Transfigured Gems Part 1

"
banished wrote:
"
AirThraxx wrote:
So. I am planning on Blade Trap of Laceration but i have no idea how its gonna be. Some tips ?

You could stack with bladestorm . . . just saying, might be interesting.

Could be nice of course. Might give it a shot. thanks! Appreciate it :)
Interesting interactions so far ! The numbers on some of them don't seem very competitive but we'll see.
Understanding that you might still be brainstorming some ideas, could you please allow for a tansfigured version of Chaos Golems that stack their chaos damage aura at maybe half the value ? Seeing that anima stone got changed, golems could really use the extra love. Same thing for Holy Relics, they really aren't that strong with just a maximum of 2.
Also, please take a look at DOT's, especially things like Wintertide Brand, Soulrend, Righteous Fire and more bleeding interactions on skills, as I feel the quality changes aren't enough to make them shine. Cheers !
- Absolution and Dominating Blow

"Increases and Reductions to minion damage apply at 250% of their value"

Does it mean, my minions getting also minion damage equal to 250% of it's value or does it only boost the damage of my hit?

If it only boosts the damage of the character itself, why would anyone want to do that and also loose minions for it?

I simply don't see value in it, maybe someone else can enlighten me in this regard.
"
Ondrugs wrote:
- Absolution and Dominating Blow

"Increases and Reductions to minion damage apply at 250% of their value"

Does it mean, my minions getting also minion damage equal to 250% of it's value or does it only boost the damage of my hit?

If it only boosts the damage of the character itself, why would anyone want to do that and also loose minions for it?

I simply don't see value in it, maybe someone else can enlighten me in this regard.

only the character. you'd want that if you want a small army of minions but still want to deal the damage yourself. it's exactly like dark pact necro, and 250% is a lot.
Last edited by auspexa on Dec 5, 2023, 10:21:44 AM
You can see your mtx without equiped gear wow!
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Noice
"
banished wrote:
"
Ekkja wrote:
Let's discuss TransCyclone. Many of you are concerned about the -10ms per stage. This means, compared to the basic Cyclone, there's a -40% movement speed difference (the base is -20 at 20Q, so from -20 to -60, it's -40). However, it's not that significant of a difference, especially when you factor in the substantial Attack Speed (AS) gains, especially with level 21+ gems and 7 stages.

Also, consider utilizing the new Ascendancy, Majis, which provides +30% Movement Speed for non-socketed boots. This narrows the gap significantly.

Additionally, think about the synergy with the new necklace. Depending on your choice (without considering other tricks like rings, etc.) and with non-socketed boots, you can gain more than the +30% Movement Speed from Majis:

Solid +160 Max life
Solid +900 Accuracy
Solid +72% all res
A mix of these
With a well-crafted mod, you can create a powerful character, in my opinion. Furthermore, you'll have the flexibility to use other free sockets to gain bonuses, especially if you encounter issues with resistances or other aspects.

Moreover, you can opt for a good Dialla chest, providing +30% Quality on Cyclone (Max Movement Speed) and Awakened Enhance level 6 (an additional +40% Quality for even more Movement Speed) and many other bonuses.

If you prefer not to use the new necklace, you can opt for the reworked Ashes, easily slotting your Cyclone to level 21 (to unlock the 7 stages) and gaining an additional +30% Quality, enhancing your power even more.

I've presented two possibilities for the new Tcyclone build with two different necklaces. The only thing that will change is the crafting of the rest of the gear (or incorporating good unique items). With Untouched Soul, you can easily cap elemental resistances without needing them on rings, synergizing well with Majis (which is beneficial for melee builds), good tinctures with +75% effectiveness, and boosted flasks (with no need to over-cap elemental flasks).

I've never been this eager to start building a Tcyclone.

The only question is: Which class? Slayer is a good choice with the impact (+4 melee range, accuracy, and AoE). Melee range synergizes well with Cyclone (0.1 = 10% AoE), and you can play with Atziri's Disfavour for an extra +100% AoE (+1 melee range). Additionally, Slayer has no physical reflect, no bleed, and no stun. However, other classes may also be viable.

----> Any advice for the class ?

- Chieftain can be mad too ancestral call + fist of war + Tawhoa if it works on Cyclone but other are about be on defensive Elem res.
but IDK if it's a good idea for now

Sorry for the lengthy post in average English.

You can also str stack projectiles with ngmahu flame double coc like jung did so much dmg, str gives proj dmg and will power double coc proj fire spell jeeez.

Sure, but in this case you go without the Dialla chest so you lose a +70%Q (30 from chest 40 from awaked enhance) but yeah must be mad too !

We are going to have to spend more time doing research, pob, testing items and actual play time will be small. Learning this game already takes months and now this massive change. I dunno I love this game but it’s seeming more like a second job….
"
Palonso89 wrote:
"
palamantanta wrote:

All I say is, that cyclone ms downside is now even worse and that might lead to an even more limited pool of item choices. This seems to be the case for a lot of changed gems.

They really seem to force us to that one, two playstyle while at the same time locking certain Bis slots to make it playable AND enjoyable. Those are not the same in PoE. You can play anything with everything, question very often is "why should I" and that is so sad in a game that used to be "do what ever you want". We get limited for no reason.

Perhaps we are playing two different games but PoE never was like 'do whatever you want'. Of course you can build minion build on a slayer but why would you do that? PoE is about overcoming limitations and Stampede is just one of the ways to mitigate gem's downside while keeping massive boost to attack speed and without those limitations there would be completely no fun when creating a build. At least that's how I see it.

Of course there is this one guy taking it to the moon.

I was not talking about playing minions on slayer, obviously. PoE is about freedom of choice, no class is tied to only one archetype, any class can use any gem, this is what I was talking about.

And locking gem downsides behind certain item slots makes builds less accessible, which is not a bad thing in every case but for cyclone in particular it is, because it feels just bad with rare gear on a 4 link.
Other than 99% of the spell gems in the game.

Coming back to freedom of choice: if a gem requires 1 unique to be fun it is just fine (could be Stampede). It is a chase item for that build then. If it requires 2 to be even better, nice. Even more to hype for and a path of progression right there. But sacrificing an amulet, boots, rings, a body armor on top maybe an affliction introduced ascendancy (which btw. will be gone in 3.24 but cyclone will stay as is) it gets weird. It is nice that it attacks faster now but who cares if you have to get to the mob with another skill.

"
Ekkja wrote:
Let's discuss TransCyclone. Many of you are concerned about the -10ms per stage. This means, compared to the basic Cyclone, there's a -40% movement speed difference (the base is -20 at 20Q, so from -20 to -60, it's -40). However, it's not that significant of a difference, especially when you factor in the substantial Attack Speed (AS) gains, especially with level 21+ gems and 7 stages.

Attack speed does nothing for you if there is no mob around. You can spin 300 times per second but barely move. So how is this an argument FOR the change of the ms penalty?

You might be right with all the items you listed there, cyclone might even have another end game meta. But you have to farm those items either with the penalty on you or with the normal gem, which sucks compared to any spell regardless and if you compare it to attacks like caustic arrow cyclone is a joke.

Others farm their transfigured gem in 1-3 labs and just put on certain weapons or simply put their transfigured gem into a 4 link and are just set, but not cyclone. What are those barriers good for? Who is thinking "wow, I am so hyped for the ms penalty, I cannot wait to crawl through the acts getting left behind all the spell builds and nearly all attack builds to farm five items just because."

Base gems should be insane for the campaign, they should be fun, they should be accessible without downsides, and if they have downsides, it should be possible to overcome those during leveling. With first lab, with a key stone, with a support gem, just anything. Transfigured gems are whatever. Once the atlas is done or the first strat is setup nothing matters anymore pretty much. But, and this is actually my point, having that ms penalty during leveling sucks, on league start it is almost a nono to start with and farming the first couple of divines on minus ms would make me rage quit the league.

"
wtf , release the damn gems, i am going crazy here !

They don't have them yet. This is typical GGG, releasing untested stuff and using us as beta testers.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info