Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur Teasers

Most of these changes are pretty meh in all honesty.
GGG only caters to their beloved league sheep and whales, majority of whom treat Standard like it doesn't exist. Not everyone enjoys temp leagues.

If you're a price fixer, item flipper, forum brown-noser or an advocate of P2Annoy MTX you're probably already ignored/muted. You won't get my items.
"
vynleren wrote:
Bandit choice will be meaningful now. Fantastic.

not really....its the exact same choice as before lol, only ALL the options got nerfed.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
vynleren wrote:
Bandit choice will be meaningful now. Fantastic.

not really....its the exact same choice as before lol, only ALL the options got nerfed.

How so?

Eramir: 2 passives, same as before (since we get the 1 passive with the other quest its the same after all)

Oak: 40 life + 1 passive, except for some specific builds this is a nice choice over the old one. not sure if you can call this a nerf, more a rework

Alira: 15% all ele res + 1 passive, the 5 mana was nice for leveling but i rather have the passive. but this one i can see as 'nerfed'

Kraityn: 8% movement speed + 1 passive, the passive is more worth than what he lost and we get 2% more movement speed, seems like a buff to me.
Alira: lost 20% crit multi and the mana regen. Only kept the weakest reward: 15% resist which tends to be useless endgame.

Oak: still useless. One extra passive = potentially one extra %life or an entire jewel slot. In fact.....Oak might actually be the ONLY useful endgame option other than a passive just because the 40life might outperform a 5-6% life node at the VERY end of your build. depending on how you look at it...MAYBE this was the only one that got buffed.

Kraitlyn: movespeed? After tattoos were released? Useless. Before, the 10% ailment was way nicer than 2% additional movespeed. And guess what? 2% movespeed = 1 tattoo = ....you guessed it, Eramir.

The only option is STILL the skill point. You can't "add" the general skill point to all the rewards...it doesn't work like that. The additional skillpoint has nothing to do with the "choice" you make for bandits. That is a nice little buff to everyone across the board, but does NOTHING for the bandits.

So really: the only thing that happened was every bandit was nerfed (except maybe Oak), and Eramir remained the same. It actually made the bandit choice worse.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jul 14, 2024, 4:30:55 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Alira: lost 20% crit multi and the mana regen. Only kept the weakest reward: 15% resist which tends to be useless endgame.

Oak: still useless. One extra passive = potentially one extra %life or an entire jewel slot. In fact.....Oak might actually be the ONLY useful endgame option other than a passive just because the 40life might outperform a 5-6% life node at the VERY end of your build. depending on how you look at it...MAYBE this was the only one that got buffed.

Kraitlyn: movespeed? After tattoos were released? Useless.

The only option is STILL the skill point. You can't "add" the general skill point to all the rewards...it doesn't work like that. The additional skillpoint has nothing to do with the "choice" you make for bandits. That is a nice little buff to everyone across the board, but does NOTHING for the bandits.

Ofc i can add the passive. If we talk about nerf/buff, the end outcome is relevant (esp since you bring up endgame yourself, hence after all quests).
We end up with the 1 passive for all choices and an addtional passive for Eramir.
"
Miradae wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Kraitlyn: movespeed? After tattoos were released? Useless.

Ofc i can add the passive. If we talk about nerf/buff, the end outcome is relevant (esp since you bring up endgame yourself, hence after all quests).
We end up with the 1 passive for all choices and an addtional passive for Eramir.

The passive point is a reward for a totally different quest. We are talking about the Bandit choice quest. As such, you need to look at the bandits. Every single choice was nerfed. You don't get "an additional skill point for choosing Alira". Everyone got an additional skill point, and if you choose Alira you have now LOST 20% crit multi and some hefty mana regen.

The +1 skill is a WASH across any choice you make with bandits. It is a buff OUTSIDE of the bandits, but it doesn't lend any weight to your bandit decision, nor their value.

Read my post man...we are talking about the Bandit choice, and I was responding to someone talking about the BANDIT CHOICE. Everyone getting an additional skillpoint from somewhere else does not change the fact that the BANDITS were all nerfed, with the admitted exception of potentially Oak. But the end choice is still the same, especially thanks to tattoos and especially thanks to Adorned.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jul 14, 2024, 4:36:24 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
The passive point is a reward for a totally different quest. We are talking about the Bandit choice quest. As such, you need to look at the bandits. Every single choice was nerfed. You don't get "an additional skill point for choosing Alira". Everyone got an additional skill point, and if you choose Alira you have now LOST 20% crit multi and some hefty mana regen.

If you talk about validity of the different options, the overall power level doesnt matter, cause only the power compared to each other matters.

In this case the situation imho is better, because now the opportunity cost for chosing one of the bandits is only 1 passive, instead of 2. The badit options got less powerful as well but imho less than the 1 passive opportunity cost. So other options than eramir become more viable.

If we talk nerf/buff, the overall changes need to be accounted to. the endresult is we get 1 passive in all cases and another passive for eramir (or the bandit specifics).
"
Miradae wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

If you talk about validity of the different options, the overall power level doesnt matter, cause only the power compared to each other matters.

YES EXACTLY. This is exactly my point. The "overall" benefit of +1 skill point doesn't matter lol. Do you realize you just agreed?

And I already provided my thoughts on the bandits when compared to ONE passive point: they simply still do not stand up. With the exception of Oak, if 40 flat life ends up being more value than 1 passive worth of life at the end of your build. 15% all resist is almost entirely useless to almost every complete build (Alira, gone). 8% movement speed is pure comfort, and with tattoos most builds tend to replace all dexterity nodes with TONS of movement speed already so....useless (Kraitlyn, gone). Any non-life builds? (oak, gone). Any builds where that one passive point is going to unlock one more passive on a cluster? One more jewel socket for Adorned or even a normal jewel? One more 6% life node? Oak is gone.

There is STILL no choice for anyone that knows how to create a build. There is actually even LESS of a choice than there was before. At least SOME builds chose Alira because 20% crit multi is rather high, and the 5 flat mana regen scaled wonderfully. But those are gone now.

MAYBE just for giggles, people will go with Kraitlyn to max out their speed. These will likely be the glass cannons that have already gotten their max jewel slots by level 95 and have no other option available past that. But that's just pathetic.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jul 14, 2024, 4:51:37 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Miradae wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

YES EXACTLY. This is exactly my point. The "overall" benefit of +1 skill point doesn't matter lol. Do you realize you just agreed?

And I already provided my thoughts on the bandits when compared to ONE passive point: they simply still do not stand up. With the exception of Oak, if 40 flat life ends up being more value than 1 passive worth of life at the end of your build. 15% all resist is almost entirely useless to almost every complete build (Alira, gone). 8% movement speed is pure comfort, and with tattoos most builds tend to replace all dexterity nodes with TONS of movement speed already so....useless (Kraitlyn, gone). Any non-life builds? (oak, gone). Any builds where that one passive point is going to unlock one more passive on a cluster? One more jewel socket for Adorned or even a normal jewel? One more 6% life node? Oak is gone.

There is STILL no choice for anyone that knows how to create a build. There is actually even LESS of a choice than there was before. At least SOME builds chose Alira because 20% crit multi is rather high, and the 5 flat mana regen scaled wonderfully. But those are gone now.

Never disagreed with the validity of different options part. I disagree to call that a nerf. A nerf as stated is not about validity, its about power. So since we both agree on that point all that is left is the matter about 'are those options viable to each other'.

I personally think they are, since the opportunity cost decreased. Life always is a nice option (40 Flat Life is not easy to find with 1 passive), Movement Speed i personally find the weakest option (some streamers say its the strongest, probl because they value MS much more), and 15% all ele res is quite nice for 1 point.

Before the opportunity cost of 2 passives was too high to warrant the other options, except for some few builds and ofc for the leveling phase.

One can argue otherwise, but i dont think its such a clear cut result as you make it sound. Lets see if the situation changes and people now choose more often the bandits instead of eramir. if they dont, nothing much has changed and it was an interesting experiment. if they do, it shows the new options are more viable...
good lord, soo far every QOL is tailor-made for my plans
thank you GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info