Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur Teasers

^lol you DID disagree....read your first two posts bro.

In the past, two skill points were less valuable than they are now. Over time, those 2 skill points gained tons of power while the other options crumbled.

They could have LEFT the previous rewards exactly the same, and made Eramir only 1 skill point and, even then, it would still be 99% eramir. But in classic GGG fashion, they did a DOUBLE nerf expecting a different result. If people choose Alira, it means their gear isn't properly crafted. If people choose Kraitlyn, its because they want to min/max their movement speed and not because they NEED the movement speed. Only the choice of Oak 40 flat life MIGHT be a new option at the super endgame of your build because, as you said and I agree, 40 flat life MIGHT be more valuable than most of your final defensive options. But with The Adorned and tattoos in the game, this is the least likely time for it to actually be a "good" choice.

1 Skill point has never been more valuable, and the truly "good, unique" options from the bandits were removed. No more ailment immunity possibility with kraitlyn. This would have been better to keep than movement speed. No more DAMAGE or utility with Alira. Now, there are NO offensive bandit options except Eramir. Oak may have value, but his value only lies in min/maxing a lifepool at the very end of a well-crafted tree.

It is simply a mistake to choose any bandit over Eramir....still. Bandits may have value in leveling, but that's about it. And after the first week of a new league, they become obsolete because you have leveling uniques.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jul 14, 2024, 5:16:43 PM
I like turtles
Of all the quests that could grant that one bandit passive... hand? Really? Why not Great White Beast? Great White Beast is GREAT.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
^lol you DID disagree....read your first two posts bro.

In the past, two skill points were less valuable than they are now. Over time, those 2 skill points gained tons of power while the other options crumbled.

They could have LEFT the previous rewards exactly the same, and made Eramir only 1 skill point and, even then, it would still be 99% eramir. But in classic GGG fashion, they did a DOUBLE nerf expecting a different result. If people choose Alira, it means their gear isn't properly crafted. If people choose Kraitlyn, its because they want to min/max their movement speed and not because they NEED the movement speed. Only the choice of Oak 40 flat life MIGHT be a new option at the super endgame of your build because, as you said and I agree, 40 flat life MIGHT be more valuable than most of your final defensive options. But with The Adorned and tattoos in the game, this is the least likely time for it to actually be a "good" choice.

1 Skill point has never been more valuable, and the truly "good, unique" options from the bandits were removed. No more ailment immunity possibility with kraitlyn. This would have been better to keep than movement speed. No more DAMAGE or utility with Alira. Now, there are NO offensive bandit options except Eramir. Oak may have value, but his value only lies in min/maxing a lifepool at the very end of a well-crafted tree.

It is simply a mistake to choose any bandit over Eramir....still.

I am aware what i wrote, again my disagreement was as stated, regardless if it was understood or not. you can accept that or not, but i believe i have a certain advantage about knowing what i meant or not ;)

Not sure what you bring up the whole 'nerf' thing again, we already agreed that nerf and viability are different things.

We disagree on the viability of the options pre and post 3.25. Which is fine, the future will tell. Again I dont think its as clear cut as you make it sound, but we will see if the end result will be more bandit choice diversity or not.

I half agree, or at least sympathize with your point about making the optione more 'unique' in usage instead of general useful buffs. I can understand why GGG went with the general approach, to not open up another 'bandits only for corner cases' situation, but i also think it might have been more interesting.
Okay, VERY nice change with Simulacrum farming.

I've been wanting this change for so long...

EZ Clap
Could you add some more space in Simulacrums too? It's a bit too tight, with Kosis creating bubbles everywhere...
Quit crying about bandits game is fine as always
cool change. Simulacrums is boring af.
BringBackTota
Something that seems very obvious to me regarding the bandit changes is that it is intended to make the campaign important. It seems that GG want players to chose one of the three bandit rewards for early campaign, then respec them later on.

Definitely a missed opportunity to add something truly valuable to the bandits quest, but then a quality RPG would provide a genuine decision point by tempting players with a really strong power, but then consequences for supporting a bandit would play out through other quest lines. Here, you get lip service and an inability to carry through a concept.

The same with compelling players to engage with content that has been left behind and not really relevant anymore (cough, Lab, cough). Rather than make the gameplay interesting and compelling, they just whack an incentive at the end of it, forcing players to pursue it. Once again, poor design and sunk cost fallacy driving decisions. We seem to have strayed a long way from when GG streamlined portions of the campaign because they didn't really add anything to the player experience.

I am certainly reluctant to laud GG for any form of QoL improvement when they are well overdue, still fall short of genuine quality, there are many more issues of greater importance that remain unfixed, and when some of these teasers are just change for the sake of change, not really adding anything to player experience.

I just wish they'd stop frittering around the edges and actually produce some meaningful content for PoE instead of using all our payments to produce PoE 2.
"
Something that seems very obvious to me regarding the bandit changes is that it is intended to make the campaign important. It seems that GG want players to chose one of the three bandit rewards for early campaign, then respec them later on.

I just wish they'd stop frittering around the edges and actually produce some meaningful content for PoE instead of using all our payments to produce PoE 2.

Redditor player found.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info