3.15 Livestream Announcements

This trigger skill change REALLY has me concerned. They already added the cooldown nerf, and now all those skills are going to cost mana too? Every one of my favorite builds since 2.0 (possibly before that) has had a trigger function...this is a game-killing change.
"
Alatikus wrote:
The league and especially balancing announcemnts just feel very underwhelming to me.

I don't enjoy the campaign after years of repeating it league after league. Slowing the pace just feels like a step in the wrong direction. Why would I want to spend even more time to reach maps?

And the end game ... well the atlas passives usually take me weeks to acquire. With the DPS nerf, flask nerf, and very bleak outlook regarding my favourite builds ...

Just don't know ... Probably will try the league and watch youtube guides for builds ...

Just feels weird being told by Chris that the game is supposed to be harder when I already struggle with one-shots, sudden deaths, curses, ailments and very hard endgame bosses (yes, I do think Sirius and Maven are hard content).

I mean sure there are players who faceroll content. But that's true for most games - and will always be the case. But they get their rewards regardless and can gamble away 100s of ex at the end of a league.

With yesterday's announcement and past changes to mechanics, it seems meta-crafting, endgame, endgame items and endgame bosses are just supposed to be out of reach for me.

Does this motivate me to spend more time in the game and git gud? Nope.

Ty for organizing my thoughts in words.
I am wondering whether ggg developpers have never played this game …. I am a ssf player and it is very hard, it takes a lot of time investment to reach 36 challenges every season …and every new patch it is harder and hatder … games are place to enjoy, hard times are at work not during games … for example harvest makes non sense now …. Thousends of runs without finding useful recipes and without finding a single t4 seed… keep nerfing guys, and keep loosing players …. Time to quit imo
These in particular are excellent analyses.
"
LockeNKant wrote:
~snip~

"
Troublesome08 wrote:
~snip~

"
tyago04 wrote:
~snip~

"
MissyCC wrote:
~snip~

"
kole wrote:
~snip~

"
Malichus wrote:
~snip~

"
Bryde wrote:
~snip~

These are also accurate takes imo.
"
DungeonDaddy wrote:
~snip~

"
vivalaviva wrote:
~snip~

"
Ygidua wrote:
~snip~

"
Kulthanel wrote:
~snip~

"
Shadeless01 wrote:
~snip~

Disturbing pet theory:
Chris is going yolo with the entire western poe segment by hard filtering the community for the players of peak profitability. If it kills western poe, oh well, he's got eastern royalties, if it doesn't, he gets a cash printer and compliant community.

"
manifesto1 wrote:
Since everyone will be in the same league conditions, I cannot understand why so many are so unhappy?

For the same reason a flat tax isn't fair. Think of it like life points and builds. Line a bunch of random builds and subtract 2000 life from all of them. Fair right? Until all the CIs and dodge characters drop dead.

I had to stop compiling this reply after page 11. What an absolute dumpster fire.

Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on Jul 16, 2021, 4:33:43 PM
GGG, how about you gather all your major nerfs, buffs, balances and whatever, and just keep them for POE2 and give us break already with this kind of BS?
what was the game similar to this that ppl recommend lately, Epoch something? Time to give it a go, this ship's sinking....
Oh and Pathfinder says hi!
Last edited by msbrz on Jul 16, 2021, 4:56:47 PM
"
ClassePraCRL wrote:
"
All the salt from people is making me feel like 1000Exalt aura stacker super good. Imagine being salty over actually having the game move in a more fun direction LOL

[Removed by Support]

The official recommended reaction to such posts is silently report them. I do, as needlessly negative. The sword should cut both ways.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Jul 17, 2021, 4:15:22 PM
Do you seriously think that having broken, nerfed and slowed down all the players will endure and suffer for 3 months to pump out their builds ?? haha, do you really think so ?? lol? It would be very foolish and presumptuous to think so. Players will drop out of the league even earlier than the last. Apparently the experience of the Ultimatum nerfs taught you nothing. Well, that's a shame.
killing a fun
not gj ggg
I know the devs don't care, but here's my story with PoE:

I have played and supported the game since beta. I have a 4-digit number of hours played, more than any other game in my Steam library, and that doesn't include beta. I've spent countless hours watching streamers, reading on mechanics, browsing the wiki, trying to learn the mechanics, yet I've never seen any of the end bosses beyond normal Atziri. Not beaten, SEEN. Even with the most meta builds and decent gear, I keep dying in the red maps, one shot without ever knowing what even killed me. I've tried to get better, I have improved a lot too. I've even tried to introduce this game to at least half a dozen players, but they've given up quickly after trying because the whole game and all the mechanics are such a convoluted mess. The endgame is basically just watching bright lights and explosions of a gazillion mobs that could just as well be simple geometrical shapes flashing on the screen, then you die randomly. Yay.

And now you're telling me this game is too EASY and you're gonna make it more difficult? There are no words on how much I despise you. Right now I regret every cent I've given your company, every second spent with this game. PoE was great when it came out. It was well paced, dark and atmospheric, you could make your own builds that worked without having to follow the meta... none of that exists any more. To make a functional build you'd need more time spent studying this mess than a legit Master's degree.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Jul 17, 2021, 9:12:03 AM
Whenever there are nerfs happening , people whine. Remeber when minions got nerfed so hard they became "unplayable"? They were and still are fine and playable somehow. Remember when movementspeed was removed from almost all ascedancies and everyone cried how slow and boring the game will be? Game was as fast as before and sometimes even faster ( raider rework ).

You are all crybabies who burst out in tears whenever something is getting touched that you did for 5 years the same way. OH NO I HAVE TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW GGG BAD.

I hope they trashed every meta skill into oblivion so there are no "PLAY THIS SKILL FOR 0,1EX BUDGET TILL MAVEN" shitty youtube guides to follow and people actually explore some of the 100 support gems that arent adding raw damage so you can oneshot 5 screens.
Last edited by Cosmonaut111 on Jul 16, 2021, 7:24:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info