair this may be a big deal for some, but I am not interested in this.

Expedition League: Based solely on the footage shown, this league is 50% reading tags, placing things, and waiting around, 30% picking up currency shards, and 20% actually fighting monsters...in an ARPG (oh, and a 0.001% chance of fighting the Trialmaster...err new bosses). There are a horrifying number of new shards to pick up...which after the first week in trade league will only be useful for buying currency which you could have just looted off the ground in the first place.

Power creep, nerfs, harder monsters: I am not against making some aspects of the end game harder, but GGG really needs to review their marketing tactics. Discussion of this was front and center for most of the livestream, and really killed my excitement. To make matters worse, they provided zero specifics as to what was getting nerfed leaving me (everyone?) assuming their favorite builds/mechanics got gutted. It is not clear to me why the Acts should be made harder. You are either a new player that needs some handholding to get into the game or a vet racing through them for what may be the 600th time.

Flasks: My original comment got removed, so I will just say that I do not like the idea of giving flasks more rng and less power at the same time. At the very least GGG should have introduced some basic QoL features first to reduce piano flasking and only then considered if nerfs were needed.

New skills: The one ray of hope in the livestream. If this was accompanied by some ascendancy tweaks or reworks of older skills, this might have been enough to get me excited for the league launch.

Burnout: Based on my own feelings (and a few million posts on Reddit), I was really hoping to see something to address or at least refresh the end game grind.

Last edited by dpc6 on Jul 16, 2021, 11:10:34 AM
I was so excited to play this league, but after this, suddenly New World's open beta and Diablo 3 new season seems so much more appealing than they was a week ago, keep up the good work GGG.
Last edited by heavyjg on Jul 16, 2021, 11:00:20 AM
10/10 love the changes and direction the game is going. PS if you wanna good laugh check out POE reddit, the tears are delicious.
For me the power creep was in par with the growing monster/bosses clusterfuck like Kosis and what not that you are supposed to kill in less than 5 seconds.

I like the pace of the whole game, feels just right, it's only the loot/stuff/trade to gear up that is awfull.

If you destroy the power creep to make the game harder, ok, but if it is to make it slower that would be less fun imo.

The game is fun, hard and fun, the only boring part for me is the currency making/gear crafting that's nonsense. Or it is just me that can't get the grasp of it.

I don't want to gamble to npc, i want to trade with player to gear up not throw my exalts to some non upgrade items i didn't want.

We gamble to level up
we gamble to gear up
we gamble to rich up

We should be able to stock and trade all the harvest recipe, beastrecipe and so on, we can for fossils, why not those ?

Integrated UI to buy crafts?
To trade automatically without having to get out of my maps?
What year is it?

Pace breaking mechanics are the worst, i don't want to craft in the middle of my delirium harvest map, and i don't want to use discord to play either.

I hope this next league will be fun, and its mechanics rewarding, if not i can still enjoy testing some builds.

Side note for campaign difficulty.. tutorial was fun the first 20 times, it's not anymore, i do hope Poe 2 brings more than another campagn to start the game.
i am all up for harder poe.
it will never be like open beta.

back in open beta there was alot more hardcore players.
since content was hard but there was not random oneshots from normal monsters.
unless we ran minus max resi maps etc.

some boss's had abilitys there oneshot, like piety in shrine was hardly feared, made tons of currency killing her for people to help them keep their map pool.

but with a game design now there is all about speed and kill before you get killed it just wont happend.
old days evation was trash, since it was too rng.

now armour and dmg reduction is more or less trash for most builds since you get oneshot anyway. Unless you go to the extreme.

there are two types of builds in general now. the Kill before killed with alot of evation/dodge or the immortal there can tank more or less anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info