Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur Teasers

"
Voidbreaker1 wrote:
"
Miradae wrote:

I personally think they are, since the opportunity cost decreased. Life always is a nice option (40 Flat Life is not easy to find with 1 passive), Movement Speed i personally find the weakest option (some streamers say its the strongest, probl because they value MS much more), and 15% all ele res is quite nice for 1 point.

There is STILL no choice for anyone that knows how to create a build. There is actually even LESS of a choice than there was before. At least SOME builds chose Alira because 20% crit multi is rather high, and the 5 flat mana regen scaled wonderfully. But those are gone now.

^ He is right, this is corect. You don't understand that those are yes, pretty "nice" options, but lategame there is no choice anymore. The nodes will 99% of the time be entirely powercrept by aditional cluster jewel nodes or other powerful nodes.

We don't want to have a choice only during the campaign. We want a solid permanent choice that is really worth 1 points. Also yeah, mana regen from Alira was insane, that is indeed a nerf. I would even take 5 mana regen alone for 1 point if i'm being honest.

Correct. And unveiled life on rings is far more useful than t1 life for me, cause it reduce the pressure of mana cost they introduced in this (necropolis) league.
"
Voidbreaker1 wrote:
"
Miradae wrote:

I personally think they are, since the opportunity cost decreased. Life always is a nice option (40 Flat Life is not easy to find with 1 passive), Movement Speed i personally find the weakest option (some streamers say its the strongest, probl because they value MS much more), and 15% all ele res is quite nice for 1 point.

There is STILL no choice for anyone that knows how to create a build. There is actually even LESS of a choice than there was before. At least SOME builds chose Alira because 20% crit multi is rather high, and the 5 flat mana regen scaled wonderfully. But those are gone now.

^ He is right, this is corect. You don't understand that those are yes, pretty "nice" options, but lategame there is no choice anymore. The nodes will 99% of the time be entirely powercrept by aditional cluster jewel nodes or other powerful nodes.

We don't want to have a choice only during the campaign. We want a solid permanent choice that is really worth 1 points. Also yeah, mana regen from Alira was insane, that is indeed a nerf. I would even take 5 mana regen alone for 1 point if i'm being honest.

Most players/builds don't get to the point where they use 12p 35% effect clusters that have insane value per passive.
I get your point but thats why they left the option to get 1 passive skill instead of choosing a bonus. As people mentioned before bandits used to cost 2 passives which were generall bad even early on except for alira in crit builds. Now at least early on you have good options to pick and maybe respec later.
On the other hand it would make no sense to offer insane stats early on to a lvl 20 character in act 2 especially if you don't have the exact setup of your build in mind with everything planned out.
Last edited by demon7310 on Jul 15, 2024, 4:54:43 AM
To be honest the value of a passive point varies so much and depends on so many factors that they should just give 2 passives in the other quest and give the bandit reward as its own little bonus that players get to choose. They can put something small so it is appropriate for act 2, and at the same time wouldn't require too much balancing for end game.

Something like +25 HP / +5 all res / +5% ms
"
demon7310 wrote:

Most players/builds don't get to the point where they use 12p 35% effect clusters that have insane value per passive.
I get your point but thats why they left the option to get 1 passive skill instead of choosing a bonus. As people mentioned before bandits used to cost 2 passives which were generall bad even early on except for alira in crit builds. Now at least early on you have good options to pick and maybe respec later.
On the other hand it would make no sense to offer insane stats early on to a lvl 20 character in act 2 especially if you don't have the exact setup of your build in mind with everything planned out.

That is not true, do you really think most people quit so early that they dont have a cluster setup? Plus, you don't even need a perfect cluster setup, can be half its power and still more relevant than a bandit option. A half baked one like that costs nothing, I had one of those after week 1. The power it gives is far superior than any bandit choice. Not to mention, you don't even need a cluster setup, just the pure pathing to something on the tree is by default very valuable these days.

Also, I didnt ask for "insane" stats. We are asking for enticing, maybe unique but balanced stats.

For example, on oak they should give 3% pdr on top of the life and it will suddently be considered for 1 point at any part of the game ( early on, pdr doesnt do much, but life is still good). On alira, put the 5 regen back. On kraitin, give him a bonus 20% ailment avoidance. Something like that. These are not groundbreaking at all, doesnt make the progression much more op ( since it's just QoL and you actually have to invest in those buffs to make them better). These are basically the old boosts but enhanced and slightly changed. Of course, they could do something even more interesting, but even at a surface level like this, it's still better than the change they do now.

And I will repeat it: we need actual choices, not a temporary fix to the campaign ONLY.
Last edited by Voidbreaker1 on Jul 15, 2024, 6:11:38 AM
"
Bowspin wrote:
To be honest the value of a passive point varies so much and depends on so many factors that they should just give 2 passives in the other quest and give the bandit reward as its own little bonus that players get to choose. They can put something small so it is appropriate for act 2, and at the same time wouldn't require too much balancing for end game.

See, this is an actual good change, I agree with this. It makes it a choice for lategame and helps early game as well. It's not breaking the lategame nor the early game. This is actually insane, best comment in this entire chat pog.
Let's see what y guys can do without our beloved Chris... I hope you don't ruin this fine game as Glizzard's Diablo2 screwed their fans by ignorance. Thanks god Chris showed up, made this Great game so we didn't had to extract .mpq's to make our own updates. GGG Top G's! <3 So proud of ggg!
"
Voidbreaker1 wrote:
"
Bowspin wrote:

See, this is an actual good change, I agree with this. It makes it a choice for lategame and helps early game as well. It's not breaking the lategame nor the early game. This is actually insane, best comment in this entire chat pog.

Probally the worst in fact; that way there is no space for theory crafting anymore, it would be one more step towards trivialisation :(
what about a proper arena for Simulacrum ? nice idea and such with the towns, okay. but this feels clunky at the very best.

and in the end it's a big shitshow because sometimes you simply cannot see what is happening.

what about the the size of the arena from act4 when you go to daresso and fight those 3 unique bosses along the way?
Last edited by b44dss on Jul 15, 2024, 7:05:36 AM
"
ofadown wrote:
"
Voidbreaker1 wrote:
"
Bowspin wrote:

Probally the worst in fact; that way there is no space for theory crafting anymore, it would be one more step towards trivialisation :(

How so? You literally maintain a similar power level and then have a choice to make...
"
Does anyone know the leftmost buff in today's (Simulacrum) teaser?
The red mark, like a strong arm, with percentage on it.

Thats the cruelty buff from the support gem of the same Name
gives extra dot damage based on the power of the hit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info